It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia to place advanced S300 Surface-to-air missiles in georgia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Russia to place advanced S300 Surface-to-air missiles in georgia

www.telegraaf.nl

MOSCOW - Russia has a sophisticated Russian air defense missile system S-300 prepared in the Georgian region of Abkhazia. "It will protect the airspace of Abkhazia and South Ossetia, along with other air defense systems that are prepared by the Army"
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   
The whole article is in Dutch and its not long. therefore I hope the Mods will agree to me posting the entire article as a translation.

(continued from above) According to a general of the Russian Air Force Wednesday. As reported by the Russian news agency RIA Novosti.

Russia and some other nations, recognized the independence of Georgian regions of Abkhazia and South Ossetia, shortly after a five-day war in the region raged in August 2008. Georgia and the rest of the international community still regard the regions as Georgian territory.

Russia, earlier this year signed agreements with the two Georgian autonomous regions on setting up two permanent Russian military bases in these areas. The bases are planned for Goedaoeta in Abkhazia on the Black Sea and Tskhinvali in South Ossetia. Each base will be equipped with about 1700 soldiers, T-62 tanks, armed vehicles, antiaircraft systems and different aircraft.

I also checked the translation and improved where neccesary to clarify the text.
Does it just look like it or is the whole world gearing up their weapons?

www.telegraaf.nl
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I don't think this is big news at all. After all, the Russian jets were downed by Georgia, during the last war, using Russian-made AA systems. Now Russians want to have more AA capability in the disputed region. So what.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

I understand this is not big news, nonetheless its news and points toward a certain goal wich should be feared. I dont understand why you would but anyway.. thnx for responding.

Whenever some big country like the US, UK, China or Russia is bolstering their weapons-capability's I think its worth our attention.
Its not those missiles wich worries me. its the fact that Russia deemed it necessary to place them. They would only do so to avoid losses in the future... so what is it that they, and ALL other nations world-wide, are expecting to come?

Just classify this thread as another "WW3 is coming"

[edit on 11/8/2010 by faceoff85]

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Wonder will they actual deliver them?

If I was dealing with Russians I would want a cash on collection service.

new topics

top topics

join