It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

whats happening in Russia

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Could someone give us a brief rundown on what all is going on in Russia.

I read something about a nuclear waste dump burning, and throwing tones of radioactive crud into the atmosphere.

Anyhoodle, I would like a doom update.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Here is a thread following the happenings~

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   
I suppose this thread is about the wildfires and I suppose someone died. Without links, I'm guessing. At first I thought maybe this thread was about the heat in Russia and many people drowning while going into rivers. The video I saw said some of them had been drinking. I'm assuming the children who drowned were not. I was wondering if anyone thought about hiring lifeguards during this heat wave to help stop drownings. If I pray for rain in Russia, I wouldn't be surprised to see some monster storms appear. Maybe it won't be that bad. Russia will likely get some storms showing up within 2 to 3 weeks anyway along with cooler temperatures. I didn't realize until I saw another video that Russia was having a bad drought. I suppose livestock is suffering as well with a shortage of hay and/or feedstock since that is what happened here in the US several years ago. If I could, I would wave a magic wand and drop global temperatures about 20 to 30 degrees. It is too hot but it won't last too much longer.

I did a quick internet search. The typical death toll in Moscow is roughly 370 deaths a day. Now it's around 700 a day. Air pollution due to wildfires is making things worse. Here's a link.
www.wsws.org...

I'm betting that since this heat wave may be the worst in 1,000 years per the link I posted, that many in Moscow do not have air conditioning. Can anyone confirm that? Here in the southern US, temperatures are often just a bit warmer during a lot of the summer months but most have air conditioning here when they go home. I feel sorry for everyone having to inhale all that polluted smoke every day.

[edit on 10-8-2010 by orionthehunter]

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by aorAki

Then your life is much the poorer thereby. I've seen absolute miracles accomplished by prayer, in the name of Jesus Christ.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by orionthehunter

thank you for adding that link.
Wasnt Russia always a kind of cold place?
That is alot of people to die.
I really hope things turn around for them and get them back in routine.
Alot going on, not sure if nuclear/radioactive stuff is blowing around, but the heat and fires is pretty bad, and I think it is mostly the air quality from smog and smake getting to people.

I tried to go into a Moscow chat forum to ask people whats happening for sure, and I have to give a bunch of info, etc and my personal photo just to be able to chat, so I said forget that......some years back, I used to go to chats in other countries and just say hello. Now we have to join and give info. Maybe there is a better chat forum in Russia we can get into.
I just need to know what is really going on over there, and to let them know we care.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by aorAki

Prayer does nothing but make the person praying think they have done some good. It is one of the most inactive actions I am aware of, and has no impact upon anything in reality.

Yes, I feel empathy for those in Russia and elsewhere who are suffering at the moment, but no amount of prayer will help remedy the situation. Prayer is an empty promise.

Do you honestly think they would prefer prayer to real action?

Nothing wrong with direct action. Prayer, however, is not futile. I believe that you can petition the Lord, with prayer (didn't watch vid. I am familiar with the dissipative works of JM). Jim was pretty wasted at 28. Once you reach that age and realize that the model of Morrison as a man was a poor one, you start to lose your idols. I'll go further with this: it wasn't because of the surfeit of acid he'd swallowed. It was because of his path that he looked like he was about 100 at the age of 28. To blaspheme further, I believe Hendrix was also held back by his fame, and driven by his managers to whore out a huge gift. It feels bad to say this, but he was lost because of it. These guys had the gift of spirit and it was drowned in the times. There's no one I'd rather hear than Hendrix on guitar, but he wanted something beyond the guitar and it's popular trappings. Same with Morrison.

'Being' is the same as prayer, when in God. It's real voodoo, not the sort that craves power. Once the power becomes recognized as a desire, the gift withdraws. It's a little like the 'voice lock' in a popular work of fiction. from the past. It only opens when the intentions are pure.

[edit on 10-8-2010 by davidmann]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join