It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If a vastly superior Alien Race finally made

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 02:30 AM
link   
global contact with the people of Earth, and went before the United Nations with the following proposal...

We the [[INSERT ALIEN RACE HERE]]] are honored to make contact with the people of the Earth. Our intentions are to inform your species that Life is present throughout the Multiverse. We come in peace and we shall leave in peace shortly after this introduction. However, as a show of Galactic solidarity, we the [[[INSERT ALIEN RACE HERE]]] offer the people of Earth a gift in the form of a single choice...

1. An immediate and lasting end to all global war and hostilities...World Peace if you will. Isrealis working side be side with Palestinians, North and South Koreans sharing kimchi, Army Rangers and Taliban warriors singing karaoke.

or do you prefer...

2. A single technological advancement that will put your species on the path to widespeard cosmic exploration so that you may one day join other species in charting the never ending reaches of the Multiverse.

what about...

3. A virtual dossier containing total video history of our planet i.e. you can fast forward and rewind through a video and witness any moment at any place in our planet's history. Providing answers to every unsolved problem, question, and mystery.

I ask you ATS...you are given the responsibility of representing the Human Race and the Planet Earth...you are on the clock...MAKE YOUR CHOICE.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by vimanarider

Dear vimanarider

It has to be number 2.

1 would be nice but to achieve this goal they would have to kill us all off.

3 we will figure most of it out in the end anyway

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Great question. There should be more of these, even if they're "make-believe." I'll choose #3. I've gotta have my mate before I go exploring any other planets.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 03:01 AM
link   
I choose door number three, forget space travel, too far between supermarkets. People will always find something to squabble about, they would even want to rearrange Heaven. That space-time travelogue is just the ticket for me, the sights and sounds of billions of years all from the comfort of my home.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Hold on, is there any trick to this question? Like if I choose the most selfish choice(3), then I'll get none, whereas if I choose the most selfless one(1), I'll get all three?

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by np6888

Nope...no hidden catches. Just trying to spark some thought and dialogue on what people here think would be our best course of action for the betterment of humanity.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 03:08 AM
link   

But what would you if you WERE the creator, if you just saw my answer? Do you grant my wish, or give me more "bad karma" to work off?

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by np6888

I don't think any answer is the wrong answer. All three choices have merit and all three have current and long term benefits for humanity.

If I had to choose, I would likely take the technology to make us spacefaring. I figure we get out there and mingle a little bit meeting other races...which could have a unifying effect on all the people of Earth, leading to a putting aside of cultural, religious, and political differences.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Definately no 2 - space exploration, as it would benefit everyone. (edit space explorer vacancies open!! here i come!!)

No 1 - After the taliban and rangers sing Karaoke, they probably will start killing each other again in a year or so, or new wars will emerge, as it is human nature as has been proven time and again over the history of mankind (aka humanity is not ready for gift no 1 yet)

No 3 - Probably TPTB would find a way to keep this info for themselves and only give out selected pieces

[edit on 24-8-2010 by nagabonar]

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 03:56 AM
link   
i will definitely take curtain number 3

why? because by solving the all teh problems, mystery we can unlock the secrets to space travel, end all wars.. eventually they will start shooting at each other again nonetheless

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 04:01 AM
link   
[color=414141]Subliminal Manipulation today. Can you see it?
if they exist, i think it is fair to say they know we exist. or, they will. we are transmitting in all directions that we are here.

but, the facts are my ears only here a small fraction of the sound.
my eyes only see a small fraction of the spectrum.
my planet has only existed 1/9000th the alleged age of the universe.
my species has only existed a small fraction of the age of my planet.
i have only existed a small fraction of the time my species has existed.

so, my ignorance (not knowing) is probably the biggest piece of this puzzle, considering my senses alone are not going to provide me with the absolute proof i require, if i require absolute undeniable proof to begin with.

maybe they are the one's who even gave the Koreans' kimchi.
i'm not too fond of kimchi. if i remember correctly it tasted like a cross between chewing tobacco and tree bark.

vimanarider,
all three options are already available me thinks. 2 exists, but it may be difficult to see, and i think species and individuals learn at their own pace.
option three? i also think this exists encrypted and encoded into our words and our languages.

interesting topic for a thread, S&F,
et
[color=414141]Subliminal Manipulation today. Can you see it?

[edit on 24-8-2010 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 04:10 AM
link   
We the dolphins accept contact with you the alien super beings, and we will be teaching you whatever advanced philosophy you wish to know....
Thanks for removing those parasitical DNA mutations known collectively as "man" with your stink ray before they totally destroyed the planet we live on.
We will now grant you three wishes.

[edit on 24-8-2010 by Danbones]

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 04:26 AM
link   
*Ahem*

Option number D: Hardliner militarists in control of nuclear arsenal - and trained to handle scenarios such as this via game theory - issue secret transmission to aliens telling them that any attempt at such nonsense will be treated as an act of war and will be responded to with force.

Excerpt from secret transmission:

" ...However, if you feel you absolutely must give us technology or data the United states military would be willing to facilitate such an exchange and we will make sure that it gets to the right people with a minimal loss of life and affect to world stability..."

...Hardliners then wheel out someone to blame the horrible prank on. But since this person is quite wealthy and nothing is done. And so it goes.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 04:32 AM
link   

World peace every time.

Without it, number 2 would be a bad idea and number 3 would make you wish you'd chosen number 1.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

Haha, so true.

Also, what would be required to bring about worldpeace? Surely force would be needed...

The aliens would also require a cure for sociopaths and sadists or something, a cure that would have to be forced on the people - unless the aliens plan on just killing all the baddies.

[edit on 24-8-2010 by Exuberant1]

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

Removed a miserable, cynical post

[edit on 24-8-2010 by Kandinsky]

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky

Removed a miserable, cynical post

[edit on 24-8-2010 by Kandinsky]

I saw it already.

Put it back, it was good and accurate too.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 05:41 AM
link   

lol some members are just kids. They don't need that kind of depressing message with their cornflakes

Let them have the same optimism we used to have. I still have that optimism, but I've hidden it somewhere where life can't hurt it anymore!

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Option 1 , would involve global frontal labotomies ...

... at which point option 2 and 3 ,

would be forgotten .... say whaaaat ??????

Option 2 would be good , then you might ALL go and leave me here in peace !

Option 3 would be depressing , realising that history seems to repeat itself , over and over ......

.... so I guess it's option 2 for me

[edit on 24-8-2010 by radarloveguy]

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Best choice is 3!

know why?..

1. they might mean..killing the whole race or enslaving us or something like that..

for 2. only a technological advancement...we could figure this one out in 3

3. the perfect choice..but might take a long time to watch....
we will learn every answer..like those from 1 and 2..

top topics

<<   2 >>

join