It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

whats happening in Russia

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   
whether the latest stories are true (or not), please take a moment of your time to pray for those people. I would never wish something so bad to happen to so many, and I would not ignorantly turn away in unconcern.
Just a moment of your time. I hope they get a handle on those things as quickly as they can.....
Not concerned????? Let's hope similar things or worse doesnt happen to us...what happens to others does affect the rest of us.

I ask the powers of the universe, beings of love and light and everyone with a heart to give strength to those in russia, during such a crises and many condolences to those and their families who lost loved ones.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Tears shed with you.
Thoughts are with you.
we care.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   
What stories?

Cryptic thread is cryptic

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Could anyone clear up what happened?

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Prayer does nothing but make the person praying think they have done some good. It is one of the most inactive actions I am aware of, and has no impact upon anything in reality.

Yes, I feel empathy for those in Russia and elsewhere who are suffering at the moment, but no amount of prayer will help remedy the situation. Prayer is an empty promise.

Do you honestly think they would prefer prayer to real action?

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   
May the Great Spirits blessings be with you, may the healing of Mother Earth bring you comfort. Peace and Love

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I assume you are talking about the wild fires?

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I'm not the praying kind sorry.

It is heartbreaking watching what is happening there and the flooding that is causing death and destruction in numerous other places.

I'll never complain about out rubbish weather here in Scotland ever again.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Yes those poor Russians our in my thoughts and prayers. And when they through Putin in the fire I will be even more prayerfull.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Our hearts and minds are asking the great creator to cause relief and protection for the people of Russia and all peoples in distress and suffering . In Jesus name .peace

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   
By the general structure of this post I have to assume that something is happening in Russia...

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by the2ofusr1
Our hearts and minds are asking the great creator to cause relief and protection for the people of Russia and all peoples in distress and suffering . In Jesus name .peace

So, how's that working out for you?
It seems like a stunning failure given the past and the present.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   
hi do you mean to say the wild fires? if so then i do send out my prayers.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   
its really a shame that so many animals will be dead with this wild fire ! i really hope nothing goes extinct

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by aorAki

You may think prayers are useless or worthless, but in fact thoughts ARE things. Prayers let others know we care, and eventhough we dont have tons of money, plane tickets, etc, when actions are limited, then a moment of someones time for positive thoughts (energy) sometimes have been known to help, if not, COMFORT to a certain degree no matter how small it may be. Even if you are not the praying type, there is nothing wrong with some caring thoughts.

Yes, this is about the wildfires and other things going on in Moscow....I couldnt miss the topics in the home page of ATS.
Look on the side bar to right about any updates regarding Moscow. There are a few.

I will be trying to contact some folks in Moscow and see what is happening for sure, how serious is it, etc.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by triplereiki

A very nice post and I agree with you and am sending thoughts of cool rains and healing their way.

To lose everything in a fire, to have to breath in air that burns your eyes and lungs.

I usually blast our government, but the US did send help and aid to Russia so that is good.

Hope they are able to put out those fires. While the humans are suffering, what about the animals too? The rabbits, deer, bears and hedgehogs.

Couldn't resist this picture, who would have known hedgehogs were so cute.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e9dcd96fe922.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 9-8-2010 by ofhumandescent]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by aorAki

You don't have to "pray" just send out healing and good thoughts.

And yes you are right, they need food, money, housing, but right now with losing my job all I can afford is sending good thoughts.

If enough people either "prayed" or sent out healing thoughts it might help.

There is power in numbers.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d8c1b0e6e376.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

I have NEVER seen a baby hedgehog, until now. It is so precious.
Yes, the animals, too, are a concern. But stopping the fires and other worries resulting must be done for humans and animals alike.

Thank you for sending healing thoughts and energy.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Russian forest fires?

They are finding out the same thing the USA found out the hard way also. Not burning forests creates massive fires in the future as wood just collects, dries, and creates more fuel for a fire.

People moving out of cities back to rural areas or areas that were never developed as in the American West, and then a fire starts.

Mother nature had forest fires everywhere, as long as there has been trees and lightening. Then mankind invented the fire hose. Not the best invention ever and something that shouldn't be used in the forest.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by aorAki

With respect, Sir: Prayer has been proven in double and triple-blind studies to speed the recovery of hospital patients.

Amen

top topics

<<   2 >>

join