It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google Indexing of ATS

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Perhaps someone with more search engine and indexing operation knowledge than I can answer my questions:

I've noticed that threads and posts made on ATS are both almost immediately indexed and searchable via Google - Is this typical? I would expect, with my limited SEO knowledge, that the Google crawler should take some time to index these pages.

Not only that - ATS threads are commonly returned as first page results on rather broad searches. Results are also suspect in that not only the threads are returned on queries, so are posts within threads relating to that particular search query.

Now for the fun - tinfoil hat on

Suppose that ATS is in bed with the powers that be - Perhaps then, ATS is a CIA front that is actively manipulating and/or swaying the ATS Sheeple discussions for the PTB benefit. And to ensure maximum effect, Google (now publicly co-sponsoring a suspect Internet project with the CIA *gasp*) is the middle-man to ensure that every post on ATS is instantaneously indexed, analyzed, and stored - All in the name of continuing the mass hallucinations...

I demand answers!

Regards,
just another Conspiracy Enthusiast

Edit to add note to Mods: I got carried away with that post. It really did start as a serious question... I've spent a lot of time on ATS today. Please don't hesitate to move thread at your discretion.

[edit on 3-8-2010 by misinformational]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
this thread is going to be deleted

they do that if you speculate something in any way

dont worry, they got your back

if that vigilante program is true, they have a profile to each one of us and a list of IP addresses there

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Faiol

I would really like to know more about how posts are indexed and searchable so quickly... The rest was just me having some fun!

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
The searches here are run through Google search, it even says "Google Custom Search" in that nifty little search box up top. Considering that, it makes sense to me that they get indexed as fast as they do.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
From my observation, and just as an observer, it is typical for google to crawl sites rather quickly. I use to read the news from google at a workplace that blocked a lot of isp's by just reading the cached versions of the pages.

Is google in line with the powers that, and a real life version of the brainspawn? maybe so...

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Jenna

Indeed that does stand to reason - Thanks! I would imagine that utilizing Google Search as your site's search tool would require some component of that Google Search tool to index. Although I would have guessed that was an internal function to the tool and not Google's actual Internet search engine - And that indexing of sites for Google's search engine was based on their crawler, not data obtained from the Google Custom Search tool... But, as stated, SEO is not my area of expertise.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Now for the fun - tinfoil hat on

Suppose that ATS is in bed with the powers that be -

i dont think there is much sex in that bed...
mostly bitchin & smoking

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by misinformational

Of course threads are going to be indexed quickly, especially with a site as large as above top secret. Why do you think news stories from websites like CNN get indexed so quickly?

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Faiol

Even worse: belowtopsecret!

Just kidding Mods

[edit] apparently this thread is still on ATS, not BTS - Don't worry, I'm confused too

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by NeutronAvenger

That's not very logical - Just because something seems to happen other places, doesn't justify it happening for ATS nor does it mean that it actually happens at those other places. Well unless of course you've got some technical knowledge regarding Google's crawling algorithms - and if so, please share! Inquiring minds and all that

So without some technical knowledge of such things: How do you know that pages like CNN are quickly indexed? Have you tested this concept? Just because it shows up in news.google.com doesn't mean that it didn't take 30min or so to index before the google counter tells you how long it's been available to Google News for however long.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Not very logical? Let me remind you of what you said in the opening post.

Suppose that ATS is in bed with the powers that be - Perhaps then, ATS is a CIA front that is actively manipulating and/or swaying the ATS Sheeple discussions for the PTB benefit.

Because of Above Top Secret's 5 million + visits a month, it is highly likely Googles spider crawls the site a lot longer and more in depth.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by NeutronAvenger

Hmm, so speculating after presenting my question voids the question altogether?

Perhaps we define logic differently?

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Suppose that ATS is in bed with the powers that be - Perhaps then, ATS is a CIA front that is actively manipulating and/or swaying the ATS Sheeple discussions for the PTB benefit.

Which Member might that be?

ATS is a Venue not a Platform ... She doesn't "Hold" nor "Express" Any particular View, Stance or Opinion. (?)

Her Voice, if you will
, is YOU ... the Members

Talk Hard!

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Forget about your question. I like the funny part of your thread.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
The more often websites are updated, the more often they get indexed. Websites are in a list to be crawled by the search engine bots and bigger websites with frequent updates get crawled more often than smaller websites that are updated rarely.

The search feature on this website is a custom search facility provided by Google as mentioned earlier. But on the main Google search engine they may take anywhere between 1 second and 1 month depending on how fast that particular page gets processed by the bots.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by 12m8keall2c

Ahhhhh I see - Ask some questions in the right direction and *poof* Site Administrator arrives, "Nothin' to see here folks, ATS is a community, if there's fault it's ours to share, move along, move along."

(tssss: 12m8k... I'm joking. BTW, your membername is a pain - I mean come on - something short or easily acronym'd)

edit: typos, yes plural

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by scottlpool2003

Someone actually answered my question, even tossed in with a bit of technical jargon (obviously correct then).

Kudos good sir, Kudos.

You'd have a star but I've been tossed below

edit: typo

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   

merely "want to make all to see" (?)

Step away from that tunnel day-to-day life affords

Consider the bigger picture ... in High-Def, even.

*letters & numbers guy*

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by 12m8keall2c

Your intent is refreshing and certainly welcome... I do hope you were able to see the humor within nearly every post regarding this thread - all in good fun!

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   
12m8kall2c has always been fair to me, and I'd like to think of him as a friend, but I agree, the name is a bit of a pain.

You should try saying it, meightkall??? WTHH?

I like the OP's original silly sentiment....
Unless it's not silly.

See, that's the problem, not with ATS, but with anonymity mixed with community.
For the most part, the topics that get discussed here are perfectly safe. Speculateable, if that's a thing... But every once in a while something, or someone dangerous becomes available. Sometimes the something dangerous is an idea.

If you've been here a while, you may have noticed a "surge" in our population in the last couple of years, also in our popularity, this is not a mistake. If you've been here a very long time, I reckon you know that populations fluctuate, as does traffic, however, I'd be willing to bet that "importance and influence" has never been higher. (Perhaps, also, "curiosity.")

The point is, there is value here. I've said it before, I'll probably say it again, Being an active member of ATS is like life, or psychotherapy, you pull out tonnes and tonnnes of rock for every diamond.

Anybody who thinks our posts are not being looked at by "TPTB" represents the most delusional segment of our community. Everybody is looking at everything, all the time... At places like this, they only look closer.

So, I'm afraid I must respectfully disagree, only slightly, with 12m8keall2c, when he says, "ATS doesn't hold or express any particular view, stance or opinion." This may be true, in the T&C, in the rules we all live by as members of this site, but there is an overall agenda to both the "business of being ATS" and to "the intentions of the community at large."

One can't be blamed for the former, this is just the way of the world, however, there are T&C that help determine what can and can't be said, can and can't be done. Therefore, as there are rules about what intentions we can and can't put into action, and as you have determined what those rules are, you do have a particular view, stance or opinion, in a certain way.

One also cannot take any real blame for the latter as these are the products of a community, working from within the guidlines of the system. However, this community, already has a particular viewpoint, we know what we're going to get when we come here, and for the most part, we get it. 95% haven't come here to pick a fight, we've come here to be part of something. Therefore, we "lean a certain way." Yes, we have cross section of opinion, but our opinion is all related by subject matter.

Our subject matter is controversy.

Of course we have an agenda.

Embrace it.

Vive l'ATS!

<<   2 >>

join