It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You don't mutilate your daughters - why do you mutilate your sons ? (Discussion concerning human se

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Bunken Drum

Okay, just done some research and it's not rare at all.

Different people have different lengths of foreskin, men with shorter foreskin may find that it retracts automatically when they have an erect, men with longer foreskin can still have the head of the penis covered when they achieve an erection.

As long as it can be manually pulled all the way back (which mine can) then there is no problem.

Side note: It was thought when I was a young boy that my foreskin was too tight and I vividly remember going to see a nurse who painfully, pulled it all the way back and then cheerfully told me I was fine. I was sore though!

Sorry mods if this seems a bit graphic, it's a hard topic to discuss without being.

edit on 22/9/10 by Death_Kron because: spelling

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Has traditional ritual Philippine circumcision been brought up yet?

Nasty nasty business. At 8 years old or so a boy gets held down, a knife is placed into the foreskin on top of the knob with blade up. Then the blade gets whacked with a piece of wood making one incision the length of the forsaking. They then throw the boy into the sea. No pain killers nothing only a basket in the shorts after to keep pants from rubbing fresh wound.

So when it heals the foreskin all hangs down around the sides looking like a lions main....or so my wife says. She has brothers that have gone under the knife

Fortunately the word is spreading that this is an uneducated practice and fewer families are practicing it. But most don't have the money to even go to a clinic to have it done as babies.

If i had a toque and knew what i had to face when i reached 8 years old i would run away for sure.

Warning graphic pictures
www.noharmm.org...

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

Have you ever done research on female circumcision? There is no comparison. The girl's genitals are cut open, the clitoris removed and the cut sewn up again. Sometimes the hole left is the size of a match head.

Sex for those girls really must be hell on earth.

You are comparing goldfish with killer whales here.

edit on 2010/9/22 by J.Smit because: spelling error corrected

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by J.Smit
Have you ever done research on female circumcision? There is no comparison. The girl's genitals are cut open, the clitoris removed and the cut sewn up again. Sometimes the hole left is the size of a match head.

Sex for those girls really must be hell on earth.

You are comparing goldfish with killer whales here.

What you are inaccurately describing is infibulation. Worldwide, only a small proportion of FGM involves infibulation. Most operations are less severe.

So, if you had a daughter where the form of FGM practiced was the removal of the clitoral hood, would you be happy to have this done because some girls in some countries underwent drastic surgery instead?

edit on 22/9/10 by Kailassa because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   
My parents did it because they were Christians who had been fooled into letting the Jews mark their male children as slaves.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun

I hope she is satisfied with the balance of the response, but I doubt it since they did not support her thesis but actually showed it to be faulty.
To quote the sublime response by stumason earlier: Total Bollocks.
What we have actually seen in this thread is an exchange of scientific studies (which just goes to show that there is no scientific consensus upon which we can base our decisions); from the circumcised, a mixture of unsupportable conjecture, denial & a few nuggets of truth; from the intact, attempts to lay some fallacies (should that be phallusies?) to rest, more dubious conjecture & again, some nuggets of truth; there's been plenty of corollary discussion, but the majority of opinion so far has been that, whilst male circumcision cannot be compared to FGM in its severity, it is nonetheless a painful permanent alteration of the body & thus ought to be left to the individual concerned to decide (which was the thrust of the OPs argument to begin with).
Purely from the flavour of your input, if I had to guess, I'd say you are bang in denial yourself. No doubt you'll think I'm taking the piss with my next statement, but I assure you, I am completely in earnest:
Weep for your loss.
Unaddressed grief is as poisonous to the psyche as buried frustration.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I'll share this bit of information about myself, they botched my circumcision. It doesn't hinder its usage, however the nasty scars are a bit of an eyesore. I will never let my children undergo such a procedure. Its been traumatic for me, especially when I've had to explain to my past girlfriends why my member looks the way it does. I know I won't sway many (if any) people's opinions, but I thought I should share my awful experience with circumcision.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by ADUB77
Heres a question...

Would you trade a little sensation for a longer experience with the same climactic ending?
Here's another question:
A relative will gift you an investment of $1000 but you have to decide now whether you want to cash in after 6months or 5yrs. The estimates are that at 6months you'll be lucky to get $1025 & at 5yrs you'll get at least $1300.
Which do you choose?
(Bear in mind that these figures are based on current market conditions & safe investments. As an analogy, they fall down flat on their arse when compared to the value of what we're actually talking about.)

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by J.Smit

Nobody should be cutting anything off of any baby period.

The only exception is like a tumor or something endangering that baby's life.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by The Great Day

I feel for anybody that is mutilated.

God, how horribly primitive.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I was circumcised and I'm glad I was. Since you started the topic, I find uncircumcised penis's repulsive and disgusting. They are also a source of infection and sanitary concerns.

We could consider piercing and tattoos as mutilation if we want to stretch it to your standards. This is a family preference and should be kept as such.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Echtelion
One of the most repulsive threads I've ever read on this site...

Flames aside, excision should not be used as a tool to point the finger at Muslim people, since it is a practice used only in a few specific countries, and originates from the specific power structure and codes of these places.

Which is in large part dictated by Islam which is tightly integrated with government and legislation, unlike most other religions. Most Muslim countries ENFORCE religious edicts as law. It is an integral part of Islam.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Where does all this bs about unhealthy and unsanitary in the western world come from?

This is a serious question.

Would prefer actual medical studies if there are any.

When I type that question into google I get nothing but opinion, when I type in "studies on sanitation for foreskin" all I get are studies done in 3rd world countries.

Am I missing something?

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by pscysm

Originally posted by Bunken Drum
From what I've heard,...... hundreds of boys have been deprived of real sex.

I'm not going to give details of my sexual experiences, but you haven't described anything new.
I understand, you've just started having regular sex and wants the world to know.

*Leaves thread*
I rarely resort to trite net-speak, but I'm afraid that this post deserves nothing better, thus:
epic fail

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by havok

Ignorant.

"It looks icky so I'm content with being deprived of an experience I can never have now."

Cutting your ears off as a child isn't something you'll remember and hell it will even help prevent earwax from building up. So I guess by your logic we should cut off everyones ears. Especially since I think ears are unattractive.

Mutilation of any form should be a conscious decision made by an informed adult for THEMSELVES. I believe you shouldn't even be sexually active until you have the mental faculties, so by that age you should be intelligent enough to know if you want yourself mutilated for your partner.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd

I know I said I was bowing out of the thread, but I figured I should close with this important public service announcement:

Friends, don't let friends post drunk.
Another rather telling comment. Because I am willing to be completely frank, within T&Cs, about sex & sexuality & also offer examples from my own experience, you assume I must have been drunk? Go back & reread my posts. Was there an excessive amount of typos, poor grammer, or statements appropos of nothing? I doubt it. When I am drunk however, these are the symptoms by which you can diagnose the problem.
In reality, I am not burdened by shame in this regard. As I've posted before, why should I care what people think of my lifestyle when I know that nearly 9 out of 10 of them are borderline nuts (not that I'm much different, but I'm doing something about it)? Furthermore, even if I was ashamed of my sex-life, what are the chances that any of us will ever meet F2F? Virtually nil. So why shouldn't I let it all hang out, as it were? If more people were prepared to do the same, there's a great deal of misinformation that would be quashed overnight, plenty of human anguish avoided & many of the horrible actions which ultimately stem from a messed up personality ameliorated.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Reign02

Excess skin causes your "head" to remain dirty and it makes you stink and taste horrible to a woman.
How do you know this? Have you ever had an uncut member in your mouth?
I've tasted many, of both varieties, &, I can promise you, if someone had the kind of hygiene problems which might lead to an unpleasant odour/taste, we would not have even got to the stage where it was out of the pants.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Death_Kron

Sex smells! I'm not saying that people should be unclean down below but unless you've literally just come out of the shower/bath there will always be a body odour, it's called your natural scent.
Thank you for adding that to the discussion. The way some people go on, you'd think our bodies were made of PTFE coated plastic or something!
Actually we are flesh & blood mammals & a significant proportion of our mass is made up of other organisms. Most of them are pretty innocuous, many are essential, but, just like ourselves, all must respire &, between ourselves & our bioflora & fauna*, some of the products of respiration will be gaseous & thus have an odour.
[*I once met a bloke whose eyes were in a terrible state. Apparently, there's a tiny creature that lives on the residue of the lubrication that allows us to blink without scratching the eyeball. His had died off. He had to get a culture of them from his mum innoculated back into his own eyes!]
I reckon that the thing to understand about body odour is that putting something on ourselves which smells like anything other than what we naturally pong of does not actually do the trick. Our noses are sensitive enough (even if we smoke) to detect anything unpleasant. Chances are that, just as Kailassa said, it'll be down to our diets. We are what we eat: if that is burger & fries, you're going to smell unpleasant & no amount of soap, aftershave, or body spray will change that. Conversely, if you have a heavy session on mint schnapps, your body will smell of mint for several days after.
On the same note, much of our olfactory response is unconscious, but 1 thing we all respond to is sex pheromones. If any of you fancy an adventure, try having a shower with someone, having sex with them & then going out to a nightclub in clean clothes, but without any perfume on. It'd help if whole garlic is part of your ordinary diet. See what happens...

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

There is so much you all do not know and you wonder why the world sucks. Look at what you want as parents, as teachers, and leaders of tomorrow. You are designing a failure of a society.
There was much in the rest of this post which, whilst not totally agreeing with, I do find compelling, interesting &, if somewhat basic, nonetheless heading in a direction I'd happily follow. But...
There always is 1, eh? This 1 is a saggy, spotty, unpleasant smelling example... To whit:
What, in the name of all thats moist, does circumcision do to promote a willingness for self-education, the ability &/or willingness for personal responsibility, or the understanding that the status derived from material wealth is illusory, since it is dependant on the wealth, not the character, & thus promotes an overriding necessity to keep the wealth, by whatever means, rather than persue the kind of lifestyle which would otherwise grant status from being useful, decent, friendly & helpful... (oh yeah & being a skillful lover helps with the whole "legend in your own lunchtime" thing also)?
The way I look at it is this: if you are the kind of person that just cant grasp the concept of hygiene, then its likely that the only partners you're going to have are those who have little self-respect, thus your children will likely grow up disadvantaged. Being so, its likely that they will have fewer successful offspring of their own.
That is evolution.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kailassa

Extra-virgin olive oil, liberally applied with every nappy change, and and change frequently. It's brilliant for nappy rash.
- and no soap.
Well, its a bit late now!
I dont know why we didn't think of that at the time, because we used EV olive oil to rub into my wife's skin over the bumps when she was pregnant. It didn't stop all the stretch marks, but she got away with a few silver lines just to the side & above her pubes (plus a few on her arse the 1st time b/c she was pretty skinny but put on weight really quick when she was pregnant). Her main concern was some ink she has just above the knicker-line. It did get pulled a bit, but no marks through it.
We were a bit skint the 1st time, but, by the time my son came along, we could afford coconut butter every now & then for my wife's skin. I reckon that would be great for a baby's arse, if you've got the wedge!

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join