It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Forgetful Mullen's 'unintended consequences'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by tangotemper

Interesting blog, but I say probably no to an attack on Iran this month.

While it is just as likely now as opposed to later, I've read these kinds of things year in year out month in month out since 2005.... So I have zero reason to suspect a strike this month.

It's come to the point where it's 50/50 really. But I don't see any "new" indication that it is about to happen.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

We'll see what you have to say once you're hauled off to fight there - unless you're too old, deformed or sick, in which case you'll likely starve to death with the rest of us.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I agree. Ive been seeing these typse of the reports for the last 5 years. Ive seen aircraft carriers build up in the gulf then move out and then build up again. Its just a cycle...i dont see any reason to the think there will be an attack anytime this year.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by bestideayet

Not only would this be considered a start to WW3, ...

i think WWIII already started if one can decypher the marketting geniuses intent by numerous nations agreeing to call it:

the global war on terror.

according to my thesaurus a synonym for world is globe/global

so world war three has been underway for awhile now, but people don't want to know it, but the history books of the future will call it such, i think.

just some thoughts,
et

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrSpad

Originally posted by Smack
If the Neo-Cons think they can get away with such an outrage, they are sadly mistaken. Prepare to see civil war break out, shortly after they bomb Iran.

While Iran is not stable and the military not trusted the Revolutionary Guard will keep them in line and it would be more likey an attack on Iran would solidfy the regime. Of course maybe your talking about the US and if that is so then idea of a civil war is just silly.

I am talking about the American people being pushed too far. I don't think you really have a clue what is going on in this country. It is no longer cute and funny to deny that we have been taken over by a group of ruthless criminals - who would as soon cut your throat as look at you.
So many soft boys playing at being men in this country, that have no clue what savage horror awaits them.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Esoteric Teacher

Alot of people have regarded WWIII to be the cold war.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Esoteric Teacher

I agree. The last 10 years have merely been the prelude.

"What's past is prologue" - Bill Shakespeare

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Why is it that Iran is not a threat to China and Russia. After all if they are working on Atomic Bomb , the threat should be perceived by all parties not just USA and Britain.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Off the top of my head it's probably that china has supplied the computer components and russia the nuclear material

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Cambion

So if they were to make a nuke, and have it air dropped from an american F-14 sold to Iran that would make the circle complete...

China

Russia

U.S.A.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrSpad

If the Neo-Cons think they can get away with such an outrage, they are sadly mistaken. Prepare to see civil war break out, shortly after they bomb Iran.

While Iran is not stable and the military not trusted the Revolutionary Guard will keep them in line and it would be more likey an attack on Iran would solidfy the regime. Of course maybe your talking about the US and if that is so then idea of a civil war is just silly.

I am talking about the American people being pushed too far. I don't think you really have a clue what is going on in this country. It is no longer cute and funny to deny that we have been taken over by a group of ruthless criminals - who would as soon cut your throat as look at you.
So many soft boys playing at being men in this country, that have no clue what savage horror awaits them.

Yeah I am sure the American people will be launching a civil war over Iran. Why its already hard for me to drive down the street with all the anti war protesters out in force over Afganistan. You know its this sort of hyperbole that makes this place so enjoyable. If Iran is bombed people will wave flags, a few people will protest and people hear will post like crazy once again about revolution. Although I love the line about savage horror thats a real hoot.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by freetree64

The way the middle east situation is at rhe moment I actually wouldn't be that suprised

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Smack

Actually, I am the Oskar Schindler type. I'd be the one saving your behind by telling the government you're going to my factory to work, but treating you well and dandy and saving you from the horror's outside, and teaching and training you to improve yourself and your fellowship.

Covert capitalism, if you will.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

I agree with you - the antiwar movement isn't really happening. There is a lot of apathy in this country. It is truly sad. I think that would change rather rapidly if young people were being drafted to fight. Unless you think Blackwater is going to single-handedly defeat a Million pissed of shiite muslim martyrs.

Time will tell, my friend. I almost hope they do it. perhaps then, some of the arrogant, ignorant masses might awaken.

--- glad you liked my savage horror line. ---

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   
This should up the ante a little bit, I'm sure we are not thinking they are gonna use this for the reason stated..... Hmmm, a three stage rocket, eh??

www.spacedaily.com...

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Well you can't stop a country from developing rockets for space exploration, so that is a very interesting problem. The question is can that be a justifiable excuse for war? After the Iraq war i'm not too sure if anything can stop the military incursion into the middle east.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Cambion

It might not be a justifiable excuse for war, but I can't wait to hear Israel's take on this story....

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Good morning! I'm from Romania, Bucharest, and Iran is relatively close, relatively... far from us, but within range, nonetheless.
As are Iraq and Russia.

What is there more to be said... I wouldn't know. "They" mention of Iran, Iraq and Libya as being 'The Golden Belt' of the Earth... So? If a country like Iran *hangs* its clerics inside a courtroom for speaking their mind, as well as homosexual teens for being who they are, but outside, in the market-place; if it *beheads* common adult thieves; if it *runs over* small children for the same guilt of *thieving*; if it stones to death women for committing adultery, but excuses men?.. If... if... if...? I ask you again: 'So... WHAT?!' So what the U.S. decides to attack Iran?
Now, I'm NOT saying that the U.S. are good, by any means! But... at least... there, in the U.S., you are somewhat guaranteed justice and freedom of speech, and, what's most important, of expressing yourself the way you... feel, after all!
Sorry, but Muslims, Hindus, and Hebrews are, in many respects, medieval in thinking. So are Romanians, but we don't appeal to hangings, beheading and stoning, though we should appeal to bullets for *some* very serious cases we have here, namely: murderous pedophiles - pedophilia is a syndrome; it CAN be treated and/or cured with specialized assistance from a psychologist! -, women beaters, women rapists, sadistic serial killers... and arrogant, yet idiotic, politicians = economy under-miners... We did it before...

Thank you!

[edit on 5-8-2010 by Yudhisthira]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   
rt.com...

Iran’s President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has stated that the US and Israel are planning to launch two military attacks in the Middle East in the near future as part of a “psychological war” on Tehran.

I suppose the question on the above statement/link is it true

[edit on 5-8-2010 by Cambion]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Yes, you could be correct, and if you'll read this just out from the "WSJ" something is definitely up....

online.wsj.com...

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join