It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Men's-rights activists seek right to decline fatherhood in event of unplanned pregnancy

page: 77
<< 74  75  76    78  79  80 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

Beautiful. I could get behind that 100%. I think you understand the spirit of the argument and haven't, as I have, gotten bogged down in the particulars of the law, and side issues. For more on the case in question, and a handy summary of the incorrect reasoning behind its dismissal, see pg. 68., my two posts on the page. I spent quite alot of time on them, and would love to see them addressed, by anyone, pro or con.
Welcome to the discussion.

edit on 27-9-2010 by joechip because: edit to add

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   
You know what, I'm glad this was brought to attention. If woman have the right to decline motherhood through abortion, then the biological fathers should have the right to...Financially leave the child.
That being said... You should honestly just be more careful
If you're in a situation where having a child would cause you enough trouble to abandon it, you should keep your pants on!
edit on 8-10-2010 by TheFeminineOperaGhost because: I went over it, and realized it sounded dumb. Thus, I fixed it.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   

edit on 9-10-2010 by MessOnTheFED! because: bee drinking people, nothing to see here move along.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by TheFeminineOperaGhost

If you're in a situation where having a child would cause you enough trouble to abandon it, you should keep your pants on!

Do you honestly believe it's realistic to expect people to refrain from sex unless they are willing and able to have and raise children? I think this is just wildly unrealistic. And since it was said to women about the abortion issue back in the day, it's particularly ironic to have it repeated to men now. Unrealistic expectation of both women and men, however, more realistic to expect women to "wait for marriage" or some such notion than men. Hence, they set the pace of sexual intimacy naturally; as their sexual behavior changes, so goes the men.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by joechip

It's the same form of hypocrisy that Pro-Feminists continue to ignore over and over again. Why should women should have the right to carefree sex without regard for consequences but men should be abstinent lest they want to be a father? Could it be that deep down, staunch Feminists believe Women are Superior to Men? It seems in many cases they do feel this but will not state it openly...

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost

Or could it be men deep down feel inferior to women, and out of this inferiority they try to demand rights they are not entitled to?

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by hotbakedtater
Or could it be men deep down feel inferior to women, and out of this inferiority they try to demand rights they are not entitled to?

Ok, if we hypothetically suppose that a man is not entitled to any rights over his unborn child ( as it currently stands ), then it can only logically follow that he should have no legal obligation for any financial support towards a child that he had no involvement or rights over it's legal creation.

What you are doing is flip-flopping between the legal definition and biological definition of life, and using the one that is most beneficial to the woman at each given scenario.

Although you are just echoing the current legal standing of the situation, it is still a very intellectually dishonest line of argument, and one that is has nothing to do with gender equality, and everything to do with female dominance on this issue.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Lebowski v Lebowski followed a precedent stipulating that once a man had given up his sperm, it was the woman's right to do with it as she pleased. Boris Becker was likewise presented with such a decision.

Or, in the parlance of our times...what did you think it was all about, fun and games?

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by starless and bible black
Lebowski v Lebowski followed a precedent stipulating that once a man had given up his sperm, it was the woman's right to do with it as she pleased. Boris Becker was likewise presented with such a decision.

Or, in the parlance of our times...what did you think it was all about, fun and games?

This is what I mean.

Any idea based on this law that a man should be financially responsible for a woman's decision is clearly illogical and discriminatory.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

This is what I mean.

Any idea based on this law that a man should be financially responsible for a woman's decision is clearly illogical and discriminatory.

Agreed Completely...

The current Femosupremisist Situation in the Western World is part of the Induced Hierarchy of the powers that Be.

With the Majority of Men on the Bottom.... as Slaves and Serfs...

Women Above them, and the Elite at the Top.

The Elite Control the women through the natural Hypergamous instincts of the Fairer Sex...

And any man that complains about his serfdom, is attacked by the Female Prison Guards.

"It takes a Strong Man, to submit to the Bold Faced Lies of a *Strong Woman*"

-Edrick

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Show me where I said men have no rights. They do have plenty of reproductive rights, I never said they had no rights.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Edrick

Where in the world is this fantasy island located?

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by joechip

You are correct that people can't be relied on to do the sensible thing. Which is why there should be mandatory sterilization and only until a person can prove they are financially, mentally, and physically able to provide for a child should the sterilization process be reversed.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I think this and should be a constitutional right as women rights display equality.
Some women in this world yearn for companionship and if they feel that is being ceased the next way to snare a man of their choice is by opening legs and giving into mans primal instinct to have physical consumations. Like trick or treat- treat if its a mutual act to satisfy one another desires- trick if this is the way to a mans heart from the views of a snaring woman.

I have had this done to me at very young age, being 13 and peer pressure of getting some, 17 yr old girl enticed me to have sexual relatons with her and got pregnant, the courts ruled because of her age and my age, child support would never be the issue, contact with the child was closed up till boy became adult age, like a restraining order from the courts stating I could not be within 100 ft of residence. I did get sneeky by spending time within public establishments- mallls, restaurants, etc where I knew the child would be.

men should have the right to choose if he wants to have a child or not jus like a woman has the right to do a mans job

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by pink_guys64

That is wrong for you to have been kept from your kid. Im sorry tht happened to you.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

You have said continually that men have the right to abstain from sex unless they are prepared to be fathers. In your world that is their sole reproductive right. You do not hold women to this same standard because they have the "baby-making ovens". They can have sex whenever they like and the man's wishes mean nothing; men are sperm banks and money banks who bow to the will of what the woman wants. So much for equality, hey?

I find it very ironic that I need to tell a Feminist that I do not have "womb envy" just because I feel men deserve a say in whether or not they can financially and emotionally support a child in this world.

--------------------------

That scene from The Big Lebowski is a very telling one of the times we live in. When a man uses deceptive means to have sex with a woman he is charged with Fraud or Rape. When a women does the same thing to a man he is laughed at and ridiculed for complaining about being treated in such a manner.
edit on 11/10/2010 by Dark Ghost because: added extra reply

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 05:13 AM
link   

You are correct that people can't be relied on to do the sensible thing. Which is why there should be mandatory sterilization and only until a person can prove they are financially, mentally, and physically able to provide for a child should the sterilization process be reversed.
reply to post by Kirill

One more person, unaware or uncaring of what their freedom means, calling for the police state solution. Yeah, that's a nice constitutional solution you have there. (Not.)

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Yeah, those 'uppity" men, demanding rights. (Because someone's rights haven't been respected or acknowledged, in no way means they aren't entitled to them. That's why there are called "rights" in the first place, I have them, whether Law or society recognizes them. You have to fight for your rights, they aren't generally granted; civil rights for African Americans for example.)

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Where in the world is this fantasy island located?

Are you responding to my post?

Or are you just Throwing Insulting One liners at me?

You do REALIZE, that you are posting on a *CONSPIRACY* forum, right?

And you are going to "You must be Crazy!" me now?

Lady... do you know where YOU are?

And any man that complains about his serfdom, is attacked by the Female Prison Guards.

-Edrick
edit on 11-10-2010 by Edrick because: Error Correction, Addition

edit on 11-10-2010 by Edrick because: condensed video clip

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 12:39 AM
link   
When did being a man mean "being castrated and acting like an emotionally upset female?"

"Unintended causalities of a pregnancy?" .. seems to me if you cant keep control of "little joe pecker" that has half the brain wired to it, and keep out of the "garden valley" when the river bursts the "dam", then you got what you deserved (should have kept joe in the safety of the "submarine" dude)

Takes two to tango, and the responsibility has always been a "Man's Job" since a womens emotional state is always "unpredictable" .. or is history not taught to children anymore?..

Millions of little "torpedoes" getting past the dam, and it only has to hit the mark "once" .. jeez dude.. learn basic biology, and "Man Up!!"

top topics

<< 74  75  76    78  79  80 >>

join