It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Nobody" pulled me off the couch!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Once upon a time, I was a police officer. I was young and living with my older sister. She and her family were away on vacation in another state. I worked third shift and had fallen asleep on the couch at about 3pm. As I lay on the couch on my left side, facing the back of the couch, I felt something hit me very hard and held on to my right shoulder and right hip with a very firm grip. I immediately awoke, it was very dark by this time (10ish pm), As I could not see through the darkness, I swung my right arm around with enough speed and power to knock a man down at the same time this unseen force pulled me off the couch, yet, I swung and hit nothing. At the end of my swing, I used the momentum to spin myself over and up off the couch, feeling the dark space for any bodily presence, but nothing.. I ran to the light and flipped it on. Nothing there. Doors, windows, they were all still locked..

About a year and a half before this, two of my friends were police officers in the town I lived. They were involved in a high speed pursuit that resulted in the death of the person fleeing. That person who died, lived in that very house at the time of his death. Of course, I had no clue until all this happened. I often wondered, did he know I was friends with those officers and was it some sort of payback... who knows..

When my sister returned days later, I was waiting on her when she came through the door. I simply told her, "we need to talk" and she said, "you seen it didn't you"? Seen What? I told her. She said, what ever it is in this house that stands over my bed every night....

Have any of you had anything similar happen to you? and do ghost or what not, typically become violent and physical like that?

[edit on 26-8-2010 by caucazoid69]

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Have any of you had anything similar happen to you?

No I am glad I have not had such a spooky encounter before.

The only thing noticeable happened a few months back when my refrigerator moved almost a foot away from the wall.

I guess some people attract them more perhaps?

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by caucazoid69

Indeed, I have had "occurences", but nothing of a violent nature; but rather what seemed to be "playful".

This is a very interesting story, however. His death involved police officers, you were a police officer, and you were in "his house".

Had your sister ever noticed anything unusual? Or were you the only "target"? Does your sister still live in that house?

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

My sister said she and her husband saw this transparent, bluish light haze that was in the form of a human body that stood at the foot of her bed every single night, but never approached them. They had four little children, and this thing never made itself visible to them.

You should know, I have had many instances involving "ghosts"... I will post another thread on one that really spooks me.. I was just a kid.. I cannot, to this day, forget about it....

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   

I will be looking forward to your additional story. This is one of my favorite topics.

eta: If she still lives in the home, it might be interesting to try to get some EVP's.

[edit on 8/26/2010 by ladyinwaiting]

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   

I've never been hit or knocked around....but when laying in bed, when it's real dark, I've felt a hand slide down my back.
And once in a great while, I'll be standing or walking somewhere and feel a hand on my shoulder.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

Sorry I didn't answer your question... NO, she no longer lives in that house.. moved out shortly after..

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Thanks for your response. And I can't say that I blame her for moving!

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   
You are not the only one that got knocked off.

A couple of years ago my mother came down shortly after going up to bed.
We heard the bang. She says something pushed het out of bed.

My family experiences these things a lot. Almost all of us experienced something.

I really try not to get involved I don't like it...

Eddie Murphy said something like this about it.

White people with a ghost in the house try all sorts of stuff to make it go away.
They stay. But... When black people see a ghost they will get the F... out of the house !

I believe it was his show RAW. Go watch it is way funnier then I am.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I have had a few encounters. The first was a family member who appeared to give me a message that his wife was being mistreated. He appeared at the end of my bed and he had a bright blue haze. I also lived in a house that I know had one enitiy - maybe 2 as I could detect 2 personalities. One was mischevious - liked to turn off lights, thrown all my clothes off the hangers in the closets, unlock the door, etc. The other was a female in the kitchen - she would cause a really bad smell when I entered the room, I could feel her presence and saw her as a mist and shadow on several occasions. It seemed to me she did not want me in the room, I could feel her fury but she was never violent. I couldn't use my kitchen except to run in to the fridge and get a pop and hurry back out. I ate out for 2 years. I think it is rare for an entity to become violent, most likely takes a lot of energy for them to so but I have heard of it. If the female in my kitchen had become violent I would have moved right away.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Grey Magic

My life time friend told me this. He said to his wife, if he died and could come back in the spirit. He would move the keys for his 1955 Ford Tee-bird. He showed her where he'd put the keys. I laugh at him and told him
he could move my watch back one hour. He was killed in a car
accident in 1981.
In 2002 I stop off for a few brews after work. A snow storm hit, was to
bad to drive home. I stayed at a co-workers house. When I got up my
watch was a hour behind time. I figured the guys pulled a gag on me.
Beside it was a cheap timex.
In 2006 my $550.00 watch stop 3 different time for one hour. From
that time on, my watch has not lost more then a second. Jest saying
could be a fluke or could very well been my best friend. Letting me
know he is ok.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Yea. For years I had a shadowy thing hit me in the head every night before I went to sleep. When my wife and I started dating and she began sleeping over it began to smack her on the head as well. Only saw it one time,black shadowy thing that just melted into the wall. My son, who was a cancer patient and three years old at the time saw 3 black men(later explained as shadows)stannding by his bed. With their fingers going "like this"(creepy grabbing gestures). Then he freaked us all out.

My brother John died at 18 years old on my birthday which was also the day I married my 1st wife, my oldest son's(the former cancer patient's) mother. He says to me that "My brother John flew into the room and made them leave. He was an angel". He then described my brother in great detail.

We lived about 2 hours from my mom. And we agreed to never talk about my brother to my son, until he was much older. I didn't have any pictures of him up or in any albums because I didn't want to explain. Because he was in chemo for over a year I didn't let him spend the night anywhere. He knew nothing of John and he'd never spoken of him or seen him to my knowledge. he described him perfectly. He then elaborated by saying they'd spoken before and he watches over us. My son didn't even know what an angel was at that point.

Strange but true.

After years of paranormal investigation I've come to some conclusions about "violent entities". More often than not its a hypnagogic hallucination. But when it is legitimate, that 1 time out of a hundred the entity has ceratin qualities.

If it isn't hynagogic then the entity has a great deal of strength. It's able to manifest into a solid form and strike you. This means that the entity is going to emit a certain level of spiritual pressure which is going to affect you based on your spiritual energy.(not related to religion) IF you have little to no spirit energy yourself it can induce a paralytic state. If you have a small amount then it can feel like shockwaves. Midlevel it feels like your in the ocean and the waves just roll in. If your strong, you'll notice it's presence but little else.

Very strong being have a pressure that is simply oppressive, overpowering. Of course it's all based on the power gap. You can be very strong and a being with an imense power could have the same effect as if you had none.

But if it's real and not a hallucination and being fueled by your sister or vice versa then pay attention. If you haven't had much or any interaction with spirtual beings then this thing would make you feel quite sluggish, dizzy, disoriented and queezy. If you feel nothing but the physical contact in times which are near sleep, i'd write it off as a hallucination.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by DrJay1975

I'd like to write it off, but the fact is, I woke up because I was struck... My entire life has been filled with paranormal activity.. I do have many stories that I will share later. Thank you very much for your input, it is definitely something to consider...

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I never had anything violent happen but I did have an instance of touching. I was laying in bed on my side, reading. I was alone in the house. I suddenly felt 3 very real taps on my shoulder. I whipped around and no one was there. At this point we had been having some very odd things happening around the house which were leading us to believe someone or something else "lived" there with us.

I tried not to show fear when I was touched but I was a little freaked out. My first thought was to run away but then I realized that whatever it was had never been mean or delibertly scary. So I gathered my courage, stood my ground, and spoke out loud saying "hey, I felt that. I know you are here and I don't have a problem with that but we need a few boundaries. Please, no touching unless you are trying to get my attention in an emergency situation..." That pretty much worked. We still have on going activity and every once in a while I will feel like someone has sat down on the bed with me ( the mattress depresses and the covers move) but no physical contact.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   
A couple of the more in depth posts were interesting. I've been hit a couple times myself. The one time i argued with a "voice" and then he jabbed me in the chest. Thanks buddy - can dish it out but can't take it huh?

I've been pinned to my bed a number of times while in the "asleep" state and it hasn't been fun. They (usually dudes) press down or bear hug me and won't let me up and it's been a little freaky when they did it. Recently i finally got so fed up with them i actually yelled at them enough that they let go and backed off. It's been a couple weeks now and i sleep much better at night than i was.
The first time i ever saw someone they were that blue misty kind of apparition that was just floating through the room but that was before i was ten.

So yeah somebody somewhere is getting a midnight visitor. If it comes down to it if you lay down the law they tend to take a hint... anyhoo. My laundry is done.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by angrywhitechick

That is a very interesting story. My entire life has been filled with paranormal activity, some very similar to yours. I have been touched on numerous occasions, I have heard my name, I've seen shadow people and always feel their presence, if they're around. It all started, I believe, when my mother made a ouija board when I was a kid. The one thing I've never been successful at was obtaining EVP's.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   

I have also been unsuccessful with getting EVPs. I have tried and the only thing that was of any interest was after one question there was static that sort of raised in volume and then dropped off again. There was no other static on the recording. I have also noticed after I have tried things like EVPs or taking pictures the activity stops for a while. I debate why this is? I need to take this on faith? The ghost is media shy? I cannot explain why.

I have had some weird events happen over the years but nothing compared to the amount of activity that has happened since I moved into this place. Even my husband, who is one of those logical scientist types, admits that some of the things that happen here defy a common explanation.

I look forward to reading more of your experiences.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by angrywhitechick

As I mentioned earlier, I am an ex-police officer. One night while working third shift, my partner and I were rattling doors of businesses in an alley (making sure doors were locked), and we spotting the silhouette of a male, average height and weight, leaning up against a wall further down the alley. We called out for his attention and he turned and walked away from us, so naturally, we walked faster towards him, then he started running. Next thing I know, we're full on chasing this silhouette down an alley. We're not too far behind him. He turns up a street, heading for a clearing, as we rounded the corner, he was gone, history... we traced our path. At the distance we were behind him, there was no where else he could have run to.. As soon as he was out of our sight, he disappeared into thin air... That was crazy! we just called it in that we lost visual of the man... looked and little longer, and we never spoke about what my partner I knew we were chasing... creepy..

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
That's very interesting, I can't think of a non-supernatural explanation for that. One afternoon I went to lay down on my bed when something hit me on the head. It felt as though someone had dropped a magazine on my head. I couldn't find anything on the floor and I didn't have a shelf above me so I have never been able to explain that one. I haven't encountered anything that unusual again, though.

It's weird that the entity would have a confrontation with you but only watch your sister. Perhaps it thought you were an intruder (that fell asleep?
) Had your sister ever done any research into the history of the house? I would like to hear about your other experiences.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by MrAndy

I think he (Todd) was angry or disgruntled somehow, because I was friends with the two officers that were involved in the pursuit that ended in Todds death. He would have had no ill feelings towards my sister.

I spoke of an incident in another thread titled "Touched".. that one was creepy too...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join