It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dirty Harry. (Harry Potter subliminal SEX messages)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I found this video pretty interesting. Seems most if not all the Harry Potter movie posters are chock full of the word "sex". It's amazing how people can pick up on this stuff. BTW, I checked the movie poster for Order of the Phoenix online, and sure enough they're really there, so no funny business as far as I could see, with that particular poster at least.

Peace

[edit on 27-7-2010 by Dr Love]

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
** Facepalm **

I think every movie poster does... Subliminal messages only work IF you notice them. As such not everybody does pick up on them as a studying psychologist a lot of this subliminal stuff is BS... It's only subliminal if you make it so...

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Very interesting find. I always wondered why the Harry Potter films got me so aroused.
Really though, this is interesting. I will be looking into this further. Thank you for the post. Who would be wanting to turn our kids into sex maniacs? Over population is already a terrible fact in our world today. I would really like to know the reasoning behind things like this.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Defintly very interesting but I think it's somewhat of a stretch--mainly because people don't pay nearly enough attention to these movie posters as they would need to to glean that message off of it. With that being said, I do believe that there is some type of subliminal messaging in effect with our television shows and live action movies--and I also think that some of the recent sci-fi films may be part of a larger "disclosure" campaign--there's alot more "ancient astronaut" and alien invasion media going out right now (History Channel's running an AA marathon today, the TV show "V", upcoming Battle of LA film) that may be trying to condition us for an upcoming disclosure.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love

The Harry Potter film franchise is the highest grossing film series of all time when not adjusted for inflation, with over $5.4 billion in worldwide receipts. - en.wikipedia.org...

Sex sells.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Surely, that cant be for real?
Excellent find if it is!
I cant believe the lengths marketing people will go to!
It really is crazy - extraordinary in fact.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by LiveForever8
reply to post by Dr Love

The Harry Potter film franchise is the highest grossing film series of all time when not adjusted for inflation, with over $5.4 billion in worldwide receipts. - en.wikipedia.org...

Sex sells.

Agreed.

But I saw this a different way.. A much less sinister way.
Through the whole presentation all I could imagine was a bunch of very childish advertising people snickering and giggling over where they could put the word 'sex' into a poster.

I mean really? The word 'sex'? Seems a little bit 'scribbled-on-your-classmate's-textbook' doesn't it?

[edit on 27/7/10 by FunnyLittleFrog]

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Hahahaha, amazing find.

I guess it is true when they say that sex sells.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Interesting. My first reaction is similar to the poster just above. That marketing/artists/whomever are having some childish fun at the expense of the public. I highly doubt that these subliminals are having any direct effect on the populace.

*Wasn't there something about this in Disney as well? Little Mermaid comes to mind...

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
here is what came to my mind:
greek mythology, nymphs. spirits or deities that are responsible for fertility. i reckon these kind of beings are still around, with other names.
their aim is to make humans sexualy mature. but that only works as an ignition, it wont bother children that are far away from sexual maturity.

look at this picture:

if you see dolphins, you are either not sexual matured or never had sex.

if you see lovers, you probably are sexual matured.

so, i wouldnt worry letting children see these movies, but if they are teenagers that are short before becoming sexual mature, these kind of stuff could trigger or accelerate sexual maturing.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
These are really funny. Almost all of those weren't even there, until they were created by the one making the video. A lot of the others are simply or mind playing tricks like finding faces in everything. I've been in the entertainment/movie industry for several years, and I assure you, any "subliminal" messaging of such an immature nature is strictly by chance or artists who can't think of anything but sex. But it can also be like the lion king "sex" scandal. I worked with Sam Ewing, a lead art diector for lion king, who explained it to me... If you watch it a little closer, and get your own minds away from "sex" you will notice that in the clouds, it says SFX. which stands for SPECIAL EFFECTS. (not implying this is the case, just to prove that what we see isn't what is always there. )

So, while I don't doubt that sublminal messaging is real and used, i think this is an idiot looking too hard and letting their own corrupt subsoncious direct their eyes. And if the numbers were really about the hidden message, don't you think the crappy chick flicks with small clips of sex scenes in their commecials would make more money? That's a much more direct form of messaging, which has been PROVEN to be more effective than subliminal.

HOWEVER, the naked chick in Rescuers Down Under is REAL! but, that's after you pay for the movie. Seriously though, it's just horny, bored, underpaid artists.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by icepack

I'm desperately trying to see the dolphins.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Silver Star

It took me a while, but i finally saw them. I would like to test it out on a child though and see what they come up with. yeah, the dolphins were hard to make out though.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
As I watched this,I saw nothing and then the creator of the video highlights the "sex" in the image. Then the highlight is dimmed back down, but not all the way; thus giving the false appearance that we missed the obvious (or subliminal) "sex" in the image.

However, after watching the highlighting and then the dimming, rewind to before it was ever highlighted. Obviously you can see where the person saw this, but it is also clear that they are stretching their imagination, in much the same way as folks do when they see things in the clouds.

My 2-cents

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silver Star
Surely, that cant be for real?
Excellent find if it is!
I cant believe the lengths marketing people will go to!
It really is crazy - extraordinary in fact.
I call hoax...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/59431d71baca.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/544711bf9240.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/abc5d11e935a.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/95d42fb63d4a.jpg[/atsimg]

We can believe anything is in any image once someone has pencilled it in for us... Just look at my map of Washington DC!
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f1cd6502d9d6.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by sniknej

Yep, ive got it now.

But im not sure i'd want to show this picture to children and ask their opinion on it!

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silver Star
reply to post by icepack

I'm desperately trying to see the dolphins.

Me too! Lol.
Alas, I cannot.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xiamara
** Facepalm **

Subliminal messages only work IF you notice them.

Subliminal messages are not supposed to be consciously noticed and perceived on a subconscious level without you even realizing it.

They are supposed to work below the threshold of our conscious perception.

If you are consciously aware of the message then it isn't subliminal.

- Lee

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by JoshNorton

Really?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/08925b7cb03a.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on Tue, 27 Jul 2010 16:17:50 -0500 by Silver Star]

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love

How about 500 ATS points for the first one to find the subliminal "ATS" in any of those images?

I'm certain it's in each of those images. All we have to do is use a little imagination.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join