It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Long Island Man Arrested For Defending Home With AK-47

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Long Island Man Arrested For Defending Home With AK-47

newyork.cbslocal.com

He was arrested for protecting his property and family.

But it’s how the Long Island man did it that police say crossed the line.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Its obvious who these "laws" are really for. They disarm the lawful and protect the criminals. Another score for NY. Why is that authorities are afraid of law abiding citizens defending themselves against an outside threat? Its an obvious display that the authorities cannot tolerate the public actively arming and defending themselves. Is it a mere fear of incompetence or is it that there is an ulterior motive?

newyork.cbslocal.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 07:16 AM
link   
So what are you supposed to do when a mob amasses on your front lawn?

You ask them to leave and they stay. You say you'll call the cops and they laugh at you. What are you supposed to do?

It's as if hordes of anyone can camp out on your property and you can't do anything at all about it until it's already too late to do anything about it.

Call the cops and hope they get there before it's too late I guess. Then what do the cops do? Ask the horde to leave? If they dont leave? The cops draw their guns and make arrests? Taze or spray? They can use that amount of force to get people off of your property but you cant use any force to get people off of your property?

It's this kind of crap that makes for situations like the chav's in the UK walking around completely immune to law enforcement harassing and attacking anyone they wish. Even walking onto your property and into your home to assault you without any consequence.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 07:17 AM
link   
New York does not have a Castle Doctrine Law.

31 States have some form of Castle Doctrine and/or Stand Your Ground law. Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, California, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Massachusetts, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, West Virginia and Wyoming have adopted Castle Doctrine statutes, and other states (Montana, Nebraska, New Hampshire, Pennsylvania and Washington) are currently considering "Stand Your Ground" laws of their own.

Virginia has this written into the states constitution.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Anyone notice what is not said in the "news article"?
How many "gang bangers" where there? What gang were they from? If any? How many where they? Were they armed? Did they threaten the guy? Were any of them arrested or just given medals by the reporter?
Got to love main stream media reports. Support the criminals at any cost. Be sure the American citizen gets slammed no matter if he was right or wrong.
Also how many have to threaten you before you are allowed to be scared for your family?
Only mistake the guy made was shooting the lawn and not the people attacking him.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 07:23 AM
link   
This was already posted I believe. Crazy times we live in, I am surprised no one was shot or something more didn't happen.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Its an atrocity at best. I have no idea why sane people even live in NY anymore. Its the greed capital of the nation, not to mention a police state in the works. Now this man is in jail dealing with the authorities while his family is left at home defenseless. I wonder if the Union could/should excommunicate states. NY and California would be at the top of the list im sure.

I wish MO would write the Castle Doc into its Constitution.

Yeah, I did see it posted in Political news. I didnt think to look there since i wouldnt necessarly call this "political news" but all well. Mods can delete at their will.

[edit on 8-9-2010 by AzoriaCorp]

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by VAPatriot

im surprised to see CA on that list.

hats off to Virginia though

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by AzoriaCorp
Now this man is in jail dealing with the authorities while his family is left at home defenseless.

That's great. So when these punks come back to avenge their 'street cred' or to see if they can steal any of the guys other guns the only thing they'll be able to do is call the cops and hope in the 20 or so minutes it takes the cops to arrive they arent raped, beaten or killed.

Who would they blame then? The guy for getting himself arrested? The cops for holding the man? The criminals who made the attack?

Im sure they all feel so much safer knowing the home owner who wouldnt put up with criminal crap is in jail and the punks are running free.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by AzoriaCorp

I nominate Maryland to be excommunicated also. Fascist SOB's. I hate crossing the river. I'll drive through West Virginia to get to PA to avoid Maryland.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 07:40 AM
link   

But the law says you can only use physical force to deter physical force.

That is exactly what he was doing.

Start whining when he gets convicted, such things must be investigated.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 07:41 AM
link   
he should have just shot every single one of them.

they threatened to kill his family this shouldnt even be an issue.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 07:58 AM
link   
I would like to know more about these gun shot sensors. Anyone have any info on these?

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by RelentlessLurker

they threatened to kill his family this shouldnt even be an issue.

No, he did what he did and it worked and he will be found not guilty. If he did what you suggested then he would be jailed, which would his family prefer? Most likely they would be killed in a reprisal while he is in jail. Good move son.

Have you ever killed anyone?

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Mobius1974

They implemented the "shot Spotter" system in New Haven, CT a couple of years ago. According to everyone involved, politicians, cops, feds, the manufacturer, false positives were a known issue with the system.

Like a car alarm, setting it too high would cause it to go off at any loud bang and setting it too low would cause it to miss a lot.

If you're ever in an area that has one of these just walk around banging to 2x4's together. You'll waste lots of time and money.

Here's a justice dept. report on the system: www.ncjrs.gov...

It's expensive crap that makes people feel good.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 08:05 AM
link   
The man shot the only place he possibly could do so safely - into the ground.
Give him an award for common sense. I don't think he will be convicted.

They said they have 2,000 MS13 gang members in just 1 county?!!!!
They must outnumber the police there 10 to 1.

Illegal immigrants are all nice, hardworking people. Right?

Enforce the laws, secure the borders and LEAVE PEOPLE ALONE WHO ARE DEFENDING THEMSELVES AND THEIR FAMILIES!!!!!!!!!!

Since you can't protect us we have to protect ourselves.

Everyone who thinks we should all be disarmed should be thrown in a mental institution for being suicidal.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
The man shot the only place he possibly could do so safely - into the ground.
Give him an award for common sense. I don't think he will be convicted.

They said they have 2,000 MS13 gang members in just 1 county?!!!!
They must outnumber the police there 10 to 1.

Illegal immigrants are all nice, hardworking people. Right?

Enforce the laws, secure the borders and LEAVE PEOPLE ALONE WHO ARE DEFENDING THEMSELVES AND THEIR FAMILIES!!!!!!!!!!

Since you can't protect us we have to protect ourselves.

Everyone who thinks we should all be disarmed should be thrown in a mental institution for being suicidal.

I still think its ridiculous that he's even jailed. To me thats the real crime. After his arrest are the police offering around the clock protection for his family until his trial? Highly unlikely...

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by RelentlessLurker

they threatened to kill his family this shouldn't even be an issue.

Unfortunately in a progressive society it is.

BTW, it's a semi auto variant of a ak47, not a "AK47". It's a legal semiauto no matter how the media tries to portray it. It also must have been registered because the article says he wasn't arrested for the weapon, only the discharge. Which is BS, this man and his families lives were threatened. He should have rattled off the 30 round clip, all head shots then given a medal and the key to the city.

Pathetic.

[edit on 8-9-2010 by Tyr Sog]

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I live in NY altho im in the country in Upstate and i believe this arrest to be extremely stupid on the cops part.I would let my husband do anything he needed to protect our family against gang members on our property threatening our lives regardless of the laws.The laws in NY are old and need to be revised in all parts of NY.I see no where in the news report of the members of the gang being charged with anything.They should be in jail on harassment charges and trespassing on private property.This guy is brave in my eyes and im sure he will be walking free soon enough.
www.oswego.edu...
public.leginfo.state.ny.us...

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by KrillsAngelWings
I live in NY altho im in the country in Upstate and i believe this arrest to be extremely stupid on the cops part.I would let my husband do anything he needed to protect our family against gang members on our property threatening our lives regardless of the laws.The laws in NY are old and need to be revised in all parts of NY.I see no where in the news report of the members of the gang being charged with anything.They should be in jail on harassment charges and trespassing on private property.This guy is brave in my eyes and im sure he will be walking free soon enough.
www.oswego.edu...
public.leginfo.state.ny.us...

The laws wont be revised and police wont protect the innocent because as of right now, police are more afraid of criminals than they are of law abiding citizens. However, if they keep this up, the tides will turn.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join