It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Karate Kid (2010)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I thought the 2010 Karate Kid movie was great. I have heard a lot of people saying it is not good, the acting is bad, it's long, it's boring... but I failed to find a fault. It is in no way at scene by scene remake of the original, but in my opinion, it is just as good with a more unique appeal.

I would rate The Karate Kid (2010) in second place after Inception as the movie of the year (so far). Great for kids 10 and up, however, at 2 hours long can be a little long for young ones.

Video Courtesy of Sony Pictures

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 03:38 AM
link   
I'm planning to see it when it comes our way.

I'm just a big flabbergasted that they would call a movie about kung fu, The Karate Kid, never mind the fact that there's another movie with the same name, which is actually about karate.... :shk:

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Its all about Mister Miagi and Daniel son. Wax on Wax off, paint the fence. Krane kick. Anything else can only be a poor imitation.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Lannock

I agree, but if they changed the name, people would be like "It's such a copy of the Karate Kid" or "They stole those idea's from the Karate Kid". Plus, The Kung Fu Kid kind of sounds a little odd, like Kung Fu panda.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Personally i thought it was better than the original, it was a great movie that made you laugh, cry, and kept you interested by throwing in some great fight scenes in there.. like any good martial arts movie.

it gets a 8/10 from me

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Yeah I agree with Falken, it had everything for me including spectacular scenery. It made me want to go buy the next ticket to China just to see the beauty of it.

I'll admit I shed a tear or 2 as well... never imagined Jackie Chan as such a dramatic actor.

It is obvious that the movie was made especially for Jaden Smith to be the star however he certainly did put in the effort learning all the karate moves and just the sheer fitness of it.

Great movie that I will probably buy when it's released on dvd.

[edit on 2/8/10 by damn_ummmm]

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I loved it.

Only when you can't separate the new from the old one, then it's nothing more then a remake.

People forget that it is for a new audience, who probably never have seen the original. By itself it is a great movie.

~ Sinter

new topics

top topics

join