It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Raelian Religion Creates 1st Human Clone?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
The wild Raelian bashing on this board kind of unsettles me. I'm no Raelian, but I don't think that their ideas are such complete crap. I thought we were supposed to approach things iwth an open mind; yes, the Raelians have lied (or stretched the truth) a few times about their successes; but their philosophical ideas are pretty cool and interesting.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
From the previous link
www.watchman.org...

"Sensual Meditation?" "Cosmic Orgasm?" Those Raelians can't be all bad!

GIGGITY!

[edit on 25-8-2010 by blamethegreys]

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
A couple of things about that report on little Eve, whom they claimed was the first human clone.

1) That was the first and only time that I've ever noticed all major religions coming together and actually agreeing about one thing, that human cloning should not be allowed.

2) Neither side, neither the Raelians nor the scientists, was ever able to prove whether the claims were true, or even false.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Solasis

I think Claude Vorilhon is pretty comical in his spacesuit uniform

Anyhow, do you mind helping me with what you call " interesting and cool " philosophy?

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Solasis

The wild Raelian bashing on this board kind of unsettles me. I'm no Raelian, but I don't think that their ideas are such complete crap.

If you don't find their 'ideas' such complete crap, what about throwing a hoax such as cloning a baby out there that affects policy and funding for medical exploration in that area and others as well - such as stem cell research..?

Their 15 minutes of infamy may have set those areas back 15 years...that is indeed worthy of some bashing, despite anyone's fondness for cosmic orgasms.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
i just want to throw in the fact that no one talks to aliens or any of that nonsense. people do little things called "lying" and "being insane" and they don't have what we would call "social lives" or "people skills" so they tell stories to gullible suckers who believe it for attention.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Elohim they say?
Interesting.
Good to know, now we have someone to blame for killing humanity and "Playing Universe" by not letting life on Earth naturally evolve. I say if this idiot alien race lands, we should let them have it (verbally) and make them feel bad for leaving us, introducing a species that planet Earth herself did not birth or create, and they should also pay up with all of their so called "knowledge and superior technology" essentially destroying the planet and helping to cause the mass extinctions of species.

I wouldn't be surprised if these Elohim aren't the same people as the Niburians. They wanted us to call them God they wanted us to obey. Why are we here? Did we ask to be here? If they cared, then why are they waiting so long to show themselves to us? What is the hold up?

This is making me mad, because these type of aliens give HUMANE extraterrestrials a bad name. I'm going to channel The Pleiades now, because I'm tired of putting up with Yahwehs crap

Good thread OP

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I think it may have been early than 2002. I read about the "EVE" project in Wired along time ago..maybe in the late 90's. I mean really you have to have your head in the sand if you don't believe they have human clones out there.

I can 100% confirm I have heard about this.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by facelift

You have started no threads, yet I see you in everybody elses thread telling them they have fragile psyches, and are unintelligent and blaziblaziblah...Give it a rest buddy

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ATLien

You have started no threads

For your information you bully, I am in the midst of creating my first thread - I'm a little slow, so it's taking some time to put together the vowels and consonants...geeeez.

yet I see you in everybody elses thread telling them they have fragile psyches, and are unintelligent and blaziblaziblah

No...not even a fair generalization - I call out those who have it coming, you can see it anyway you want. And since this whole place is a subjective platform, we don't need to agree.

BTW - nice to see that I'm living in your head and not paying rent...

Give it a rest buddy

Star for you!

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Negative personality and your name is Facelift?

Ooohh..I get it now..it's okay, I understand...It's not your fault
You hear me? It Is Not Your Fault

[edit on 26-8-2010 by ATLien]

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by ATLien

Negative personality and your name is Facelift?

Ooohh..I get it now..it's okay, I understand...It's not your fault
You hear me? It Is Not Your Fault

[edit on 26-8-2010 by ATLien]

He probably hasn't created a thread because he likes to think things out before he makes one.
Perhaps you should have done the same.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Actually this was all over the news back when it was going on, real prime-time stuff too.

I did a lot of stories about religious issues back when I was in journalism school, and the Raelians have a lot of friends in the University Of Wisconsin-system. There was a professor at UW-Milwaukee that was actually in great with them and through him I actually got to meet several of the major personalities in the religion, sadly though I didn't meet Rael.

They were actually some of the nicest people I've ever met, and were incredibly candid in discussing their religion. Most of their ideas were quite rational and when put into the context of other religions, really the only major difference I saw in their belief over others is their contention that technology will be the savior of mankind.

I would say the Raelians are progressive technocrats first and alien worshipers second. At their core they are atheists, not believing in a god per-say and believing that death is the end. As such they seek life-extension and physical immortality through technological means.

The belief aspect is that humans are a genetic "child" so to speak of an alien species that seeded Earth with life billions of years ago. Our progress, they believe is being monitored by this species and when we reach a predetermined level of advancement we will be contacted and given a host of new technologies which will advance us ages beyond what we currently have.

Personally I have no problem with them whatsoever, they are a peaceful religion and I wish them the best, as I do all other religions. I am quite doubtful to their claims of cloning a human, as there are massive issues that would have to be overcome scientifically before such would be possible, but hey, what religion doesn't do a PR stunt every now and then?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join