It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australia TV aires truth about Flouride.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   
This was put up on YouTube not to long ago. Check it out.

I got to say I'm a little surprised to see this on the propaganda tube. Is there anyone that actually still thinks fluoride was put into our fresh water supply for our own benefit? Because the Government really cares about you, right? And always has your best interested in mind.

I can't imagine why anyone in this world would think adding anything to a supply that is so vital to our health would be a good idea..

Why are we still allowing ourselves to be poisoned?

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   
TodayTonight's credibility is suspect.

From Wikipedia:

Criticism Today Tonight is notorious for its sensationalist reporting, and is an example of tabloid television where stories rotate around sensationalised community issues i.e. diet fads, miracle cures, welfare cheats, shonky builders, negligent doctors etc. For this reason the program is constantly under criticism and ridicule, especially by satirical groups such as The Chaser. The show has also been found multiple times to be in breach of The Australian Communications and Media Authority's policies in regards to invasion of privacy and not Presenting factual material accurately.

Too many examples to list: TodayTonight's Criticism - False Reports

Always verify your source.

[edit on 4-8-2010 by misinformational]

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
There have been a number of threads on ATS about the same subject, but it is a really important topic. Your video is a very good one regarding Flouride. Thank you for sharing it. I just hope more people look at the facts about this dangerous chemical.

If it is dangerous to swallow flouride filled toothpaste, and it is bad for infants to drink formula mixed with flouride filled tap water, and if a host of countries and locales refue to use flouride in their water system...why do we?

This is a decent link for more info:

www.fluoridealert.org...

and here are some other ATS threads regarding flouride also:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by SeeingBlue

Come now, there's no reason to lie and propagandize on ATS. This isn't "Australia TV" nor any Australian news agency reporting this. It is "Today Tonight", a sensationalist tabloid program.

This is the same show that:

(1) Claimed there was an an organized militia of welfare recipients living underground in Melbourne.

(2) Claimed a woman was being threatened with eviction, so she chained herself to her bed, despite later evidence that the TV crew brought the chains and edited the footage.

(3) Used a fake private investigator/actor to play a corrupt official to make it seem as if a narcotics ring had infiltrated the local government.

(4) Illegally traveled to Indonesia on tourist visas while performing journalist work. When caught, the claimed a rival news station was trying to prevent them from saving a boy from being sacrificed and eaten by a cannibalistic tribe.

The next time you post, could you at least be HONEST about your source?

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by misinformational

I agree with you about the source, but the message is what is important here. I listed some other threads on ATS about the same topic, which is an important one to consider.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   
about g-damn time.

Most people in amerika still think it is "perfectly ok".
But the Truth is, it is NOT "OK".

I was watching an episode of "Survivorman" the other day on my PC,
The one where he and his family build' their house and set it all up eco-friendly...
and I was very happy to hear him say something like~

"and out here, we will have pure, fresh water anytime we want it,
without ever having to pay the bill for it,
and without all the FLOURIDE and everything else in it".

He is a Canadian I believe~

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   
about g-damn time.

Most people in amerika still think it is "perfectly ok".
But the Truth is, it is NOT "OK".

I was watching an episode of "Survivorman" the other day on my PC,
The one where he and his family build' their house and set it all up eco-friendly...
and I was very happy to hear him say something like~

"and out here, we will have pure, fresh water anytime we want it,
without ever having to pay the bill for it,
and without all the FLOURIDE and everything else in it".

He is a Canadian I believe~

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Um, I didn't post a source, I posted a YouTube video. So take up the creditability with them if you feel it's necessary.

The facts are on the back of your tooth paste bottle. DO NOT INGEST. It advises you to call poison control if you do. Now does that sound like something you want to drink and shower in? I don't even want it in my mouth even if I do spit it out.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Um - doesn't matter if you post a source - They video's source is TodayTonight's (hint: take a look at the icon on the video for copyright purposes).

Further:

Australia TV aires truth about Flouride

You claim this is the truth about Flouride. Your source is "Australia TV", specifically TodayTonight's - And yes, their credibility is suspect.

If the source of the video is suspect, regardless of whether or not you source it, then the content is, by association, suspect.

But don't let logic deter you... Carry on...

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeeingBlue
Um, I didn't post a source, I posted a YouTube video. So take up the creditability with them if you feel it's necessary.

You posted the video and claimed it was "Australia TV" showing flouride was poison, when in fact it is a tabloid pop-news show claiming this. You purposely posted propaganda.

The facts are on the back of your tooth paste bottle. DO NOT INGEST. It advises you to call poison control if you do. Now does that sound like something you want to drink and shower in? I don't even want it in my mouth even if I do spit it out.

You shower in and drink toothpaste?

[edit on 8/4/2010 by VneZonyDostupa]

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by misinformational

Um - doesn't matter if you post a source - They video's source is TodayTonight's (hint: take a look at the icon on the video for copyright purposes).

Further:

Australia TV aires truth about Flouride

You claim this is the truth about Flouride. Your source is "Australia TV", specifically TodayTonight's - And yes, their credibility is suspect.

If the source of the video is suspect, regardless of whether or not you source it, then the content is, by association, suspect.

But don't let logic deter you... Carry on...

If you have such a problem with this source,
Why do you not carry out your own 'research' then, and find out for yourself?

Who cares what the source is? Fluoride is bad S____ , and that is the truth...

But if you really dont care, and want to nit-pick on the source....
then... enjoy your fluoride.

But there is tons of good info out there for you to check out yourself...

but dont let FACTS deter you... carry on........

[edit on 4-8-2010 by Ahmose]

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Google Video Link

But again, dont let the facts deter you....

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Ahmose

Oh jeez, here we go.

I wouldn't argue facts. What sense would that be silly?

I came to a thread that was entitled "Australia TV aires [sic] about Flouride" to better understand some possibly harmful effects of this chemical (read: doing my research) - all seemingly from a reputable source (Australia TV).

Since I wasn't presented facts from a reputable source, I stated such. Thus this venue for my research into any possible harmful effects has been nulled, as the source for this information is null.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by misinformational
TodayTonight's credibility is suspect.

Of course - attack and discredit the source - whatever you do, dont actually address the data.

Also, using wiki to discredit another source is a joke. The information on wiki is often put in by people who are paid - the more people you pay to put info in wiki, the easier you can control the content - so if wiki is truth, then truth is a commodity.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by VneZonyDostupa

You shower in and drink toothpaste?

[edit on 8/4/2010 by VneZonyDostupa]

You were one of the sceptics I had thought wasn't pseudo, that line cost you all of the respect I once had for your views, particularly in relation to health issues and foremost to do with AIDS. just couldn't resist it cudya.

edit to add. I also noted that you totally ignored the information and solely attacked the source, poor that it was, it all came out sounding totally supercilious.

[edit on 5-8-2010 by Thepreye]

[edit on 5-8-2010 by Thepreye]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 07:31 AM
link   
ATS should ban those who derail thread's in this way. The thread title addressed the source, if you didn't like it, don't come here, flouridation of water is the topic of this thread, not "sources and their credibility"

I for one hate the fact that I have to ingest this poison on a daily basis, isn't it our right to choose whether our water is contaminated with chemicals or not ?

I.e., I pay for a water bill NOT a water with additional chemicals bill.
Screw it, they might even be using flouride as it's a cheap pipe cleaner.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Attacking the source is the easy alternative to admitting there is a very real danger to the health of not just every Man Woman and Child who ingests this poison, but to the World in which we live.

God forbid that the populace should discover the truth of what we eat and drink, someone might lose a fortune.

Those of you who intentionally tried to derail this thread should be ashamed of yourselves, it was presented as it was presented to the OP, that does not change the evidence that this poison is hurting even killing people by proxy (causing other illness)

People make mistakes, that was put right with other evidence, as asked for by those ripping the source, ok the source is not what it was described as, does that really change anything? really?

If your not interested, then don't respond, there are plenty of other threads, or was it a deliberate attempt to derail the subject, to steer people away from discovering facts for themselves? meaning, stopping the idea that a Government will feed you death to protect the Corporate coffers, therefore letting them go and do some research for themselves.

If you want to ingest Fluoride, then do so, but please don't try and deter the rest of us from discovering any truths which might effect my Family, and stop harm coming to them through lies and deceit, I can only talk for myself I am pretty sure I can find evidence elsewhere fast enough, all you have done is make my determination more of a bigger quest.

[edit on 5/8/2010 by azzllin]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Ok , I get it.

So what you all are saying then is that if I present an article from "Weekly World News" with pictures of Elvis eating a taco in the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago, the source shouldn't be a reasoning factor in dismissing the presented data within the article?

God I love ATS. You guys are way too much fun!

If you want me to seriously consider any presented data, then yes, the source of the data is of the utmost importance.

As far as fluoride in drinking water: why not trying to consult a scientific peer reviewed source that has extensively studied the effects on the safe limits of fluoride in drinking water (1.5 mg/L) like this: www.nap.edu... (warning its an actual BOOK, so you guys would have to read something more than an article or watch something on youtube)

BTW - I think this site has a motto or something about denying something or the other that might fit in well with this thread.

[edit on 5-8-2010 by misinformational]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Am I the only one that's confused about what the problem with the title of the thread is ?
''Australia TV'' - did this air on Australian TV or not ?

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by misinformational

Although TT are notorious for using questionable tactics, sensationalism and pandering to community fears and misconceptions they are only employing the same tactics employed by ALL commercial news and current affairs programs.

Although between ACA and TT they have certainly mastered the art.

This does not mean that all their reporting is false.
And they can indeed be a useful
tool, if you know how to use them.

I would never appear on such a show BUT they have helped me cut red tape.

I had a feral cat on my property and contacted council to have the abandoned and aggressive animal removed.
They promised to collect the animal.
They did not.I called and called the cat became thinner
meaner
ripping chunks off cats all over our street.
After yet another call they decided i could come collect a cage catch the animal myself and drop it off to them.
So,i called TT.They were interested in the story.They called council.
Within hours council called and had decided they would send the stray animal collection team over, he was removed 2 hours later.

If they HAD have done the story it would have been "Feral cats terrorizing neighborhoods,injuring your pets and council does nothing"
They would feature a concerned pet owner show casing fluffies injuries.Pan to the vet bill.Show the cat hissing and chasing other animals.A sad shake of the head.Even killing our native wild life.Pan to dead bird.

But it would have been true.
Dressed up, spat out.
But still true.
I have utilised them three times in total, all they had to do was make a call to a few other organisations expressing an interest in the specifics of my grief and it cut RIGHT through the BS.

[edit on 5-8-2010 by mumma in pyjamas]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join