It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Moon Has been Acting Strange

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 04:00 AM
link   
The Normal Moon position should something like this but it wasn't for this week where i am.

Normal Moon obrit

Believe me i know i have been observing the moon for some time, go out and see the moon for yourselves if you wont don't believe me, i haven't seen the moon like this in ages.

-Edit-
Sorry for the link in the post didn't post quite right.
Later today i will post pictures of it.
The quality of my video cam may not be the best.

[edit on 31-8-2010 by Agent_USA_Supporter]

[mod edit: fixed long link skewing page view]

[edit on 31-8-2010 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 04:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

I have starred and flagged you for all that research.

And I think we can expect a big earthquake because the moon seems to be connected to quakes.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 04:07 AM
link   
In all seriousness, I haven't a clue what you are on about.
Can you be a little more specific please?
I'm not sure I follow. Do you mean it has changed position? For example the humbolt crater is normally bottom right but it is now top left?
That kind of thing?

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 04:15 AM
link   
This was how the moon looked 1 week ago, I know I took the picture myself.
What is so strange about that, can you please point out how the moon has changed within the last week?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/adfc310c3c6b.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 31-8-2010 by pazcat]

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 04:32 AM
link   
are you saying that the moon is higer on the sky or has the distent betwen earth and the moon goten bigger??

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Yeah? Well, what state is it in that you haven't seen for ages? Seriously. . .even if I go outside right now. . .I may not notice just what it is that you're wanting to convey. I did note last week that the moon seemed to rise in a different place than I'd expected, but that's because I've been so occupied with different projects over the last couple months that I didn't take time to enjoy some nice, moonlit nights.

Of course, time is fleeting, and we're soon to move into autumn, at least where I am. So, yes, it's perfectly fine that the moon rose in a different place. . .it made me realise that i am missing "it".

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 04:53 AM
link   
Well if the OP is simply talking about the moon not rising in it's normal posistion i would then have to recommend the use of a program like Stellarium to follow it's progress.
Nothing has seemed out of place all week when I have used it.
And unfortunately the clouds have rolled in so i can't snap a current shot for comparison.

Oh and the sooner that broken link is fixed the better, I hate page stretching.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 06:05 AM
link   
And if it is something about the moon getting smaller, well even though it might be the case you can't notice it. The moon is also at the most distant from the Earth as it will be all year, but that is nothing strange.
I don't know just trying to keep some bases covered, considering there is zero information to go on.

It seems zero information is good for flag gathering though

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Divine Strake

I am not in the US...

Last night i could not find the moon...The star to the left of it was there..
but no moon.
I even brought a family member outside to see...it must have been there,
just further to my right, obscured by a building...
I only mention it because of your post.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by jean59

Stars are in the same place every night. Planets and the moon change their position every night. It shouldn't be a surprise that the moon wasn't next to the star/planet that it was next to the night before.

I'd like to know what the OP is talking about though. Whether he means it is rotated in a different direction or if it's in a different spot than it's meant to be.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 06:38 AM
link   
I just don't get it at all

The OP starts a thread, makes just one post and supplies virtually no information regarding his "moon" concerns ... and already has 5 stars and 5 flags ??

WTH !!!

[edit on 31/8/10 by tauristercus]

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by tauristercus
I just don't get it at all

The OP makes a single thread supplying virtually no information regarding his "moon" concerns ... and already has 5 stars and 5 flags ??

WTH !!!

It's refreshing when some doom is posted so we all star and flag it.

Phase 1: Post DOOOOM!
Phase 2: ?????
Phase 3: Stars and Flags.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 06:59 AM
link   
It is normal for the Moon to rise at different times every night compared to the rest of the stars.

Depending on the time of the year, the Moon could rise between 20 minutes to 80 minutes later than the previous night. This is completely normal. This time of the year, the Moon in my area rose about 25 minutes later last night than it did the night before. Again, this is normal for the Moon. The full Moon last Wednesday rose at about 7:00 PM. Tonight (6 days later) it will rise at about 9:45 PM.

I don't know what the OP's specific issue is, but the Moon seems to be doing exact what it has been doing as long as humans have been keeping track.

...and what's up with the stars and flags? I suppose if the OP specifically told us something that WAS actually wrong with the Moon, he deserves stars and flags -- but as of right now, his opening post told me nothing specific.

[edit on 8/31/2010 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Maybe it's the impostor moon.
We need Jupiter to sort this out for us

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Nothing much to go on as to what to what you find different about the moon - have to take a look for myself this evening. I could swear there was a thread on this same subject last month. How do I find an old thread?

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Nothing much to go on as to what to what you find different about the moon - have to take a look for myself this evening. I could swear there was a thread on this same subject last month. How do I find an old thread?

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nventual
reply to post by jean59

Stars are in the same place every night. Planets and the moon change their position every night. It shouldn't be a surprise that the moon wasn't next to the star/planet that it was next to the night before.

Yeah, I was going to say something along those lines, without knowing exactly what star jean59 was looking at and time and direction etc.. it's hard to say where the moon was, but I can hypothosize. During the last week and especially when the photo I took was taken the bright star to the left was infact Jupiter, now Jupiter is still appearing roughly in the same area and time that it has been lately but like you mentioned the Moon does move at a quicker rate and last night if you saw Jupiter and expected to see the moon right next to it again it wouldn't be there.
Infact the moon is now rising a bit later and more Easterly than it was last week.

That could be what jean59 was seeing.
As I said before Stellarium is your friend and should be the first stop if you feel something is odd.

Still I am curious to see what the fuss is about but I am not really holding my breathe for anything special.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 07:26 AM
link   
How does the moon look to everyone in the morning? It seems to look a lot different to me in the morning than at night. Yet there is supposed to be a dark side of the moon that no one ever sees.

I know it is only a partial moon we see in the morning, but can anyone tell me there might be a slight shift sometimes because
it does look different to me in a slight way.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Starbug3MY

It shouldn't look any different than normal, maybe it's just a trick of your eyes first thing in the morning. It does slightly wobble on it's axis but it shouldn't really be noticeable.

dumbscientist.com...

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

I know where I live (Florida)that every fall around this time the moons position changes. Funny thing is my roommate mentioned it too and he isn't anywhere near into space stuff like I am. I was honestly surprised he mentioned it. This is the guy who told me to clean my telescope with windex lol Anyway.... He has lived here for 5 years and has observed the moon and sky every night. We have a great view of the sky, 6th floor (top) and nothing but sky to see
I thought it was cool that he mentioned the moons changing position at this time of year before I did. I think it's natural for the moon personally.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join