It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

someone correct me on this weapon

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   
www.irandefence.net...

Post 6

is it me or are they using a *cough* israeli made Uzi?
or is this another weapon

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
NO very similar to the uzi though. i shall try to find the weapon.

on a closer look that does look like it is the uzi.
i stand corrected.

[edit on 25/8/2010 by stealthyaroura]

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
It sure looks like an IMI Uzi pistol to me.

Oh the irony.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
It could well be an Uzi, stolen or captured at some point or another (very likely not bought).

On the other hand, the Iranians have been known to build knock-off versions of foreign weapons in the past in what seems to be a "know your enemy" sort of idea. These include the IMI Galil, M16A1 (saw a very brief knock-off production thanks to the failed hostage rescue in '80), and a few others that I can't remember off the top of my head. Most don't last very long and rarely make it into circulation with their military, so they must like the design, which makes it a little more ironic, in my book.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   
it is a uzi and they did pay for it and Israel did sell them to Iran
en.wikipedia.org...

Uzi[3] Submachine gun Israel

looks like Israel sells to everyone especially if they are enemies of her biggest financier the US of A

[edit on 25-8-2010 by Danbones]

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Hey not to speak off topic, but I was compelled to look at the photos of some of the Iranian naval vessels...Im not sure if ROFL LMAO quite puts it in perspective...I mean did you get a good look at those two man bobsled"cool runnins"submarines? I mean really? For a second I thought there was an Iranian soap box derby for submarines

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
That is an Uzi. They could have easily gotten those weapons through the proper channels. I know that at one point, the Israelis and the Americans were arming Iran. With that being said, Iran's government is fully recognized, giving them access to arms dealers the world over, even if they go through middle men/countries. It does however look suspicious, though I wouldn't jump to the conclusion that Israel is arming them up to this day.

Iran has American fighter jets and French nuclear technology, though only because we were once friendly with Iran, back when we overthrew theirdemocratically elected government to install the Shah, a brutal dictator who allowed US corporations to rape the Iranian people of their natural resources, freedom and in many cases, lives.

--airspoon

[edit on 25-8-2010 by airspoon]

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
interesting thread.

check this...

www.wrmea.com...

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   
the Chinese sell clones of almost any weapon.

likely these are Chinese clones made by Norinco(Chinese army factories)
home.earthlink.net...

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
As it says on the link I posted the Uzis in Iran - country of origin Israel,
as it says about other weapons manufactured in Iran - country of origin Iran, as it says about Chinese made weapons - country of origin China.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by illusive man

Unless I can hold the weapon in my hands and read the manufacturer stamp, I will call it an Israeli Uzi.
However it is very common for some Military weapons to have multiple clone weapons like the AR-15 has I would say hundreds of companies that manufacture them.
And I must say the Uzi is a solid weapon although not my first line choice for a primary weapon but still a good gun.
Now off topic, that sure was some neat footage of those boats.
I wonder why all of the chest pounding on the Iranian militaries part.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   
definitly an Uzi, but like many posters have said it's very possible it's one of the clones.

There are many Uzi look alikes too but I also would say it's like a IMI Uzi.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I'm starting to feel sorry for them..i think they would be shocked and awed.
i mean the boats are cool and all
-like for water skis..
but they are bathtub toys, target practice.
they better have deep undergound bunkers,
because everything else is toast.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
To make this post in accordance with the ToS and all of the pomp and circumstance and such I will state that it would be logical that the Uzi's in question would not be Israeli but of Chinese Origin as Russia, China and Iran are what seems to be the allies in the next world war.
What would that make the US and our friends?
I think that is sufficient filler to keep this post on topic.

reply to post by p51mustang

Agreed, but Iran only would have to hold out for their allies to arrive.
Plus there are a number of US military that will simply not invade another country in pursuit of something they know to be a lie.
That seems to be a major reason for our combat troops being pulled and private mercenaries contractors increasing in number.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by illusive man
is it me or are they using a *cough* israeli made Uzi?
or is this another weapon

It's a gun, it is a tool to kill enemies. The guy using it is a soldier, soldiers carry guns. Why does it matter where it comes from? Have you not seen American troops using AK-47/AK-74/etc or Russians using M-16/M4/etc?

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   
i tell you what, i also looked at the rest of the pictures and for a country like Iran they have some serious looking naval boats, i wouldnt underestermate (spelling?) them if it came to a naval conflict with them

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   
the UZI has been made under license by the Belgians,Germans,and Austrailians,so there is no telling who made it,but its not new, no one has made a UZI for 20 years, they are Sub Machine Guns (a small hand held machine gun that fires pistol ammo) and have been gathering dust along with every other countries pistol caliber MG's for decades,the prevalence of body armor, has rendered them obsolete.some counties are chopping them up and sending the remains here to USA as "parts kits".On the legal international arms market these SMG's are going for 25$ and no one is buying them, its rifle caliber or nothing.the statment that a certain country is making clones of this gun or that is mosly propaganda, they want other potential buying counties to believe that they are a quality arms producer, when they really aren't.China is a prime example
.Venezuela bought 100,000 ak-47's from russia not china, what does that tell you about china??
[edit on 26-8-2010 by madokie]

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Thats why Israel wants to invade Iran... they want their Uzi's back I guess.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by DutchBigBoy

yup, that's true

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   
You have to be some kind of uncaring ignorant dummy to build a hovercraft like the one in post ten of the link by the OP.

What is immediately obvious when looking at the photos is that there are no guards or guard cages around the propellors. I wonder how many mechanics or crews have been sucked into these propellors and chewed up and spit out.

This has happened on our early hovercraft.

Even a cheap Florida air boat has a guard on the propellors.

Whats up with this stupidity?? Does someone have to go to college to get this naturally stupid???

Think about it. This has to be a government sponsored project to be this stupid.

Makes one wonder about the rest of their equipment. Think about it. It is so obvious once it is pointed out.

Orangetom

[edit on 28-8-2010 by orangetom1999]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join