It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Forgetful Mullen's 'unintended consequences'

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Wasn't Syria on the original 'axis of evil' scenario after afghanistan and Iraq.

It really makes you wonder if everything in the last 10 years was organised/conducted years before, or at least the base plan.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I say, go to war
Lets teach our self a painful lesson.

I can sense WW3 is just nearby with this Iran war. By the end of war, USA might be in 4 different war (US vs Iran, Iraq, Afghan and probably NK).

There are big chances of US and Israel will be defeated however. Israel, Iran and the theater of course turn to dust. US will take a heavy penalty and probably civil war or goverment restructure. I'm looking forward to Amerigo (America Mexico) money

What I dont like is entire world will suffer nuke fallout. I think we might see about 4 nuke detonation, but 1 is almost guaranteed in NK. In case of false alarm / no war, then a new cold war will start again, with USA being the lesser ones.

What can change all this is US citizen actions or Israel standdown their warmongering or BRIC intervention. Seems India and Russia is still silent on the matter. Brazil and China is already bought by Ahmenajad(how to spell it?) with the Turks.

Neither UN or Obama cannot help cause they are merely houseowner who look at the floor in sad face.

I hope the UFO land quickly before we all turn to dust.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Slightly off topic but,

The UN Security Council extended on Thursday the mandate of the UN Assistance Mission in Iraq (UNAMI) until July 31, 2011.

The 15-member Council unanimously adopted Resolution 1936, which keeps the current mandate unchanged but demands more security for UN personnel in light of the upcoming withdrawal of U.S. troops from Iraq.

"The Security Council... expresses its intention to review the mandate of UNAMI in 12 months or sooner, if requested by the Government of Iraq," the resolution said.

The council also urged Iraqi leaders to expedite forming a new coalition government "that represents the will and sovereignty of the Iraqi people and their hope for a strong, independent, unified and democratic Iraq."

The security situation has deteriorated in Iraq since March parliamentary elections, which brought the country into a political deadlock.

The UNAMI was established in August 2003 as a follow-through mission in the wake of the Oil-for-Food program handover. Its main goal is to assist the Iraqi government in rebuilding and developing the country ravaged by war and continuing extremist violence.

en.rian.ru...

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   
EVERYBODY, STOP RIGHT THERE, SLOW DOWN JUST A MINUTE!

Can somebody please explain to me why this is all in the news, the plan for the attack etc?

Surely, anybody (Iran) with some common sense and more than 5 brain cells will do the following : -

Hide or move all their weapons / nuke materials

Put the armed forces on the ready and in place for this attack

Etc, etc!

Why are we warning them and effectively helping the Iranians?

Surely, we will suffer far more casualties if they are ready and waiting for us (US / Israel)?

Did we really spend months / years winding up the people in Iraq before hitting them in 1990 and the 2nd / 3rd Wars with them in 2003?

Surprise is the key and if fighters from Israel / the US get blasted out of the sky then they only have themselves to blame!

Or am I missing something here, please enlighten me??

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   
To be honest they probably already know that it's going to happen.

Articule from 2006. Iran's "Power of Deterrence"
The display of Iran's military capabilities is intended to deter US war plans

www.globalresearch.ca...

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by minkey53

Ok first thing, this is not a statement that says "We are planning to attack Iran".

It says that a viable credible plan, should it come to an attack, exists. Of course it exists!

The US probably has a contingency should the Cloverfield Monster attack Manhattan! This isn't some huge breaking story that is tantamount to an imminent US military strike on Iran. So it isn't helping Iran prepare for some "imminent" attack.

US has drawn up plans, Israel has drawn up plans, Iran has drawn up plans, N. Korea has drawn up plans, Russia has drawn up plans.
Mullen is just saying "Yes, we have a strategic plan should a strike be needed".

This is really just a given and people are either

A) Misconstruing Mullens words to read that an attack is imminent or

B) People are now worried and paranoid that a real military plan has been drawn up. And they shouldn't be, a plan would have existed for years..

Not only that, this isn't the first time Mullen has said "yes we have a military option"

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   
My favorite bit: "A recent "war game" at Brookings Institution concluded that an attack on Iran "could easily spin out of control''

Wow it took all those "genius" thinkers to figure something out that we all already knew!
. The US would be stupid to attack Iran, it would set the Earth alight with the flames of war.

I can picture it now, the US would strike Iran, Iran would strike back not only on its own lines but also on Afgan targets. This would drag ICAF (International Security Assistance Force) into the mixer. With all the major nations of the europein union tied up with fighting on two (likely more by this time) fronts, Russia will attempt an invasion of Europe.

This would likely come about as soon as 12 month of a US attack on Iran.

I have no doubt that the end game of this war would be at the hand of Israel, With Israel being attacked from all sides and near defeat they will launch a nuclear strike on Iran (without American permission). The strike will kill many allies as well as Iranians. For a while the world will be very tense, there will be a few close calls but ultimately things will cool off.....I hope!

Peace, now wouldn't that be a fine thing.

ALS

[edit on 5-8-2010 by ALOSTSOUL]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Every military force on the planet has scenarios/war games as plans for IF it ever needs them in a offensive or defensive situation.

Iran has always been on the list of this infamous 'axis of evil', so really it's a matter of time, as is Syria and North Korea.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cambion
Every military force on the planet has scenarios/war games as plans for IF it ever needs them in a offensive or defensive situation.

Iran has always been on the list of this infamous 'axis of evil', so really it's a matter of time, as is Syria and North Korea.

Yes, but not every military in the world is controlled by psychopaths on a mission from God ( or Israel) to destroy their enemies.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ALOSTSOUL

Yeah, you got it right. Though I dont know where you got the Russian invade Europe.

@minkey53
Before a punch, you stare at each other face and spit sideways, this is merely "Huh ? you got a problem with me ?" session.

Anyway if there gonna be war, it will be initiated by Israel, not US, and Israel is clenching its fist now...as usual.

Cmon UFO help us all!

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Come on Tome Cruise!! Save us all with your witchcraft.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   
The US had 10 attack plans drawn up for Russia in the 80's. This don't mean anything. The US has contingencies for all senarios that could play out on the world stage. They probobly have a war plan drawn up for russia and china also. So what big deal nothing to get your panties in a bunch over.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by bestideayet

So we're actually planning a war on Iran. There is a plan of attack already in the talks within our government. So much for transparency, huh?

Why would they be transparent and reveal to the public, and their enemies, what they are planning and could possibly do and when?
Some common sense never goes astray you know..

You know there's things like operational security and confidentiality.
Unfortunately for the tree huggers the world isn't a peaceful place were everyone loves each other.

Not only would this be considered a start to WW3, but it basically sets off what has been written in various prediction threads. Did this guy just slip up? You decide!

Really? Whose going to consider it a start to WW3, besides the usual people who have been screaming we are going to attack Iran today, tomorrow, yesterday, the day before that, no it was last week, oh wait the attack isn't till next month blah blah blah.
The same people were also carrying on how the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan were the start of WW3 and Armageddon. I would hope you can obviously understand they were wrong.

What do you mean it sets off what has been written in previous threads? How is this even breaking news?

It's not exactly a secret that the US has plans, contingency plans, plans for those contingency plans, and more plans, and is working on yet more plans. Again it comes down to common sense.

I'm surprised that ANYONE would be shocked to hear a US military commander make such a statement. I'm mean, WOW. How sheltered are some people in this day and age?

[edit on 5-8-2010 by BLV12]

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Wouldn't a "super power" have a plan ready for many, many scenarios?

Attacking China / defending against China attack

Attacking Venezuela

etc, etc...

We should have a plan for these things simply because it's the responsible thing to do, regardless of whether we plan to use it.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Hello, i don't post much i am a floater. I read a lot of things but i never post. But i am in the know that something is going on right now, things are moving in position for some kind of show down or show of force.

No i cannot tell you who or what is going on, if you are reading this thread then it is quite obvious what i am talking about. And it is also quite obvious to what kind of person would have any type of knowledge regarding this subject.

Man i wish i could say more but seriously national security is a serious subject and i will go down if someone see's that i jeapordized something.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 01:04 AM
link   
And the other day the leader of Iran asked Obama for a friendly debate.

Headlines should read, " Ahmadinejad asks Obama over for chat, Obama Nukes him!"

See, Obama is no wussy. He don't take that crap.. What's that you say.. Obama's not going to lead the troops into fighting.. what.. he's hiding under his desk....

Hey, who let this Coward into My White House?

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Thestraighttruth

hahaha with that 12 year olds grammer - I'm convinced

ETA:
Seriously though, I am convinced - something is in the works, and if you came across as too on the money I'm sure there may be repercussions.

[edit on 6/8/10 by ghostsoldier]

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by ghostsoldier

screw it, no need try and prove anything.

goodluck.

[edit on 6-8-2010 by Thestraighttruth]

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by ThePeaceMaker

The government will stop being the police of the world when the people of the United States take back the reins, if enough of the public believe this should be the case. We vote the idiots in, but we aren't voting them out!With an informed public rather than few highly intelligent people like us in here mixed in with a bunch of smoke and mirrors fooled sheep of a populace, what can you expect? Besides, there's an awful lot of money to be made for the defense industries, the new private armies of mercenaries owned by corporations...excuse me, government contractors..... weapons dealers, transportation of these same, the bags of cash to be spread around and not accounted for.... what do you expect? It's rarely the children of the decision makers that die in the wars anyway, right? We are mere pawns, serfs, and clay to be molded.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 01:59 AM
link   
this is the work of USrael , and they will stop at nothing to do the same they had done to Iraq and Afhanistan , ,

Americans , if your government decides to take your army which protects you to an illegal war with Iran , I want everyone of you to protest in the streets , and if need be over throw the government.

We cannot allow a WW3 scenario , or we wont have a world left , because we know israel are going to want to destroy Iran

"If any country in this world is a threat to use nuclear weapons with remarkably little regard for the consequences it's Israel. Martin van Creveld, an Israeli professor of military history, and loyal Israeli citizen, remarked in 2002: "We have the capability to take the world down with us. And I can assure you that this will happen before Israel goes under." Think of the closing scene of "Dr. Strangelove". That's Israel sitting astride the speeding nuclear missile waving the cowboy hat."

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join