It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What exactly is an ATS 'Adoption'?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Howdy y'all! Ima nubian and wuz jest wunderin' whatch'all mean when ya 'Adopt a newb' -as posted here in the introductions forum-?

I've read things on this site several times before and decided to join to post a heyyo to the Maiyetra fella spirit777 that just announced himself on your forums and welcome him to Earth - with a spatula...

(note to self: learn what a maiyetra is anyway...)

anyway, when I was told to announce myself here in this forum I came across the Adopt a Newb post and was kinda interested in what all that entails. I understand that I'm on a 3 month probation period here, but I hope that this adoption thing doesn't involve getting probed by my 'sponsor'!

Any info on the platform this option takes would be helpful thanks...

Meanwhile I'll go back and continue reading - which by the looks of this site I probably won't be back from your shoalin archives until sometime next year...

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   

are you a new member, confused about the murky ways of ATS? are you a regular willing to give guidance to a new member? this is your thread! wanna adopt or be adopted? post in this thread with a way to contact you, and we can start hooking people up! (I'm not going to be doing the newbie-oldie member matching, that's up to you. see someone you want to adopt/adopt you, contact them directly.)
my adopted newb is Nerdling, although I'm open to more forum children if the right person comes along. u2u me or check the contact info in my profile.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

By the way, is this English?

Howdy y'all! Ima nubian and wuz jest wunderin' whatch'all mean when ya

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
What is a nubian? Do you believe and read the teachings of Dr. York?

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Firstly welcome to ATS!

Damn, iv been on here a couple of years now and only just found out about this ATS adoption thing, i want a hot woman to come along and adopt me haha!

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   

It is an old initiative to get new members an opportunity to befriend an "ATS Vet" for the purpose of having someone who would answer any questions needed while learning to navigate the site...

I actually miss it...and my only adoptee, RoadScholar, is unfortunately no longer around...

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by and14263

Itsa form of Anglish, where ya havta read it at a certin angle to understand it... Actually, it's the original Language of the Angles before they done became the Engles...

[@ Memphis] Actually I live in the region of Naboo, where we are considered, as a cultural aspect, Nubians. Individual nubians are thus considered Newbs, whom you are referring to in the Adopt a Newb program... =)

I always wunderd whet it was like to be adopterd...

[@ MemoryShock ] You wouldn't happen to be related to that Bourne fella wouldja? I heard his memory was in shock too, at one point.

So how long has it been since yaseen yer friend RoadScholar? Was he really a scholarly fella? kinda like a travelin kind, or the ramblin kind? How much did he know about the road? Was it just Roads, or Lanes, Streets, HighWays, TollRoads, Parkways, Freeways, Driveways and Rest Areas that he knew about too?
j/k

you have the moderator tag on yer avater there so I guess if there's somethin I should know to keep myself afloat You'd be the one to let me know, so Please feel free to talk with me at any time, I'd appreciate the
camaraderie!

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Heyyo_yoyo

Hi Heyyo_yoyo, and welcome to the ATS community. For now, you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's)Private Messages to Staff only.
Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

NEW! ATS Video Tutorials

Terms & Conditions Lite!

Terms & Conditions

Take your time and enjoy. If you have any questions just ask.

Sauron,
Moderator.

new topics

top topics

join