It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gulf Loop Current Stalls from BP Oil Disaster: Global Consequences if Current Fails to Reorganize

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   
I just came across this article awhile ago and was stunned.

Dr. Gianluigi Zangari, an Italian Theoretical Physicist from Italy has warned the data shows the Loop Current in the Gulf Of Mexico has stalled as of July 28.

“He further notes that the effects of this stall have also begun to spread to the Gulf Stream. This is because the Loop Current is a crucial element of the Gulf Stream itself and why it is commonly referred to as the "main engine" of the Stream.

The concern now, is whether or not natural processes can re-establish the stalled Loop Current. If not, we could begin to see global crop failures as early as 2011.”

www.sott.net...

Has anyone heard of this? Holy *snip*!

admin edit: do not circumvent our foul language censors.

[edit on 8-30-2010 by Springer]

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I guess the only way to know if this "Theoretical" physicist is correct is wait and see ,and if he is correct how can we stop it anyway?Maybe throw some more toxic chemicals in the gulf .

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by 12voltz

Yes, your right. What gets me is that this information, theoretical or not, should have been made public a month ago.

[edit on 29-8-2010 by itsallmaya]

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I think that this extremely serious and it worries me. The whole Gulf is screwed up and we don't know enough to do anything about the Loop Current, or anything else. I guess we can pray and ask the Lord to help us get back on track. I think that is the most effective thing is for us to pray.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Well, crap. All of the info looks very convincing that it is just what we feared it would be: an extinction-level event in slow motion. Now, bring on the haters and flamers to tell those of us left who care and know the truth that we should be ashamed for " fear-mongering" !!

[edit on 8/29/10 by jennybee35]

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Nothing to worry about, here's why. If this scientist is correct then all that means is that our food supply would decrease which might result in people starving to death, as a result once enough people die we'll reach food supply sustainable levels and everyone will be happy. This problem will self-correct by itself.

When I play Civilization and there's more people than food in a city, the population starves to death until it strikes the perfect balance between people and food. I usually do nothing and let the game's mechanic solve that problem for me. In short, a non issue.

[edit on 29-8-2010 by xLogic]

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by xLogic

If that is the way it's going to go, I hope you are prepared to survive any way possible:

[edit on 8/29/10 by jennybee35]

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Already posted and debunked in another thread. This happens every year toward the end of summer when the surface temperatures are high. Just use that same source and look at some archived stuff from August 08 or August 07.

This isn't related to the oil spill.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Yes, nothing to worry about, if you are the Earth. But last time I checked, we're human beings! Somehow I think you will be singing a different tune if this crisis turns real, and starts directly affecting your life.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Here is Phage's concise debunking.

Here is one of the original threads, although I think there were several that came and went.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Originally posted by Phage
Already posted and it's nonsense. The Gulf gyre is a regular occurrence.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Last year for example:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/569c6db5c5b4.gif[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4d6aed71c0c6.gif[/atsimg]

[edit on 7/17/2010 by Phage]

[edit on 29-8-2010 by getreadyalready]

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   
The only info I can find on this is on Youtube.

This a a reliable and essentially current image of the gulf loop:

argo.colorado.edu...

It was fine on Aug 1st....

This is pure fear mongering. State some facts, not off youtube or prison planet or glp, but real information. You won't find it. Because it is not true.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

I read the thread you linked to, but it doesn't say if the current has begun to move again. From what I could see, the earlier stalls only lasted 7-9 days, and the current stall is still ongoing a month later? Is there news that it has begun moving again?

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Wow - One less thing to worry about....
Thanks for pointing it out to me.

Sorry to stress out anyone else.

[edit on 30-8-2010 by itsallmaya]

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by jennybee35

Look please at the link I provided in my previous post, above your post...Thanks

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by space cadet

Thanks! I didn't see your post before. I'll quit worrying about this and find something else to worry about!

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   
I dont know about all the debunking and such, but have lived where the GulfStream does affect us. The currents are changing and the effects can be felt and experienced in our everyday lives, as for food shortages it is almost certain that has already begun.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

yes, antar, as surely as the oil bubbles up from the sand, people are already starting to starve.....

edit to add: The sarcasm you recognize comes from my loss of respect for your posts and threads, since the BP disaster began. Prior to that I was quite an Antar fan.

[edit on 29-8-2010 by space cadet]

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Is this the same as the loop current?
What ever it is, it's chugging right along
latest Surface Horizontal Current Forecast
polar.ncep.noaa.gov...

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
I dont know about all the debunking and such, but have lived where the GulfStream does affect us. The currents are changing and the effects can be felt and experienced in our everyday lives, as for food shortages it is almost certain that has already begun.

food shortages huh? i dunno where you live but over in Kansas looks like they are going to have a record breaking corn harvest this year. And Kansas is just as much effected by the gulf stream as any other state.

8-12-10--Kansas Corn Crop to Bust Records! USDA/NASS August Crop Production estimates set 2010 Kansas corn production at 629 million bushels, crushing the 2009 record harvest of 598 million bushels.

2009 corn harvest was a record as well in Kansas

KANSAS SHATTERS RECORDS WITH 2009 HARVEST The January Ag Statistics crop production report was released on Jan. 12 and pegged Kansas Corn production at 598 million bushels, smashing the record of 507 million bushels set in 2007. Yield was 155 bushels per acre, a record for Kansas, beating the previous record of 152 bu/acre set in 1996. US Corn was a record breaking 13.2 billion bushels, up 2 percent from the November 1 forecast, and 1 percent above the previous record of 13.0 billion bushels set in 2007. U.S. grain yield is also estimated at a record level for 2009, at 165.2 bushels per acre. This is up 2.3 bushels from the November forecast and 4.9 bushels above the previous record of 160.3 bushels per acre set in 2004.

source

just because the grocery store isn't keeping the shelves stocked because they won't hire enough help to keep the store stocked doesn't mean there is a food shortage or that there will be one.

And please the loop current stalls every year around this time then gets going again nothing to worry about. its going to take a lot more oil and dispersant's than what was put into the gulf to do real damage to the loop current.

[edit on 8/29/2010 by Mercenary2007]

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by space cadet
reply to post by antar

yes, antar, as surely as the oil bubbles up from the sand, people are already starting to starve.....

edit to add: The sarcasm you recognize comes from my loss of respect for your posts and threads, since the BP disaster began. Prior to that I was quite an Antar fan.

[edit on 29-8-2010 by space cadet]

agreed.

this has been debunked at least twice already. and, predictably, those who post fear-based lies on ATS to collect stars and flags scream 'shill' instead of looking at the facts.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join