It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama backs mosque near ground zero

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Another hate filled thread. Sigh.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Magnus47

Ok. Then where do you personally stop on your logic wheel?

How about the part where you, knowing next to nothing about the Muslim religion, assume that all mosques demand Sharia law, or the part where you think the Muslim 9-11 victims somehow don't matter, or the part where you think Americans who follow the Muslim faith are not actually Americans at all, therefore explaining your description of "them" taking over "our" country, when any TRUE American would say that this is as much their home as it is mine?

Yes, that's about where I would stop my wheel. Right about there.

Did someone say that " the Muslim 9-11 victims somehow don't matter"? I don't remember reading that...

How about "or the part where you think Americans who follow the Muslim faith are not actually Americans at all"? Nope, didn't see that, either...

No need to stop your wheel - it's already jumped the logic track.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Dear Lucidity, If you had lost a Mother, Father, Or even a close friend, I tend to believe you would be throwing a Holey Fit. and I would be backing you. Explain your PC mentality, to the mother who lost her husband and the two and three year olds she had in day care in the buildings. Some people will NEVER get over this, and I support them till the end.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

ok, i'm sure alot of you heard about this.

artiea.newsvine.com... wives-to-refuse-sex

does this change anyones thinking?

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by dreamwalker74

A'ight. Well I just thought it was funny. Anyway there's no point in playing this game, it will only encourage me to say nasty things. You can have fun convincing yourself that Al Qaeda is building this mosque in New York, I'm not going to argue anymore, because there's nothing I can say that hasn't been said a thousand times already. I only wish there were fewer people who agreed with you, because unfortunately there seem to be many who do.

Just know that if this ever comes down to any kind of legal issue, the true Americans who hold our religious rights dear will rise up and be heard. Have a nice day and I apologize if I insulted you... since I normally believe in calm discussion, my last few posts would seem hypocritical. Guess I got a little riled up there.

link   
reply to post by fooks

Sharia in New Jersey: Muslim husband rapes wife, judge sees no sexual assault because Islam forbids wives to refuse sex

Yes I read that.

link   
reply to post by fooks

not for the secular left defenders of the mosque if you can figure that one out

[edit on 15-8-2010 by neo96]

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by thepixelpusher

"Another hate filled post" Seriously? That's all you have to say? No expression or thought, one way or another? No ideas of your own period? Come on your truly enlightened sould must have some wisdom to spread to the masses! Come on, anything, ANYTHING. That my friends was the true troll watch out for them.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 12:58 AM
link   

For your information, Mr. Smart Guy, I lost two childhood friends, one old neighbor, and someone very close to me. In addition, many 9/11 families are not against this mosque...but again YOU don't read or care to learn.

Here's an article about two very diverse opinions from two mothers who lost children on 9/11 at the WTC here: War Over Ground Zero. yet neither is filled with bigotry or expected to change anyone's minds. And they summed it up when they said...

Welty jumped in. “Don’t,” she said, her latent anger roaring to the surface. “Don’t go down to Ground Zero and make speeches. Don’t use family members as a backdrop for photographs. You ought to be ashamed of yourself, using people who are grieving for your own political advantage.”

“Amen, sister,” said Regenhard, clapping her hands above her head.

www.newsweek.com...

But you won't read this either. Now piss off. Your ignorance is vile.

[edit on 8/15/2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by mishigas
Did someone say that " the Muslim 9-11 victims somehow don't matter"? I don't remember reading that...

I'll explain. There is a common argument here that says the construction of a muslim mosque near Ground Zero would be an insult to the 9-11 victims. But I fail to see how a mosque would be an insult to the muslim victims. Therefore the argument seems to dismiss the muslim victims altogether.

How about "or the part where you think Americans who follow the Muslim faith are not actually Americans at all"? Nope, didn't see that, either...

Another thing that is commonly being claimed is that "they" are taking over "our" country. I am forced to assume that "our" refers to Americans, as America is surely owned by Americans. Therefore to refer to Muslims as "they" implies that they are not Americans, for how can an American take over America??

No need to stop your wheel - it's already jumped the logic track.

Hopefully I have cleared this up a bit for you.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Here's an interesting perspective too... If He Could, Bin Laden Would Bomb the Cordoba Initiative

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by fooks

From the snippet you link to:

Luckily, the appellate court overturned this decision, and a Sharia ruling by an American court has not been allowed to stand.

Judges make terrible rulings sometimes; this was one of them. Thankfully, we have an appeals system to overturn such egregious rulings.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 01:12 AM
link   

I who lost two friends, care quite a bit. The only difference is I've pulled my head out of the sand long enough to identify the enemy. I'm not a religeous man, I don't forgive. I don't forget. I will not allow the assimilation of my county to the people who perpetrated this. I will not forget. I WILL NOT FOGIVE! I will fight to see that every time any radical religion regardless of what it is threatens thousands if not millions of my fellow citizens, I am first in line to not only point it out, but stop it if I can.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 01:14 AM
link   

it took decades for americans animosity towards japanese to subside

9 years is not nearly long enough for some feelings to go away

as to americans owning america not hardly its almost to the point where more foreigners own a substantial part of america

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 01:14 AM
link   

The fact that you are able to sympathize with those who killed your friends sickens me. Not much to say after that.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by americandingbat

yes i know.

but wtf was he thinking?

jeeze!

and why do we need the appeals court to overturn this stupidity?

meaning it never should have happened in the first place.

the prosecution probably crapped their pants for joy hearing his verdict.

[edit on 15-8-2010 by fooks]

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 01:16 AM
link   

I can guarantee you that it's not as much as your ignorance, cowardice, unwillingness to even read, strawmen about me sympathizing, and intentional derailing sicken me. Not even close.

[edit on 8/15/2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

We still haven't forgiven the Nazi's. They never hurt the U.S. Near as much as the radicall Muslims.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 01:22 AM
link   

After a long period of Intellectual comparisisim common sense will take over. There are those who want to kill you, and blatantly say it, and there are those that don't.
During these times, PC be damned, that is the only difference that matters.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 01:23 AM
link   

true but the japanese soldier was a respected advisary even tho some of the brutal nature of some of their actions.

and the nazis will never be forgiven-gas chambers man that will never ever be forgiven.

the difference between japanese and germany are they were acutal soldiers
answerable to hito and hitler.

that radical extremists is only answerable to allah

big big big differences.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join