It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran Unveils Domestically-Built Drone

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by neformore
It would be nice, if, just once the technical accomplishments of another country outside of western influence was lauded on ATS, instead of being met with sarcastic derision fuelled by unoriginal thinking bought about by media programming

Don't you think?

I second that motion. Does the motion carry? All in favor? AYE!!!

The problem as defined in some minds is very black and white thinking: "you're either with us, or your with the terrorists!" sounds kind of like a gang turf war.... ya think?

They (Iran) are doing nothing that you or I would not be doing in terms of planning an active defense against marauding corporate pirates who are at the door and off the coast in a menacing kind of posture. I think Iran has already seen plenty of examples of what the US is best at exporting....and they ain't havin' any of it.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by proteus33

the flying boat is a cool idea... cost effective and mobile/ agile.... how much radar sig would it have.

be willing to play soccer on a soccer field... when you go to other parts of the world it would be good to keep in mind that futbol (football) may or may not be the game you're used to playing...

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Retseh
I'll ask again though, do YOU think we should allow Iran unfettered access to nuclear materials?

I don't think anyone has any authority or moral obligation to tell Iran what it can and cannot do, especially when it is clear that Iran is prospecting green energy to replace its heavy reliance on coal and other dirty energy production.

And you know what? It is at the point where Iran will probably make a nuclear weapon to protect itself from the obviously hostile forces surrounding its borders and crying for war. Is this suspicious to me? Nope, considering Israel has at least a hundred nuclear weapons and closed off nuclear programs, oh and the fact that Israel occasionally invades its neighbors and massacres insane amounts of civilians for no reason other than aggression.

So you tell me, why should Iran, a country whose last major conflict was with Iraq in the late 80s (btw Iraq was US's friend then), be defanged when a country like Israel, US's current friend and HAS nuclear weapons, is allowed to run rampant through the Middle East?

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by AntiShyster
reply to post by proteus33

the flying boat is a cool idea... cost effective and mobile/ agile.... how much radar sig would it have.

Iran already has them:
VIDEO 2006 Test

They're domestically made in Iran too, based off of Russian amphibious airplane designs (they've been developing them since WWI). This prototype carries 2 TV-guided anti-ship missiles and is radar-resistant to naval and air forces because of its design and ability to fly right above the water line.

Basically, these are an example of Iran's advanced anti-carrier weaponry that is usually ignored because it is made in Iran and therefore automatically inferior to the invincible American military machine

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

I am very happy to see that you have come to your senses comrade!

Please note that our reaper drone will blow 30 of those out of the sky and the Iranian black and white tv they use to guide will fail once the Iranian pirated direct tv signal is turned off!

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArcAngel

I am very happy to see that you have come to your senses comrade!

Please note that our reaper drone will blow 30 of those out of the sky and the Iranian black and white tv they use to guide will fail once the Iranian pirated direct tv signal is turned off!

I didn't know the American Reaper drone even had air-to-air capability, or any drone for that matter

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   

No problem comrade as Russia had never developed an advanced air to air missile such as the sparrow, common Russian mistake as evidenced by all of the mig that have been shot down.

I forgive you.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   

No problem comrade as Russia had never developed an advanced air to air missile such as the sparrow, common Russian mistake as evidenced by all of the mig that have been shot down.

I forgive you.

No problem. Here's a video of a Russian MiG-29 shooting down a Georgian UAV in a very easy manner.

MiG-29 vs Georgian UAV

I assume the UAV is American made, evidenced by the words "MASTER CAUTION" that appear in the static after it has been shot down.

By the way, I'm not Russian in the least but thanks for playing anyways

EDIT: Oh, and I've heard of the Sparrow but I don't know it well so obviously it probably isn't even close to the PAC-3, which in itself isn't even half as effective as the S-400 and next generation S-500 SAM. In case you haven't noticed, Russia is decades ahead of the US in both tactical and ballistic missile development.

[edit on 25-8-2010 by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi]

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   

I stand corrected.

Obviously you research your response thoroughly. I commend you for that.

To be honest, I was sparring comedically with you and can see that probably wasn't the best tactic.

Thank you for sharing your knowledge. I mean that.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   

I stand corrected.

Obviously you research your response thoroughly. I commend you for that.

To be honest, I was sparring comedically with you and can see that probably wasn't the best tactic.

Thank you for sharing your knowledge. I mean that.

Conflict is the only thing that gets humanity anywhere these days. Don't be afraid to fight me... it's not like I can 'die' anyways and at least you'll be better experienced from it

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   

It would be nice, if, just once the technical accomplishments of another country outside of western influence was lauded on ATS, instead of being met with sarcastic derision fuelled by unoriginal thinking bought about by media programming

Don't you think?

In the wisdom of Sun-Tzu, never underestimate your enemy, especially if he appears weaker than you

It's not just about the unmanned bomber that has been created, but also how it could be used.

Why jeopardise tens or hundreds of millions on a airplane and highly skilled pilots by putting them directly in harms way, when you can have all your pilots safely on the ground and remotely linked into the controls of these unmanned-bombers.

A very neat idea in a tactical sense, a 'disposable airforce' that costs far less per unit to build that a traditional aircraft, and if shot down during it's bomb-run, simply launch another and patch the pilot back into the controls.

...just a thought

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   
We have already lauded Iran a few years ago when they unveiled the cure for AIDS. Its not like their technological feats go un-noticed. IM TALKING THE CURE FOR AIDS FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!!!!!

www.foxnews.com...

Originally posted by AntiShyster

Don't you think?

I second that motion. Does the motion carry? All in favor? AYE!!!

The problem as defined in some minds is very black and white thinking: "you're either with us, or your with the terrorists!" sounds kind of like a gang turf war.... ya think?

They (Iran) are doing nothing that you or I would not be doing in terms of planning an active defense against marauding corporate pirates who are at the door and off the coast in a menacing kind of posture. I think Iran has already seen plenty of examples of what the US is best at exporting....and they ain't havin' any of it.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   
200 kilograms is 440 pounds.

We use bigger bombs to blow up mud-brick houses that might harbor a Taliban leader. And when we do that, we usually use a guided bomb like a JDAM.

I asked before, 'Does anyone know if the Iranians possess a JDAM equivalent?'.

If they don't have guided munitions to drop or fire from their fabulous new drone, they would be better off using a piloted plane.

I am certainly no expert, but that just looks like a 'dumb' iron bomb that is slung under that drone.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

I don't think anyone has any authority or moral obligation to tell Iran what it can and cannot do, especially when it is clear that Iran is prospecting green energy to replace its heavy reliance on coal and other dirty energy production.

And you know what? It is at the point where Iran will probably make a nuclear weapon to protect itself from the obviously hostile forces surrounding its borders and crying for war. Is this suspicious to me? Nope, considering Israel has at least a hundred nuclear weapons and closed off nuclear programs, oh and the fact that Israel occasionally invades its neighbors and massacres insane amounts of civilians for no reason other than aggression.

So you tell me, why should Iran, a country whose last major conflict was with Iraq in the late 80s (btw Iraq was US's friend then), be defanged when a country like Israel, US's current friend and HAS nuclear weapons, is allowed to run rampant through the Middle East?

You are wrong, both factually and morally. We ALL have a moral obligation to act when the behavior of other nations crosses certain boundaries - no country is excused from that responsibility.

Secondly Iran does not have hostile forces "surrounding its borders and crying for war" any more than Libya did in the 1980s. It has a concerned Europe, an impotent United States, and a terrified Israel to deal with - pretty much everyone else could either care less or is in their corner. So spare me the boogeyman stories.

Thirdly, Iran has not only been involved in "just one war", they were a constant menace in the 1980s when they were caught releasing mines into the Persian Gulf, and are known supporters of Islamic terrorist organizations such as Hamas, who wage war on the west as an Iranian proxy.

You take the usual tack of trying to make this about Israel, as if poor Israeli behavior somehow justifies anything that Iran chooses to do, again incorrect, because it doesn't. Unlike you I am able to criticize both entities, I wish Israel didn't have the bomb, allowing them to do so was a mistake in a region that was previously nuclear free, and it was inevitably going to lead to an arms race with the Iraqis and then the Syrians and now the Iranians attempting to develop a nuclear program of their own.

So therefore I am left with your final error, the belief that Iran somehow deserves to have a nuclear program, that it's a good idea, that no harm will result. Is your hatred of Israel so deeply entrenched that you have lost all grasp of reason? Nuclear proliferation should be resisted in EVERY country, if Sweden were to develop a program I would be against it, somehow suggesting that an unstable and radical regime which makes its 5 year olds chant "Death To America !!" before allowing them into school on their first day, and which has commited open acts of aggression for decades, puts them at the very top of any "do not arm" list that any rational mind could prepare.

You're simply too biased to see reason in this issue, your incessant invective against Israel proves it, cooler heads must prevail, because any individual who believes that Iran should be allowed to progress its nuclear program without restriction, is deluded.

[edit on 26-8-2010 by Retseh]

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
If this is "drone", and not a cruise missile, it needs a chassis to land upon completion of its mission.

When I look at the picture, I just don't see where the chassis can be possibly housed.

Any comments?

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Soon the skies will be filled with 400lb bombs just waiting to malfunction and kill the innocent. Iran has shown great tact in the past but this move is a stupid one. Just say no to drones. Use pilots.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem
If this is "drone", and not a cruise missile, it needs a chassis to land upon completion of its mission.

When I look at the picture, I just don't see where the chassis can be possibly housed.

Any comments?

Lands in a net most likely with Pneumatic launch off an upward sloped rail. Some are suggesting this could carry 200 to 500 pounds and there is no way for it to carry that much. It is below 200 pounds with the whole weapons system maybe weighting 300 pounds.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I wish Wackmadinajihad would do something really really stupid, so we can carpet bomb his arse.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mobius1974
I wish Wackmadinajihad would do something really really stupid, so we can carpet bomb his arse.

Carpet bombing of Iran would destroy millions of lives including women and children, while Ahmadinejad would be sipping tea in his posh bunker -- and so I find your statement to be asinine in the 10th degree.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero

Originally posted by buddhasystem

Any comments?

Lands in a net most likely with Pneumatic launch off an upward sloped rail. Some are suggesting this could carry 200 to 500 pounds and there is no way for it to carry that much. It is below 200 pounds with the whole weapons system maybe weighting 300 pounds.
One of the articles that I read stated that the drone is recovered through the use of a parachute.

Link:

From this site:

To enable aerial carriage, the dorsal fairing behind the air duct has been strengthened, providing attachments for aerial pylons, with ample space for avionics and support systems,while also accommodating the recovery parachute.

Also very interesting, I think....

The design of the Karrar traces back to the BQM-126A target drone, developed by the U.S. company Beechcraft in the 1970s. Like the Iranian unmanned plane, the BQM-126 was powered by an expendable turbojet engine, developing thrust around 4 kN. (Iran's Tolloue 5 turbojet engine, rated at 4.4kN is in production powering some of the country's long range anti-ship missile program.)

So the Iranian Karrar, according to this site, traces its roots to one of our TARGET drones.

I agree with Xtrozero on the point that the Karrar will not carry the payload they are saying it will, especially if one includes the weight that a parachute recovery system would add to the aircraft.

[edit on 26-8-2010 by butcherguy]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join