It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[HOAX] The real ATS conspiracy. [HOAX]

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I remember a long time ago, couple of years after internet just started,I went into a conspiracy theory chat room and it was empty............really, think about it.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

Lets for the sake of debate say you are correct, and nothing is as it appears to be on this site. Is not the whole world a contradiction of itself?

If one of the owners is connected to Haliburton (or a government contractor), I want to know where I can sign up for a job. You have to love a company, which has the world as its customer. Job opportunities, economic stability, and room for advancement.

Sign me up.

[edit on 9-8-2010 by Section31]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by notsoperfect
He said he was/is banned from ATS in one of his interviews with the Camelot.

His account is currently in a posting-ban status for adding/changing words in the quoted posts of a couple members to make it appear as though they posted insults directed at Mr. Lear.

The entire event is well-documented in the early pages of the ATS Issues Thread.

link   

Originally posted by ROTJ6
I don't know about ATS being a full-blown CIA front or COINTELPRO operation as they have often been accused of,

But I do know beyond any shadow of a doubt that the Staff have ratted out members to the authorities and ABC agencies before, by providing them with a member's email/IP information.

Those authorities and ABC agencies then find out who the person is in real life and put them under surveillance, and from there they can make the person's life miserable in any number of ways.

The Staff will no doubt lie and deny this of course, and they may even delete or censor this post, but this is the truth folks. I now absolutely know this beyond any shadow of a doubt.

That kind of claim is what needs to come with what's known as 'proof'. "I know beyond any shadow of doubt" is not proof or even evidence.

It's funny though - this kind of post could justifiably be deleted, and yet if it was, it would fuel this very discussion.

link   

I don't know about ATS being a full-blown CIA front or COINTELPRO operation as they have often been accused of,

But I do know beyond any shadow of a doubt that the Staff have ratted out members to the authorities and ABC agencies before, by providing them with a member's email/IP information.

Those authorities and ABC agencies then find out who the person is in real life and put them under surveillance, and from there they can make the person's life miserable in any number of ways.

Umm..okay lets try and put this in the most basic format. If a person is conducting or his manner of fixation is above the average user and proceeds to the next level, then sure, one needs to take steps to secure his or her own safety. I do not see how that is inappropriate. On the other side of the coin, forums can be read/dissected and build a profile simply by viewing the persons activity, from there on end, its more or less a protocol situation. Nothing to bang the drums about. Its simply how everything is run in today's society and how one can achieve becoming a perfect citizen.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Echo3Foxtrot

Oh and to bring a mans wife in to something like this and how it was done is just a major insult. To me that's grounds for a punch to the face. Trying to get personal and all is just asking for more trouble than you wanted.

Agreed actually.

Two of my high school /college buddies works for Haliburton now.

I still play video games with them and they talk about conspiracy theories with me though.

Just because you work somewhere doesn't automatically mean you are "in the know" or a "bad guy".

They both work in the oil/gas fields.

They do know TONS of information about Safety Protocol.

Admittedly they are bias about their employer, but that's why I usually keep the topics to politics/aliens-ufos/history/etc.

I still like them and am friends with them. If I judged them over that I would lose two good friends.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Faiol

If the .gov wants to see where people are going they just have to check their telecom gathered databases. They don't need to 'hack' websites to find out.

Besides they have AI that can compare your writing patterns at one place, and trawl thru the crawler (and emails and so on) databases and do comparative linguistics to have a real good chance at figuring out who an anonymous poster at some place is, if they really want them.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ROTJ6

This is absolutely absurd and highly speculative.

Local, Municipal, County and State Police Reports as well as Federal Indictments are available online.

Had ATS actually ratted someone out it would be included in the Officer’s Report or Federal Indictment.

Have you got one of those?

What often very paranoid people speculate and what actually occurs are two different things. People on ATS misidentify a lot of things that they assume to be ‘surveillance’ or ‘tapping’ or ‘spying’ when in reality it’s either an overblown imagination, or there neighbor is being followed by the local Vice Squad for operating a Grow House.

ATS is a place where people often claim things like “My Cell Phone is Taking Pictures of Me on its own” that are then found to be hoaxes. People claim all kinds of things that seldom can be proved but are routinely disproved.

If you are posting on ATS chances are you are not a threat to the government no matter how much you imagine you are a threat to the government. Speculating about the Government and the Powers that Be does not translate into active criminal acts of Treason and Sedition, and people typically engaged in true criminal acts, don’t post them on line, unless you are 18 and on Face Book.

Proving a claim like you have made can be done online, it’s very easy to look up arrest records and indictments.

By the way I have published threads on ATS about my own experiences in not paying taxes, and not participating in the census.

There are no IRS or Commerce Department Agents camped on my doorstep or following me around as a result.

Thanks.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ROTJ6

WTF ????!!!!!

Please be kind enough to explain and provide evidence

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
You are lying. No such thing has ever happened.

Now come on, Bill.

As the ONLY member of ATS who has the access to read peoples' U2Us and find out their IP, you are in a position of tremendous power.

And, newsflash!!! - men with tremendous power sometimes lie and do mean/bad things and hurt people.

But I'm not out to make enemies with anyone. I actually have tremendous respect for you and Mark and all that you've accomplished, you know that.

All I want is to be able to live my life in peace without being constantly pestered by cops or operatives or gangsters or firemen or citizen spies.

I want to be able to walk around out in public and go shopping without having to be in constant fear of being attacked or provoked or baited.

Is that really too much to ask? I don't think so.

Friends? Come on, give me a hug, you big lug!

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Thanks OP for the thread, I think this is better aired than censored, and as ever there is a wide spectrum of views being expressed in response. I like that. I find that on internet forums more than most other places, one gets to hear and learn about a real variety of opinions, interpretations and reactions to any given topic. I find that healthy and informative.

I am new to ATS, I've been posting for only about 2-3 months, and I do appreciate this site. Obviously, everyone who participates in ATS has there own reason for doing so. These reasons will also be very varied and diverse. That's good too.

The reasons I visit ATS and often participate in the discussions are:

1) To check out the news. I avoid MSM as much as possible, and I check a few different alternative news sources, such as ATS, each day to keep up with the news.

2) To learn more about a given topic from others who are posting, from those who know more than I do on a given topic - and to hear different perceptions and interpretations of said topic.

3) To interact with others, across national boundaries, on subjects which are of interest and important to me. It's good to find a group of other searchers and I like the opportunity for discussing and connecting with my fellow human beings on an international medium.

4) To share and participate in discussions in the hope that I can do my bit to hellp someone else have an 'aha' moment and see a bit more of the truth. I believe we are all helping each other in this.

5) I like that ATS is moderated quite strictly. I have been on other sites where the level of personal insult, verbal bullying, and a general moronic way of communicating have made reasonable discussion virtualloy impossible. On such sites I have seen the 'interesting' people leave because of this very reason. I think that is a shame, and I am pleased that anyone who wants to abuse people in this way are smartly 'moderated' here on ATS. I think the value of the information exchanged here benefits enormously as a result.

6) I am learning to overcome my own conditioning and 'say the unsayable' - ie. express views which are not tolerated in the wider society - even if those views are expressed rationally, calmly and respectfully.

7) It is a way of saying 'I won't be silenced'

For all these reasons, I chose to start participating here, and so far I choose to continue to do that.

Neither do I believe it's perfect.

Although I haven't yet come a cropper with the Mods (except for a one liner), I know others have, and haven't been happy. Mods will make mistakes, that's inevitable, and they can be pretty strict. There probably isn't the time (or even maybe the inclination) to trawl through all the threads to put an individual post 'in context', so they apply a 'rule' as opposed to an evaluation. People will not always like their decisions, I will not always like their decisions, especially when it's a mistake, and that's inevitable too. I feel sad if someone is censored or suspended when it doesn't seem they deserve it. But as long as overall I don't experience the moderating as oppressive or excessive or akin to blatant censorship, I I will use the opportunity to participate for the reasons mentioned above.

At the same time, I value a well moderated site where nasty personal insults and gratuitous rudeness isn't acceptable. That way, I believe, more people have the possibility to express themselves freely than would otherwise be the case if bullying were rampant.

I did ask myself the question about whether ATS itself was being run by government agents. I have no doubt whatsoever that agents will read and participate alongside other members, but I did ask myself about who was running ATS. I did some research and I did find things which, IF they were true, I would not like at all.

However, I/we live in a world where speaking the truth has become a very rare commodity, especially in places where it really matters and where the truth absolutely SHOULD be told. So I am aware that ATS could conceivably also be an intelligence gathering site, which allows users to participate freely in order to monitor them. (No offense intended here, SkepticOverloard, just a hypotheses). I have no way of knowing this.

And even if I did, for me, and I know this is just my personal perception, the most salient point here is what effect it would have if it were true. Perhaps I'm missing something, but I don't see that it would. Either I am going to consent to submitting to their pervasive 'fearmongering' and 'intimidation' and allow myself to be silenced, or I'm not. There are, perhaps, things I would not deem it appropriate to share on a public forum such as this, but that remains my choice, not theirs.

[edit on 9-8-2010 by wcitizen]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

well not everything is state side related...there are other countries out there....

now my arrest record...i was arrested in the uk two weeks after Yassar Arafat died as i stated i was leaving the country (uk) to go the palestine.

which is the case....the police showed up in three police cars and seven officers came to my door.

after several hours of discussion and finally get them to leave my house cause there was no charge that they had on me....they said i should go with them so i ask what would happen if i didn't, they said they would have me sectioned.

i made a deal with them that i would think about what they were saying over night and i would give them a call.

I immediately phoned the daily mail newspaper as i am from Canada and wasn't sure of what i should do.

well i spoke to a very helpful reporter..and he stated that if i was just to leave it as it was..they could then legally have me sectioned and if that happened then they had the right to administer drugs against my will.

he then said that if i went and signed in voluntarily they had no right to administer drugs.

So the next morning my wife and i went to the hospital where i was literally interogated for 8hrs straight about what my intentions were for wanting to go to Palestine.

I told them exactly what my intentions were and who i was and that i am a watcher and i need to go to certain places in the world at certain times to watch unfolding events...which i have done all my life.

well after eight hours they said that they wanted to section me....so i said is this voluntary..

they said yes...so i said what if i say no...

they said well then we will have you sectioned....

and i said so how the hell can that be voluntery then cause if i get up and leave you will have me sectioned...and i said the only reason this is happening is because i am going to Palestine...but if i was going to Disneyland there would not be a problem.

Anyways i said i will go in for 3days of analysis under voluntary conditions then.

I went through three days of intensive questioning and observation...and they asked me everything under the sun.

such as about god,aliens,the devil,antichrist,religion,politics...etc etc etc.

now a lot of this could only come from what i write about on the net.

and i told them the complete and utter truth about all things...my belief that there are aliens,,,,that the devil is not telling me to kill people, that i get visions of the future,. how i feel about the world controllers.

well after three days,and i was scared s*itless to says the least they had to make a decision...after talking to social workers,psychologists,doctors, and who knows who some of them were they decided that they could not hold me any longer.

They had their three days...and it was time to make a choice...well thankfully they said i could go.....so go check the public record on that one.

Now am i a bit paranoid...yes
Do i think they watch all avenues...yes
do i think they watch me now...yes
have i change my view....never
will i always fight to expose percieved truths....yes
am i awake to hidden agendas.....definately
would i trust anyone that has the power to decide that any citizen could be a threat,,, no chance.

so just to let you know....some people on here have their reason to percieve such things.

i will fight all the more harder to expose people everyway i can...and i dont just sit in my house hoping to do it from behind a keyboard.

i am proactive.

what does this have to do with this thread and ATS

just cause there is a medium provided for airing things, never ever be complacent in thinking they have all our interests at heart...

the owners of ATS have lives and want to feed their families too...and will follow what is necessary to do that just as most people would.

does that make them in cahoots with TPTB...not at all
does that make them evil incarnate....not at all
but there could always be a Judas lurking somewhere....wheter it be from within or on the outskirts...so i say never blindly follow.

but i do appreciate that they allow more open free debate then most places...and that is a good thing.

Please Let Us Be Enlightened

edited spelling and poor grammar so i dont get shouted at...lol

[edit on 023131p://f24Monday by plube]

[edit on 023131p://f30Monday by plube]

[edit on 023131p://f31Monday by plube]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I think we are missing some important things here:

We make the choice to use this site for FREE.

It takes money to operate the the site so advertising on ATS shouldn't be an issue. Unless you want to pay......

Some of us are very opinionated and intelligent, which may not be a very good mix. Some of us say things that aren't exactly in good taste. If mods make the judgment to delete or ban something we say it's probably for a good reason. If a case of a Mod over-stepping his bounds arises, that must be addressed as well.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   

All I want is to be able to live my life in peace without being constantly pestered by cops or operatives or gangsters or firemen or citizen spies.

I want to be able to walk around out in public and go shopping without having to be in constant fear of being attacked or provoked or baited.

This immediately screams 'paranoia'. This is the kind of thing paranoid schizophrenics claim. I'm not saying you are a paranoid schizophrenic, of course, but it's a rather odd thing to say. Still you have provided no proof, though. Or even a reason for saying all of this.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Djin
Please be kind enough to explain and provide evidence

There is no evidence. ROTJ6 is lying.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   

men with tremendous power sometimes lie and do mean/bad things and hurt people.

"Tremendous power" is knowing your IP? Really?

No such event has happened where we've shared user information. In fact, that would be a violation of our publicly posted site privacy policy, and a rather serious issue if proven.

Your continued lies place your account status in jeopardy.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Every few months we have a new thread accusing ATS of being COINTELPRO... and everyone goes round and round digging up info on banned members and blogs and threads from other sites where people are badmouthing ATS.... and It's juts silly.

Someone mentioned older members just leaving.... most left because ATS changed... or because of the drugs issue or certain cliques that formed and so on.... I don't believe any left because they though ATS was a cover for the 3 letter agencies.

ATS is growing and changing rapidly but the T&C's have always been the same as far as I can see.

I argue and get heated with people and was often in arguments with people... but never did I resort to name calling and nasty personal attacks.
Most people who are banned, usually, are banned because they can't argue/debate in a civil manner and they have to go acting the big tough guy and start spewing filth and profanities at people.

If you have to resort to vulgar language and insults to get your point across, then you haven't got a point.

And also, regards the OP.... even if ATS IS a stitch up and they're just mining for info and potential trouble makers.... so what? What can you do about it?

I don't see the need to own/start a website when ANYONE can read these pages anyway, without registering..... it's pointless.
ATS is NOT wikileaks... I don't believe that is their intention.

[edit on 9/8/10 by blupblup]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I've asked before, and will ask again, if someone has a specific concern other than innuendo or ridiculous lies, please bring it up succinctly. Otherwise the thread will be closed.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join