It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Object on outer edge of Hale Crater, Mars - HiRise pics

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Hi All,

I found this object on the edge of Hale crater and wanted some feedback from fellow members.

Enjoy

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/949d03caec97.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/889f0d3a14f2.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8b57b67ae2fa.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/dce6327395cc.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/cebf3eac14ad.jpg[/atsimg]

I'm unsure as to exactly what it is, but to me it does not look natural, it could possibly be the remains of something alot older.

For anyone that spends anytime at all studying Mars Hires pictures, take a close look at Hale crater with the aid of MRO pictures eg, MOC, Hirise, CTX etc.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Havick007

Hey there Havick007,

I have no idea what it is in the picture ... but I do agree that it doesn't look like a natural formation.

I shall wait to see what suggestions come forward ... could be interesting.

Woody

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Could you please provide a link to the hi-resolution original ?

Thanks.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by tauristercus

hmm yep no probs just gotta dig it up, i took a break from all this and got fustrated and deleted the mojority of my media etc. Although i have a renewed sense of enthusiasm
- gimme about half hour and ill track it down, it is on the eastern edge of Hale, toward the bottom, i do remember that, but ill find it and post the link

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 06:05 AM
link   
nice find!

but we have to try to get in closer.

i realize that is very hard to do without the comp messing thing up.

where exactly is this on hale?

east, west? did you rotate the pic?

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 06:08 AM
link   
It looks like a downed spaceship which has had its back-end torn off and left behind...

Pay attention further to the left, you see a very similar type of rock protruding from the surface as well. If it were just the middle and right objects in question, it would be more inviting to the imagination, but its clearly natural rock because the piece on the left doesn't fit the spaceship hypothesis, unless of course it split into 3 pieces upon impact.

Jokes aside, I think its rock.

[edit on 16/8/2010 by serbsta]

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Havick007

I'm unsure as to exactly what it is, but to me it does not look natural

Why does it not look natural? Can you please outline your criteria for what is natural and what is not, and how the 'object' in the pictures you have provided meets said criteria.

I need to understand (as will others) the logical thought process undertaken to reach such an assumption. If you don't mind giving me a rationale, it would be easier if you made your thought processes more transparent.

Cheers,
IRM

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 06:13 AM
link   

hirise.lpl.arizona.edu...

hirise.lpl.arizona.edu...

It's in there, you just gotta look through image, it is towards the lower center though. There are a range of options, Greyscale, IRB colour etc, ill post a placemanrk for Google Earth:

Sorry, co-ords: Lat 36° 7'59.05"S Long: 35° 4'25.96"W

Ejoy and happy hunting, as i said Hale has some great features, somethings i am not 100% about but still are worth further investigation. The MOC images are great for viewing the area all around Hale.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by serbsta

My first thought exactly, lol something out of battlestar Galactica

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by fooks

I just posted the Co-ords and raw's, you will have to view the raw jpegs from the page,
Picasa is good for viewing or Nasaview.

The co-ors will take to the approx where the Hirise pics are, there are also MOC images of the same area, of the Hirise there are 2 seperate dates about 6 months or so apart and they are fairly similar with some minor differences including light angles etc

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Hi, this reminds me of something i saw not long ago whilst looking at some moon pics. I am very pushed for time but if you type into google images "ship on the moon" there is something very similar to this one being talked about.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by scottishhuman

Yes i have also seen something similar but am unsure, it may just be this pic that was posted somewhere else previously, i am unsure??

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 06:58 AM
link   

thanks! i'll take a look.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Yep, it does look unusual. might just be a natural geological occurance.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by gem_man

Yes admit, none of these pics provide 100% proof of anything, unatural or natural for that matter. Looks interesting though

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Ok, I've taken the raw hires image and applied some minor tweaks to try and bring out as much additional detail as possible.
Here's the result at 15x magnification ... in the top left is the unmagnified comparison image.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1c26081dafc3.jpg[/atsimg]

I have to say it does have a look of "artificiality" to it with the apparent forward placed "cockpit" and "stubby wing" just behind ... but I'm still leaning towards some kind of natural rock formation.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 07:43 AM
link   

To me it does stand out though, compare to any of the surrounding terrain within 50 kms - it does have a difference.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Sure, I agree that it does have visual characteristics that tend to make one think it's "out of place" compared to its surroundings ... but artificial ??

If you go by the numerous threads here on ATS regarding "objects" being spotted in the mars images, you couldn't be blamed for thinking that mars must have become a dumping ground or junk yard at some time in the past

Also, bear in mind that even though the image looks like it's about the size that you would expect for a "space ship" i.e. length in meters .... remember that this is an image taken from orbit and to show up as well as it has, could mean that the artifact may be much, much longer ... maybe more than a kilometer.
Have you done a rough estimate based on the hi-res image resolution as to it's actual length ?

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 07:57 AM
link   

That is the problem.... the countless spam threads ( in a matter of speaking ) the jink that appears on ATS, it drowns out anything with substance or value.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Unfortuantly i can't measure the image itself but using an area approx relative to image, it is less than 150 metres.

you have the Co-ords and image... measure as well if you want

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join