It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslims to burn US flags in protest of Koran burnings

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I find that all involved are acting worse than children.

Children know better! Im ashamed to be an adult, I think I will go play with my old legos

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
The guy burning the Qran is an idiot and endangering the lives of US soldiers and people all over the world!! He's an intolerant racist bigot.

Having said that, most of my Muslim friends aren't even that angry...they look at the guy as some random lunatic who was dropped on his head at birth. He's just a crazy fundi and the media's giving him way too much attention.

edit on 9-9-2010 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by mothershipzeta
Let's assume for a moment that this pastor is sincerely following the words of his Lord and Savior.

Christ said:

So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets."(Matthew 7:12)

So, this pastor must want Muslims to burn Bibles.

Otherwise, he's a hypocrite who is violating this fundamental teaching.

he's a hypocrite who is violating this fundamental teaching.
he's a hypocrite who is violating this fundamental teaching.

this is my pick

he would not even care if somebody burned a bible in front of him
since he violated by far the basic fundamental teaching

i say lets arrest the guy .. it would restore the USA in a good spirited direction for the world eyes
what would be better on TV
Terry Jones being arrested for Racial Hostile hate ?
Burning the Koran Live

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Le Colonel
I find that all involved are acting worse than children.

Children know better! Im ashamed to be an adult, I think I will go play with my old legos

LOL ahh le bon vieux temp quand on jouait avec nos lego
maintenant yont toute des ipods

-

ahh the good old time when we were playing with our lego blocks
now they have ipods

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Truth_Hz
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

I can see where you are coming from but what is the lesser of two evils, insulting an entire religion that is spread worldwide or pissing off a few hicks?
You might be underestimating these "hicks" that Terry Jones apparently represents. Any investigation into the history of "rednecks" and "hillbillies" will prove that they've historically been formidable adversaries. They were a force to be reckoned with in Britain, valuable pawns in Ulster and the French and Indian Wars in the American colonies, a significant force during the War of the Regulation and the American Revolution, and a thorn in the side of the federal government during the Whiskey Rebellion, the American Civil War, and the Coalfield Wars. Hardly a group of spineless cowards known for running from a fight.
Let's not overlook another possibility. The media may be manipulating public opinion towards a group that the government fears in a context other than simply issues of religious freedom. Doesn't make some of them any less of a bigot, but it helps explain why they're the bigots we're most frequently shown..

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Ok then. Again. Why should I care? Oh yes sure we should point out the fallacies of becoming as bad as those we hate, but lost are those generations of hate. Be the best of humanity and let them learn. I could hardly care when they do this. It's a black hole. Offset it's gravity with your own. Do not directly intervene for you will be consumed.

I don't want to preach noninterventionism. I want to preach non-phobia. Fear of nothing. Human generated destruction is just a byproduct of hate, which is a product of fear. Eliminate the fear, eliminate the destruction and hate. Eliminate fear of fools burning crap, eliminate their output of hate. They become obsolete to society and their words empty. To constantly post them gives them the credit that they do not deserve.

There is only one way to treat them and change them:

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormwind

reply to post by jibeho

reply to post by Mdv2

I'm against the burning of the Quran/Koran.

However that being said. There is this whole freedom of speech thing that we have here in the states that many have fought and died for so idiots like this preacher can burn books.
As much as I am bothered by the idea of this act I had to laugh. Muslims to burn US flags

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Well, all I can say is: fair game?

What do these people expect when they burn the Quran? South Park creators were threatened with death for their 201 episode...imagine the response to the Quran burning.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
i am completely shocked as i have never heard of an islamic group burning american flags.

kinda gives the impression they dont like us.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   
The "Koran" is not just a book but a way of life. The "Bible" is just not a book but a way of life. Compare each manuscript. Which path would you choose? This pastor is just bringing it to your attention. Radical Islam can be compared to the christian reformation minus nonviolence.

If and when the Muslims start burning our flag on September 11th again you will whitness there true colors.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I say we all pitch in and get plane tickets for Jones and his followers! What good is his demonstration if those who it's meant to offend can't witness it with their own eyes... in person! Lets fly Jones and his followers to the ME so they can personally deliver their "message"!

The best part is... we'd only need to come up with enough for one-way tickets!

edit on 9/9/10 by redmage because: fixed contraction: "We'd"

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   
The MSM is every bit as much to blame. Why even cover it in the first place? It's because they have given this goof-ball airtime that everyone knows about it. They turn what is really just a bunch of hicks holding a puerile ceremony into an international event. If they hadn't of covered it, no one would be any the wiser!

IRM

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Knowing just how fanatical Muslims are concerning their religion, makes me wonder why this turd would even consider burning their holy book. I have no doubt there will be repercussions worldwide, and it will be innocent folk who suffer. I'm now starting to wonder if this sicko preacher is working for those who want nothing less than complete world domination, or perhaps those for whom war is no more than one of the best ways of reaping massive wealth at the expense of both sides. I think we should also be looking behind the headlines and try to learn what it is that TPTB may be using this disgusting Koran burning as a means of distraction. I am not religious, and this latest crap is only one of my many reasons why.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by redmage
I say we all pitch in and get plane tickets for Jones and his followers! What good is his demonstration if those who it's meant to offend can't witness it with their own eyes... in person! Lets fly Jones and his followers to the ME so they can personally deliver their "message"!

The best part is... we only need to come up with enough for one-way tickets!

I agree.... I think he should go to Pakistan and hold his "protest" in the right place.

Also IRM is right, As with most of these stories, if it wasn't for the MSM.... nobody would even know about these hicks and their ridiculous stunt.

Oh well.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Jesus christ, can someone get this crazy radicals some Jewish writers or something?

These guys aren't original in the slightest. They need some new material.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
This won't be taken lightly by any means. This fruity preacher with his fifty dollar sign on a tore up tailor will insight world wide hatred toward America.He knows it, and repeat this burning of the Koran until the bombs fall.

I don't think these are harmless actions and would like to know how preacher man can be stopped.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Obama: Quran-burning plan is 'recruitment bonanza for al Qaeda' CNN link

A plan by a small Florida church to burn Qurans on September 11, which has triggered worldwide controversy, is a "recruitment bonanza for al Qaeda," President Obama said Thursday.

"You could have serious violence in places like Pakistan or Afghanistan" as a result of the proposal by the Gainesville, Florida-based Dove World Outreach Center, Obama said on ABC's "Good Morning America." "This could increase the recruitment of individuals who'd be willing to blow themselves up in American cities or European cities."

Then .. its in his PRESIDENCY DUTIES to STOP TERRY JONES ASAP
he will be impeachable if he doesnt do nothing to prevent US troops getting in more harms way

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Who cares. Let 'em burn some Korans. Let the Muslims burn some flags and bibles, not like it's anything new. I suppose when we start beheading people over here they'll get REALLY upset.

"The main perpetrator (a Year 7 student) urinated on the Holy Bible, tore some pages from the Holy Book and burnt them then finally spat on the Holy Book," the report says.

Link

Father Manuel Musallem, head of Gaza's Latin church, told the AP that Muslims have ransacked, burned and looted a school and convent that are part of the Gaza Strip's small Romany Catholic community.

Link

....They stopped at noon for lunch, leaving the church open. When they returned, they found the bible and other sacred texts reduced to ashes, and a handwritten letter telling them to convert to Islam if they wanted to "live in peace" and avoid hell.....

Link

Washington DC - The Saudi government burns and desecrates hundreds of bibles its security forces confiscate after raids on Christian expatriates worshiping privately or at border crossings. As a matter of official policy, the government either incinerates or dumps bibles, crosses and other Christian paraphernalia....

Link

Four men were caught Tuesday evening while burning the Bible, calendars depicting Jesus Christ and other Christian booklets, reports the Pakistan-based Daily Times.....
....A local Christian minister, Nathaniel Barkat, whose Protestant church was attacked by a group of unidentified people March 30, appealed to police Sunday to provide security to Christian residents of the area. The are still at large. Along with the burning incident, five churches have been attacked in Pakistan within two months,...

Link

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Maybe he can delete a thousand e-book versions ?

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81
Then .. its in his PRESIDENCY DUTIES to STOP TERRY JONES ASAP
he will be impeachable if he doesnt do nothing to prevent US troops getting in more harms way

There's nothing anyone can do. The preacher is well within his rights to burn it. There are no laws prohibiting him.

Just like these guys were free to burn the American Flag in their country. I don't agree with either... but there you go! Glass houses and all that...

IRM :shk:

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join