It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Attention: There Is Already a Mosque Near the WTC Site

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by David9176

Just how is 2 Blocks away Ground Zero, and why is 2 Blocks away
regarded as "Hallow Ground". At Ground Zero, two blocks away,
everything is still standing as it was, so how can that possibly be
"Ground Zero"

Crikey, may as well say all of New York is Ground Zero then.
And if that's the case, then at what point does it become
Not Ground Zero?, there has to be line somewhere.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 02:14 AM
link   
One plus one is two.Put the worlds largest mosque in NYC and dare the taliban to use a dirty nuke on the city.Get it,the terrorists are extremists not regular muslims,you really want to take them down then you need to find a way to get the muslim world to take them down for you,what better way than to bait them.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

This week Russ Dizdar is doing his show on Islam, and Allah the moon god at Shatter the darkness. it is an eye opener.

www.shatterthedarkness.net...

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Here's an interesting article that applies to the discussion.

It deals with the effectiveness of presenting factual arguments to counter issues similar to anti-Mosque bias.

Exposed to Facts, the Misinformed Believe Lies More Strongly

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 03:18 AM
link   

So it begs the question, WHY WOULD THEY NEED TWO SO CLOSE BYE?
excuse if question already posed, didnt read any posts.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Hey Moozi, what about charlie manson, he didnt murder anyone
yet will never see the light of day, poor old charlie.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies
I live in a town of less than 100,000 and we have at least two Mosques, a Synagogue, a Jehovah's Witness Kingdom Hall, a Buhdist Temple, a Hindi temple, a Sikh temple, about two dozen Christian Churches, a Mormon Temple, a New Age Church, and who knows what else, and they all coexist in peace and harmony without protests and riots in the streets and without preaching hatred towards one another.. Now that's what I call religious tolerance, but I guess that's the difference between Canada and the United States.

OR it simply highlights the difference between islam and almost every other religion TODAY - not 1000 years ago, not in another country.

Some people just have it stuck in their head that there is a nefarious intent behind pointing out the inadequacies within islam - Yes, WITHIN. As soon as someone says "Hang on, that's not right" out come the tolerists to poke holes in the air and decry all and sundry as ignorant racists blinded by bigotry and hate led willingly by the main stream media to oppress a minority.

Perhaps, given the overall size of the islamic world, and the number of people who use their religion to perpetrate acts of brutality, one things simply begets another. Impossible you say. I must be a racist you say.

Yet wouldnt a racist and intolerant bigot, by definition, find outrage against all of the other religions you mentioned above?

No one is claiming there are too many buddhist temples or mormon temples or even synagogues for that matter, strewn around the place. Is it because the world perceives islam as different based on the actions of localised communities in which they live?

No, it's because we're all sheep who simply follow what the msm feeds us, no two ways about it.

As someone pointed out many pages ago, the muslims who emigrate to western lands do so largely to escape the zealousness of the people in power from where they came. And do you think it is just the little handful of 9 or 10 extremists that cause these people to move?

People claim they go to a mosque and don't hear any ill intent. Well blow me over - I'd have thought it would be screamed from the roof tops, you know, so that no one catches on....

It is one thing to be a blind bigot, but another entirely to have seen what can occur when enclaves of sections of your own communities are overrun by people who openly and happily espouse hate and racism simply because they have numbers within those communities and due to the tolerant nature of people who scream bigot and racist at anyone who say ENOUGH, are free to do so for weeks on end.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 04:56 AM
link   
Keith Olbermann had a pretty wonderful 'Special Commentary' on the community center, it's on youtube.

But he's one of those MSM commies.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 04:58 AM
link   

There is an article on Truthout.org at the moment that has some major insight on this issue and a perspective I happen to agree with ..here is the link and below it is a snippet that I think might serve as a wake up call to people that are buying into the hate spin and social phobia hyperbole.

Link:

www.truth-out.org...

Snipet:

"Why did we go into Iraq, again? I don't mean the real reasons or the naked vengeful blindness that enabled the forging of a non-existant connection between Iraq and 9/11. I mean, the official explanation. To free the world — and especially Iraq's citizens — of the tyranny of Saddam Hussein. That's its supporters' defense of the invasion, to this day. Well, who lives in Iraq? Muslims.

I hate to reveal this to anybody on the Right who didn't know this, but when they say Iraq is 65% Shia and 32% Suni you do know that Shia and Suni are both forms of the Muslim religion, right?

We sacrificed 4,415 of our military personnel in Iraq to save Muslims, and there are thousands still there tonight to protect Muslims, but we don't want Muslims to open a combination culinary school and prayer space in Manhattan?"

Rosha

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 05:09 AM
link   
reply to post by badw0lf

You need to wake up to yourself Badwolf, the sheeple think the
moderate muslim is peace loving and no threat. That may be the
case for some in a minority, but change the numbers so that they
are even and you will see a change of heart, cause deep down
they all desire the same thing, sharia law. If you dont beleive
that simple point more fool you. It is the MSM that would like
to keep us in the dark on this one, they refuse to put the spotlight
on the hatred being spewed in mosques in Australia as well as the
US.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 05:11 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Young children are very susceptible to suggestions. They do not have the ability to make a correct moral judgement. This is how the fundamental Moslems are using to make suicide bombers. Right or wrong for them means, most of the time, right for the provider of the shelter and food. People are not very far from animals in that respect, if you keep giving them food and water when the subject makes the choice and do the action you want, you can make them do whatever you want. When this was done in the name of Islam, the final result is obvious... you just made a suicide bomber.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by misinformational
reply to post by SourGrapes

But no biggie if a church is built on the same block as Oklahoma City Bombing? What about a Catholic church in N. Ireland, or a Protestant one in Ireland?

Wait - even better - what about a Christian church in Hiroshima or Nagasaki?

Or what about all the "Ground Zeros" the US put all over Iraq?

I don't really understand the Oklahoma argument though. I have heard this a few times. McVeigh flipped flop on his religious beliefs I thought. And his actions were based on hatred for government not warped religious views.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Rosha

Rosha, you got it all wrong. I don't even know where to start to correct you. To protect the Muslims in Iraq from the tyranny of Sadam?

They had Christians in Iraq when Sadam was in power. Not anymore. The Christians have fled the country after the US invasion of Iraq.

What are you talking about?

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by lestweforget

So it begs the question, WHY WOULD THEY NEED TWO SO CLOSE BYE?
excuse if question already posed, didnt read any posts.

Why are so many Christian churches close together?

Believe it or not, not all Muslims belong to the same sect.

The Burlington Coat Factory location is being organized by Sufis. They are a more spiritual sect of Islam that has had problems being accepted by Sunnis and Shi'a.

Even so, this isn't an issue of a mosque being located within 2 blocks of another mosque. It's more like a church with a YMCA 2 blocks away. YMCAs include chapels; this Islamic community center will include a prayer area.

THIS IS A COMMUNITY CENTER, NOT A MOSQUE.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   
See the proposed site really is more like the 4=5 blocks I originally said from knowledge of the area. However, we "settled" or "compromised' on the 2 blocks to "appease" the shrieking harpy.

As Olbermann notes, this building isn't even going to show. Quite unlike the shrieking harpies skewed view of thing where the community center is taller than WTC1 and WTC2. Oh, and Warren Street is where my gramma lived when she emigrated to this country.

Anyway, everyone should probably watch this. If only for another perspective.

There is No 'Ground Zero Mosque'

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 08:40 AM
link   
If this thing is not a Mosque and it is not being built in line sight of Ground Zero, why is it called a 'Ground Zero Mosque'?

[edit on 18-8-2010 by Section31]

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Section31
If this thing is not a Mosque and not built in line sight of Ground Zero, why is it called a 'Ground Zero Mosque'?

Propaganda for the cause.

That's why.

It's emotional. It sways people. The power of a good campaign slogan, eh? Yes we can.

Why the first thing anyone first hearing about this wouldn't do is investigate if it is indeed a mosque or is indeed at ground zero is beyond me.

[edit on 8/18/2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Even though I think Keith Olbermann is a complete idiot, I have to agree with some of his assessment on this issue. What a bloody mess.

What is rather interesting is that almost every city has a China town, and China is a communist nation that seeks absolute power.

I don't know. My Libertarian instincts are saying we are being duped by both Democrats and Republicans on all issues, and in order to get to the truth we need a third party.

What the @#$!%!

[edit on 18-8-2010 by Section31]

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by lestweforget

I graduated high school in a small town. My graduating class had less than 30 people in it. There were 6 Christian churches within a 2 block radius of each other. Why did we need all of those churches?

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Americans have been slowly "brainwashed "for a lack of a better term into hating Muslims. I think most of us know who commited the horible 9/11 attacks.... and it wernt Muslims.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join