It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[HOAX] The real ATS conspiracy. [HOAX]

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
The fact that ATS, it's owners and members are constantly attacked tends to show that ATS is seen as a threat to outside agenda driven sources who will stop at nothing to discredit ATS.

Let ATS and its user contributed content stand alone in defense of ATS.

There will always be forces seeking to trash ATS, and IF or when they go silent, it will be because ATS is either gone for good, or completely under their control!

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by n00bUK
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

i fkin luv your posts man lol

second line

I have to confess I love my posts too! Thanks, what I don’t particularly enjoy is why people would voluntarily use a free service, one like ATS and then continually look a gift horse in the mouth.

I think it would be one thing if someone had real, concrete, stand up in court of law evidence. Photos of SkepticOverlord taking an envelope overflowing with cash from some one wearing a Yale Skull and Bones ring!

Or a Federal Indictment that said Internet Site ATS alerted us to what it considered might be criminal behavior regarding the indicted.

Heck even a confession from one of the Three Amigos extracted using a water board.

Anything that wasn’t third party nonsense coming from competitive or disgruntled sources as the sole basis for this kind of argument would suffice, otherwise I consider it nothing but the most spurious form of slander, to attempt to impeach someone providing a free service that ones self is taking advantage of and making use of.

I personally know a few former members who got banned from ATS for promoting site(s) they started through U2U’s and their posts.

Yet on their sites the story as to why they got banned is promoted as something entirely different. The accusations are always the same, ATS is a Zionist enterprise, ATS is a Masonic Organization, ATS is a CIA front. They banned me because I was exposing the Zionists, I was exposing the Masons, I published a CIA leaked report, etc.

Yet the truth is that I know that’s not the case because I am highly critical at times of Zionism, Masons, and the CIA and no one has ever warned me for it, let alone banned me. I know ATS version of events regarding their banning(s) was accurate because the Terms of Service clearly states you can not advertise another site without ATS permission, and I received the U2U’s advertising these sites from them.

So yeah, there was a conspiracy involved, a conspiracy on these banned members part to take advantage of the traffic that ATS ownership and management has worked hard and long to create, by attempting to steal that traffic so they could profit off of it instead.

Even then ATS ownership came right out and started a thread and said people please ask our permission first and…and this is a big and…if we have had a misunderstanding over this, and you really want to be a Terms of Service Abiding member of the site, write us and we can probably work it out.

To my knowledge these people never attempted to write and work it out with the ownership of ATS even though they were invited too.

As a dedicated conspiracy investigator I can tell you I have never seen one shred of real evidence that supports these claims.

I feel for the Three Amigos having to endure what is really nothing but slander, because not only do they run what is arguably the most pleasant site to be involved with on the net, they are very fair, very accessible and highly communicative.

The fact that they permit such threads clearly demonstrates that. Try going to another forum and post something that is tantamount to unsubstantiated slander on it, and see how long that thread stays up, and how long you are welcome on the site.

Thankfully once someone seeking 15 minutes of Warhol Fame has had their moment in the spotlight these things pass.

Thanks my friend.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Yes i have something genuine, probably off topic but i think you can help. This thread was shut down, i have no idea why.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

PS it’s sad that this thread is going to be shut down but I understand why

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by kevinunknown

Good grief the Mod made it clear why it was closed and where your question should be addressed, that would be the ATS Issue Thread.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   

personally i would be curious to see where the thread leads if i was you...

it is how i confront things when they go on at me...i would not take this as a personal attack on ATS Bill (if i can call you Bill).

this i think is a good open discussion and i dont personally think you have anything to worry about with this thread myself.

And by closing it down just means people cannot vent and it might make I look as though CHAOS is onto something.

which i don't really believe he is absolutely correct in...as people do automatically get angry when involuntarily banned from anywhere.

Just a suggestion ....I would let it run It course...and i don't think you personally need to justify anything unless it is a direct question to an action.

I got called a liar in one of my posts recently but I was soon vindicated by another member very shortly.

So IMHO...let it ride out and it will all prove a better way in the end i would imagine.

Just a thought.

PLUBE

[edit on 023131p://f56Monday by plube]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by kevinunknown
This thread was shut down, i have no idea why.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

It was correctly redirected to the main ATS Issues thread. However, a "Editor's Choice" type forum is part of some new concepts being considered, so your core idea is one we've often discussed internally. Very-high flagged, or opening posts that are clearly the result of a significant effort would all be candidates for such a forum, which would likely be the primary feed for our up-and-coming mobile app.

edit on by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

link   

link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

We created a business focused on promoting user-generated content. At no point have we ever done anything other than what is best for the vast majority of people posting to ATS who have the expectations that we will do our best to promote what they post.

how exactly do you determine what is best for the vast majority of those posting on ATS?

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by tweakedvisions
how exactly do you determine what is best for the vast majority of those posting on ATS?

Enforcing the Terms and Conditions so that we have a relatively civil environment in which the intent is to focus on the topics rather than each other. Sometimes, because we can't see every post, it doesn't work perfectly, but that is indeed the intent.

edit on by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Aninonymous

This thread is starting to get out of control. Its now just people like you making accusations with nothing to back it up. There is actually nothing the owners of ATS can say or do that will please you.

I dont take a stand against or for this issue because I dont know and I realize there is no way to get to know it either. But I do not support being a jerk to the owners. The original poster was not and neither should you or anyone else.

[edit on 9-8-2010 by Copernicus]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
It may be off track a little bit but because I cant create threads yet it may find a little sanctuary here

I saw a report earlier on Russia Today news channel that google is striking a deal with the cia to monitor web browsing.

I just find it uncomfortable to see a google powered search bar up the top of the page

I maybe way off but I thought to include it

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
There is no conspiracy.

People were banned, and rightfully so.

They're either trolls, idiots, idiot trolls, or just plain ass holes.

Period.

They took their ball and wanted to go home, so the ATS administration gave them a nudge out the door and said "see ya later if you can't play nice"

Not everything in life is a conspiracy. No matter how much tin foil you wrap around your empty noggin.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by plube

They had their three days...and it was time to make a choice...well thankfully they said i could go.....so go check the public record on that one.

Now am i a bit paranoid...yes
Do i think they watch all avenues...yes
do i think they watch me now...yes
have i change my view....never
will i always fight to expose percieved truths....yes
am i awake to hidden agendas.....definately
would i trust anyone that has the power to decide that any citizen could be a threat,,, no chance.

so just to let you know....some people on here have their reason to percieve such things.

i will fight all the more harder to expose people everyway i can...and i dont just sit in my house hoping to do it from behind a keyboard.

i am proactive.

As a person with a ‘colorful’ past, I can empathize with your story. Yet the truth is you didn’t specify what triggered the authorities in the UK to intercede and take those actions.

I know through my own investigations that the United States government has automated ‘bots’ that troll through the internet looking for ‘key’ words. Once they find a certain number of ‘key’ words in a communiqué then it typically gets forwarded to another automated system for more detailed programming analysis. This process either automatically eliminates a threat or then forwards it to usually at least one more computer with even more sophisticated programming that will then eliminate it as a threat or forward it for human review and analysis. That usually entails a few more layers of redundant overlap before triggering either a complete elimination or deemed to be something actionable.

The vast majority of ‘Disinformation Agents’ as they are fondly called on ATS are volunteers. The Israeli Internet Defense Force, The Democrat and Republican Parties, the Masons, people belonging to certain religions, and some who work for law enforcement, the military industrial or security industrial complex associated businesses all try to ‘shape’ stories to be beneficial to their organizations in sometimes ‘creative’ and ‘coordinated’ ways.

Yet all key evidence points to these simply being volunteers, people who just have a passion for those organizations, religions, or enterprises that know bad press is bad, and good press is good, and act accordingly to mitigate the bad, and promote the good involved in stories that pertain to them.

Yes, when one lives an alternative lifestyle it’s a good idea to be cautious and observant, but above all to have good intelligence, because guarding against imaginary threats is not going to help you much against the real threats your lack of quality actionable intelligence never highlighted.

You can tilt at windmills all day long, but that doesn’t mean you will see the Knight that comes galloping up or know how to best respond to it when it does.

I am sorry you have had to deal with some unpleasantness because of your alternative views. Truthfully in regards to my own past, I am thankful for those occasions that did not kill me but served only to make me stronger.

I can understand people being cautious, but I can’t understand people not researching out their accusations and knowing the true difference between actionable concrete provable intelligence and wild speculation and slander.

No one has posted anything that constitutes admissible in a court of law proof regarding these accusations and these accusations have been around for years. It stands to reason if the proof where out there then someone would have really come up with it by now.

To me ATS is an invaluable resource. I have learned some tremendous things from the brilliant and not always so brilliant minds that congregate here.

The staff has always been kind, genuinely helpful and supportive of me. So it’s either insulting to the Moderators intelligence as they would either have to be ‘dupes’ in this grand scheme as some would make it out to be, and they aren’t that diminished in their capacity where that could easily happen, or they would have to be ‘in on it’ which is absurd since the staff is picked from members that have often been posters for years before they are invited to join the staff.

Posters that in some cases post on a wide variety of anti-government, anti-New World Order, anti-Religion, anti-Secret Society threads, the staff is not picked off of their political views, or nationality, but their ability to be fair and reasoned and understand the terms of service.

I would hate, and I mean really hate, because of all the great things I have learned from and through ATS and it’s members to think someone else who might benefit from those things too, is afraid to ask questions and post on ATS because of these unfounded allegations.

Going out of one’s way to help them selves, is not necessarily helpful to others.

Thanks my friend, and good luck to you in spreading your own healing message. There is no platform that I know that reaches further and wider than ATS.

[edit on 9/8/10 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   

I honestly applaud you for keeping this thread open, and engaging all your members directly in this thread.

I think it speaks a lot about your character and commitment to the site.

I suppose no one is safe from ATS' "conspiracy elite", not even the owner of the site!

[edit on 9-8-2010 by SaosinEngaged]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I don’t think ATS is a COINTELPRO Operation!

ATS is not owned or operated by the government to collect information on conspiracy theorists. In fact, the government doesn't even need to create a COINTELPRO site because we, the founders and members of ATS, have already created a perfect database for them to gather information and interact with us. We know the CIA, FBI, NSA, MOSAD, and your local police force browse ATS, well they most likely have screen names and chat it up too.

But what information are they here to gather?

Maybe, they are recording how we react to certain stories to inform the higher ups what the general populous will be concerned about it the coming days?

Maybe, they are here to put out false information after a world influencing chess move to derail and sidetrack the threads and our minds about it?

Maybe, they are here to start threads and ideologies to shape our minds around certain subjects?

Maybe, they are here because they believe and are seeking the truth just as we are?

Or maybe, all of the above?

The point is the government doesn't need a COINTELPRO operation team to run this site because we already do that for them. They do however still pay taxpayer-funded government salaries to Disinfo-Agents to intelligently troll the forums all day every day to keep us from ever getting to close to the truth. Don’t accuse ATS of being a COINTELPRO operation because the Patriot Act allows the U.S. Government to basically access anything they want from any website at anytime in the name of terrorism. ATS has nothing to protect itself from and neither do you.

[edit on 9-8-2010 by tooo many pills]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
infighting is exactly what the globalist want.
Stay strong and stay together.

ATS is one of our best weapons against the globalist.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Technically, I don't think the US has "spiders" or bots that crawl the internet, so much as they filter through the data moving into the infamous data-centers. This is not only confined to the US either, as it is most internet traffic going through the internet's backbone.

With this method of data-mining, there is nothing that ATS (or anyone else) can do to protect their patrons from this form of spying, as the information is being filtered before it even hits ATS servers. That's my limited understanding of it anyway.

--airspoon

[edit on 9-8-2010 by airspoon]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

Exactly, and while the precise mechanics are only known to the government, unless Conspiracy sites are now beneficiaries of the Bail Out Funds, I can't imagine what ATS Ownership could do for a fee, that the Government can't already do for free!

No one is more willing to entertain wild and loose theories than I am, but there has to be some real proof somewhere, otherwise it really is just the proverbial swamp gas.

Weather baloons might be actively spying on us, but I don't see the Three Amigos doing so, unless it's a Terms of Service Violation they are looking for.

Thanks my friend.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Doomsday 2029

Do you personally know every member of ATS and that they are "glued to their keyboards" doing nothing in the real world?

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join