It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is this weird thing appearing on my photos ??

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I have to agree with Tribewilder and DeltaGhostHunter in as much that there are many "paranormal" things we cannot explain... I myself experienced paranormal happenings in a house I used to live in, and it totally freaked myself and my (then 10 yr old) daughter out (as well as a few other friends who visited and experienced similar and different things to what we did)

At that time, digital cameras were expensive and I did not have any equipment with which to attempt to record any of these occurrences, but tbh I don't think I would have tried if I could, it is only hindsight that makes me wish I did have the facilities to have attempted to capture what was going on in that house (tho I daresay if I wait a couple of months the place will be up for rental again and I could always take a new tenancy...not...) we lived there for 4 years and a tenant in one of the adjoining cottages, who had been there for 35 years told us that we had stayed the longest, and since we have we left in 2006 the cottage has been let 4 times (the minimum lease is 6 months!)

I don't talk much about my experiences, though I will relate them on threads such as these from time to time, and the reason that I don't is because I know I will be pushed for proof, which I do not have and that skeptics will demand answers, heck I'm skeptical myself and have asked others to back up claims of fantastical things that have apparently happened, that they have made (some do so more research and concur and others accuse me of being a troll for doing so..) But unless I do have some tangible evidence or repeated identical accounts by numerous unrelated individuals of what was happening, then it simply comes to a personal perception. I know that whilst I can claim that I know 100% that I know what I believe happened in that cottage and what I believe the circumstances were, I know that posting on a forum such as this, will invite those who wish (quite rightly) to question my perception.

If only we could have a sequence of pictures/video that could be analysed professionally to prove beyond doubt that paranormal activity occurs and that it might begin to lead us in a new direction of what the secrets that our universe really holds, but until then, we sometime have to accept things have happened and not look to others to validate and explain what may have taken place, but to use the experience as a personal "step on the ladder" to a greater understanding and knowledge.

And I also agree that focusing too much on these events can have a detrimental effect on the mind, and leave you in a state of fear and anxiety, which you do not need to be in, as I do not believe that anything "from the other side" can harm us in any way in our current, physical world.

So chin up UK Today, I'm sure you'll be fine, no matter what was in your photos.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by uk today

I dont remember saying anything about a storm dorr urm....................... and you and your little friend both said that there is no glass door there. but now # the glass door it has been changed to a storm door so which is it? no glass or what u should just close this thread its actually really annoying people trying to pull fake # then keep changing the story.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   
This is what UK replied to my post

Have you read this thread ???

The glass door ??

What glass door ??

and now it has changed to that there is glass but there is not a storm door when no one said anything about a storm door, and that other picture u posted of that small ass door isnt even the same door as the original picture with the flashlight reflection in it

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   

You shouldn't need anyone to prove anything to you to be ok. Life is what you make it, so go as far down the rabbit hole you want to go. Or just calmly walk away from it. You always need to remember where the consensus of reality lies, but besides that, venture as far as you want in any direction. Technology is wierd and it will most likely explain the matter. But, thats not to say paranormal doesn't exist. Its out there, and you say you have experienced it, so you should have move on from this one by now, because you should have seen it by now. I have had many paranormal experiences. Many of which are indescribable, but, you have to clear your head, and relax. You cannot let things control your life, because as much as it may scare you, its only 1 billionth of 1 billionth of 1 billionth of what is real, and what is life. So just turn away and move on. We don't know everthing because not everything is something we wanna know.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   

I have been following this thread (before registering) and it has been quite interesting to read. I have no idea what has happened in these photos of yours, but consider that it may never be fully explained and if so, hopefully you will be able to let it go as something that will remain a mystery. Makes life a little more exciting to know that we cannot know, understand or explain everything.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mossboss16
and now it has changed to that there is glass but there is not a storm door when no one said anything about a storm door, and that other picture u posted of that small ass door isnt even the same door as the original picture with the flashlight reflection in it

A storm door is a glass door, at least where I come from. And I don't think it's changed at all -- there is no glass there according to uk today, she's been clear about that from the beginning. We can see that there is no glass door (or storm door, or whatever they call such things where you are) in the two photos of the doorway she's posted since.

And the door in this post is clearly the same door as the door in this post, which is clearly the same door as the one in the original picture.

You can see the red paint splotch, you can see the same "stained glass" panel in the door, you can see the same moldings on the door...

just to bump the info for people looking at the thread now, I posted the exif data from the photos that uk today's niece (I think it's the niece) emailed me today in this post. I don't think it's a huge help, since there's no info on whether or not there was a flash, or what the shutter speed and aperture was, but it's here.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   
you have a crumb on your lens, i bet you put your mobile down on a dining table of breakfast bar, then have done the same to the other phone whilst charging it or something.

Its an object on the lens, was a photo tech with Kodak in the UK for 8 years and see this a few times, if its not on the lens it will be floating about in the cover between the plastic cover over the lens and the lens itself.

Wee Mad Mental

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by americandingbat

K once i figure out how to post pictures on here ill post the 2 pics that i have with measurements of the first post and the new door, and one showing that there is obviously a reflection and the side of a door on the first post.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by americandingbat

I only see the "paint blotch" in the last picture she shows of just the door open at night. I don't see it in any other pictures.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Myendica

It's also on the one in this post of the door from the outside which Mossboss is claiming is a different door.

@Mossboss -- I don't think measuring the photos is going to help, there's an obvious lens distortion effect so the proportions aren't accurate.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   
UK if you are as upset as you say you are why aren't you seeking help from someone local on this issue? IMO this thread is going no where and you don't have any concrete answers as everyone seems to see and feel something different about the images and what you say. Time to hang it up for the good of yourself and ATS members. IMO

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by destination now

Thanks for your reply, especially as you've experienced paranormal activity yourself.

I have had many things that remain unexplained in my life, and most I just accept, because there are so many things that we just can't understand, that maybe we are just not meant to understand ?

Apart from these pics, there has only been one other thing in my life that has really spooked me out. I would dearly love to share this on the thread but feel it is something I need to contact an expert in the paranormal field about.

There is actually a member that has been recommended to me on this site, and I intend to message her in the next few days, because she may be able to answer some questions I have as to what exactly I may be dealing with here.

Take care and thanks again...

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mossboss16

I dont remember saying anything about a storm dorr urm....................... and you and your little friend both said that there is no glass door there. but now # the glass door it has been changed to a storm door so which is it? no glass or what u should just close this thread its actually really annoying people trying to pull fake # then keep changing the story.

Mossboss, the door has been a major issue in this thread, because many people on here believed the pic had been taken through glass.

I've posted pics of the back door open and the back door shut, to prove that no glass was involved.

Your attitude is quite confrontational and tbh, I can't be bothered to argue, especially on an issue that has been laid to rest with photographic evidence.

If the thread bothers you so much, then please just ignore it, don't bother with it. But myself, and quite a few other people that have followed this thread from the very beginning, want to at least see what the exif data reveals if nothing else.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Before you seek advise from any paranormal 'expert' please be aware that :

1. Paranormal is just that paranormal. The unexplained. It's not science. It's not been reviewed, tested and conclusively accepted as Fact. There has been no empirical evidence since the study of paranormal itself is beyond physics. There might be many factors suggested as what,when,how,why and where it is. But up to date none can be used as fact. The only closest thing we can at least try to answer is by logic.

2. Since the study of paranormal is beyond physics and no fact up to date, no one has professional credibility generally recognized as in any other fields. There is no certification and universal acceptance of such professionalism. Thus any 'expert' opinion is just that opinion. They don't have the position to verify that they may or may not be right.

3. Paranormal study itself is huge scope. It can be studied from various points of fields. Which fields is the best, I have no idea. However, if you are pursuing for spirit paranormal study, you might start by researching religion and their records for spirit since physician will dismissed religion and spirit outright. Any documented past and present spirit encounters might be helpful.

Good luck.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   
On a similar note, in terms of paranormal orbs around people, is this fake? I think it is, but I just stumbled upon it, and there isn't much said about it. just look.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   
It looks like a giant orange. Quit placing things in front of your lenses and making the picture all blurry. This isn't funny anymore guys!

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by EasternShadow

Thanks for that advice, I will heed it I promise.

It was actually just a question I was wanting to ask a paranormal expert about for the time being, relating to another phenomena that is occuring in my life, and in my daughters life now as well.

But thanks for all your advice ES, it is much appreciated.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Myendica

Interesting Myendica

Could it be ectoplasm ???

I'll be honest with you, if I hadn't experienced these pics, I would maybe think hoax ??? Which is why I can understand some members scepticism about this thread.

I dunno is the answer. I try to always stay open minded on everything really, because I've had a lifetime of strange events, from the age of 8 upwards, so to me personally I would take the stance that the pic could well be real, unless there was definitive proof it wasn't.

The thing that I am always highly suspicious of, in matters relating to paranormal phenomena being claimed to be the case, is if there is some financial gain from it.

Things like these stage show so called " psychics " that make thousands of pounds per night doing fake stage shows to vulnerable, emotional people.
Maybe some are genuine, but there are a lot of fakes out there that just exploit peoples need for answers.

Have you had time btw, to look at the exif data ?? Just wondered if anyone had found it useful yet ???

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jupiter Crashes
It looks like a giant orange. Quit placing things in front of your lenses and making the picture all blurry. This isn't funny anymore guys!

Okaaaaay !! So now I have to defend myself against faking this picture with a giant orange !!

Seriously its not a giant orange, or any sort of orange....or lollipop, or balloon, etc....

There was nothing placed over the camera lens either.

[edit on 8-8-2010 by uk today]

[edit on 8-8-2010 by uk today]

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   
The exifs are useless..

But uk, how is ectoplasm interesting and a reasonable explanation not?

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join