It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslims to burn US flags in protest of Koran burnings

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

oh common, that's been happening for years on tv.

"Notice how the news print is not putting radical in front of name of Pastor Terry Jones. This news media is implying only the Muslims who are burning flags are radicals and not the Terry Jones."

i noticed, maybe because he isn't and radical flag burning musims are old news?

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Originally posted by I AM LEGION
reply to post by Ben81

What I found interesting is how the MSM (i.e, jpost) is reporting this

Radical Muslim groups around the world plan to burn American flags in protest of Florida Pastor Terry Jones

Notice how the news print is not putting radical in front of name of Pastor Terry Jones. This news media is implying only the Muslims who are burning flags are radicals and not the Terry Jones.

exactly .. thats the jpost way lol ...they are good at twisting stories for their own hidin dark purpose

Second important thing to note is why are Muslims are not burning Bible? I can only ascertain that by burning flags they are blaming U.S.A.

thats the question im asking in the thread .. did they showed that they can have some deep respect and be humble while speaking to the "enemy"
the preachers religious book is the bible .. but they said american flag will be burn if the Koran is burned
they didnt want to punish all bible followers like he wants to punish all muslim

i know when i see respect terry didnt show any .. and the muslims "radical" showed at least a little respect not to burn the bible

edit on 9/9/2010 by Ben81 because: correction

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Why not burn the bible in retaliation?

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

No, it's called unnecessary antagonisation.

Both sides are as bad as each other.. both have radical fundamentalists..

It is patently obvious that Terry Jones actions are going to be insulting to the followers of Islam therefore giving the already radical militant extremists of Islam more ammunition to recruit and brainwash normal peaceful muslims.

The same way that burning a bible would give people like Terry more ammunition to subscribe people to his extremist christian views.

Without fundaMENTALISTS there would be no issues between religions.

As I said previously, who cares if they burn a flag? it's better than a terrorist retaliation.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 06:59 AM
link   
They've been burning American flags and presidential effigies ever since I can remember (Carter years). This is nothing new for them.

If the Hillbilly pastor wants to burn the Koran than so be it. The radical's will just put a bounty on his head like the the one place on the Dutch cartoonists head.

en.wikipedia.org...

Looks like we should just have a battle of extremists. Because the concept of peace and harmony is moot on both sides apparently.

Freedom of speech and expression in the United States. What more can you say?

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by 547000
Why not burn the bible in retaliation?

Because they are wiser
there is no sacrilege burning a empire flag
if they had to burn the bible like a eye for a eye revenge
they would be egual to Mister Evil Terry
and they dont want to be at his level .. they just showed it
by releasing this news

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 07:02 AM
link   
i guess they don't have a flag to burn, or uniform or anything else cept mohammmed.

well, it could have been worse. have children draw mahammed and line them up for sacrifice.

what do ya think?

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Yawn ... so what?

They burn the flag all the time. They destroy bibles and rosaries all the time. Violence from 'The Religion of Peace' is nothing new. I remember a year or two back (could have been longer) .. some politician from over in that part of the world said 'don't you dare say Islam is violent ... or there will be violence'.

Here people can have freedom of speech and there isn't a violent reaction.
Over there ... no such luck. Their true colors are showing ... again.

Whatever.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Reply to post by Truth_Hz

So then cancel his burning. Wouldn't that antagonize his extremist followers in kind giving them more reason to hate the fed and the Muslims and think their America is lost?

Either way somebody is going to be pissed off and their respective cause will just grow.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

I know ... but this is NEW you cant denied it
its the first time i see this kind of news

the Koran will be burned next saturday
and they only said the american flag will be burned .. they didnt say the bible
this is the first time that a Koran will be burned probably on TV
and the only thing they will do is burn a US flag like they did in the past

WOAH

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Right on his burning should be cancelled..

If his burning was cancelled it would not be the muslim community who had forced the cancellation it would be common sense and his followers would have to take up their agenda with their own government officials..
Don't forget that these "I love America, I hate Muslims" crowd are going to be too scared of ever taking any action on their beliefs apart from a cowardly burning of a book from the safety of their own backyard..

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by 547000

Because, you would have people like me
in your face protesting.I would never think
of burning the Quran.The muslims' look for
reasons to burn anything...The Bible,our
flag,our troops.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 07:12 AM
link   
I am sure Christ would have approved.

This idiot 'preacher' is goading, provoking to irritate and instigate a response. He knows this. His followers want confrontation. Christ instructed the opposite yet these people do as they see fit.

Think of a conflict as a hot potato. Someone does a 'wrong' against a person or group. That person/group then are hurt followed quickly by anger. The solution to this hurt/anger is to pass it on. So a retaliatory action is taken. Usually the person/people who receive this retaliatory action are not the original instigators. So then a new set of people are hurt and then angry. This then spreads until everyone is hurt and angry.

Christ understood this. This is why he preached to turn the other cheek. The 'great work' is not to pass on the hate but to take the energy and diffuse it. Let the hate cool and die.

This 'preacher' is CREATING new anger with his actions. Anyone who follows a 'preacher' is guilty of idolatry. They feed you sh*t to make you comply. The true path of Christ would be far too difficult to follow.

Before anyone starts with the freedom of speech thing... I think people should be allowed to burn flags, books or whatever they wish, as long as it is their own property that they are burning. I could not care less. The fact is that in this world we are living in there are people who are trained from birth to think in certain ways. These ways are nothing more than rules that other men have determined. These rules are determined to control. People who follow religions are easily controlled. They will even die at the command of another man. People are awakening to this scam ever faster. They no longer believe that they will burn forever if they do not do as the 'preacher' says. Live a peaceful, good life. If God burns anyone for that then I want no part of heaven.

edit on 9-9-2010 by Pentothal because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 07:13 AM
link   
This is what people do these days? Burn books and flags? How very childish.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Truth_Hz

You're forgetting he's "extremist."

If his burning were canceled he'd see it as the collapse of America. His freedoms denied. Because those dirty Muslims got to the people and the government. If anything a cancellation under government force would prove him right to his followers and cause a massive escalation in not just his brand of extremism but quite a few others ranging from anti-gov to christian nuts.

You dont seem to understand crazy with conviction. Or you're attributing different behaviors to Muslim crazy and non-Muslim crazy. As in burning the books will spark violent Muslim action. But proving Brooks right to his followers wouldn't cause anything but calm.

This is like all the Davidians sitting in their compound waiting for the end war with the government that David had prophesized then seeing ATF and National guard roll up you the next morning. whether it was the end days or not didnt matter to them. What David told them was coming true.

edit on 9-9-2010 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

I hope i can see some epic failures of people burning themselves while trying to lighten the flags, the only thing that makes these things worth to watch...

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Pentothal

and mohammed would do the same.

think Jesus and mohammed are hanging out right now and just jawin' bout this crap?

or do you think they have a bet going?

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Who cares, don't they do that anyway lol ?

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Im gonna go one step further. Im going to take a few pages out of the Koran and wipe my @ss with it that morning after i have a nice big cup of coffee!!

Scr&w the Muslims!!!!

edit on 9-9-2010 by princeofpeace because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 07:21 AM
link   

I don't think anything will stop this pastor from burning
those books.If the government tries to stop him,he will
find another way.
I am a fundamental christian and I disagree with this
pastor.By burning the Quran,he is provoking another
to sin.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>