It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

H.R. 5741: Mandatory 2 year Service to Federal Government

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

I think you might have just asked the million dollar question...Will this be enough to send us over the edge? or will we just roll over for our "masters"? I got my plan, what about you?

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Section31

Obama's worshipers have no one else to blame but themselves. Maybe some pain will be a good thing. It will teach people to think before voting.

You know not only is this little ditty getting old, but it doesn't have a firm leg to stand on. It's like saying - 'Wow, all you who voted for Obama should kick yourselves in the butt because you were not ---> PSYCHIC!'

People were lied to. Mislead. Baldfaced lied to. I'm not going to kick them in the teeth for having HOPE. Especially after the Bush fiasco.

If a friend of yours took their ailing infant to a doctor, believed in what the doctor said, but the child died anyway, would you tell your friend 'Hey, you get what you deserve for believing that doctor?'...

Well I hope you wouldn't.

The same applies.

ON TOPIC with serving the Government - if people would put their fear of accountability by the wayside for a moment you might see this probably would be the greatest thing that could happen to the 'youth' of the USA.

In my opinion most kids are completely out of control, out of touch and need something to give them a little backbone, some personal satisfaction in a job well done (even if they're forced to do it) and some PRIDE in themselves. Something lacking overall in today youth, IMO.

I really believe you'd see a huge change in the young people of America if this 'service' were implemented.

peace

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
reply to post by Section31

I really believe you'd see a huge change in the young people of America if this 'service' were implemented.

The only problem is that we're talking about a portion of the youth, who need guidance from a law that targets 18 - 42-year olds.

Still goes against Liberty. It's a humans right to choose ignorance, laziness, slovenly attitudes... etc, love it or hate it.

[edit on 7/27/2010 by eNumbra]

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Minnesota State Constitution

ARTICLE I
BILL OF RIGHTS

Section 1. OBJECT OF GOVERNMENT. Government is instituted for the security, benefit and protection of the people, in whom all political power is inherent, together with the right to alter, modify or reform government whenever required by the public good.

ANYONE, anyone understand the above quote, directly from the Minnesota State Constitution? Anyone?

I see more communists on this site than I ever have in my life. NEVER does there need to be a 2 year or any years of service TO the country. Your service is your patriotism to NOT let government over run the common man.

THIS and this alone is what is wrong with this nation. Some, some people feel the need to get everyone involved in THEIR cause. WRONG.

Freedom IS free, it is what YOU make it. I take my freedom seriously and I DO WHAT I CAN to keep it that way. I don't need any of you telling me or my children that they must "serve" the nation to be a patriot or an inhabitant. BS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THERE DOES NOT NEED to be standing armies. The Militia is just that, for the protection of each State, which are BTW, individual countries within the greater nation. That is why each state has it's own legislature and governor.

Soooooo many people have no clue how it was designed to work.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   
good. it's about time all of you soft pasty little cry babies actually got up off your collective butt's and actually earned the rights that you whine about losing daily. a little vigorous exercise and public service should toughen up those soft liberal hands you use to wipe your runny little nose with.

here's how this works...the time of claiming citizenship in this great county by right of birth is now done. we have progressed back to the age of real men whereby you are required to actually contribute something more to society than your presence.

it's like starship troopers sans the bugs...do you want to be a civilian with the same rights as a resident alien, or do you want to be a citizen that takes the future of your society, country, family, and yourself into your own hands.

it also comes as no surprise the intensity with which you claim you will fight back against this measure. it's been my experience that "people" will place far more effort into doing as little as possible in order to avoid doing half the work.

this country was and will be great again if we have to drag all you lazy, self righteous, self important, self entitled little girls across the threshold by the your little pony tails.

i do not support this government or the one prior. i do support and have served my country. it's time to either put up or move to france little girls.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by daddio
reply to post by silo13

Minnesota State Constitution

ARTICLE I
BILL OF RIGHTS

Section 1. OBJECT OF GOVERNMENT. Government is instituted for the security, benefit and protection of the people, in whom all political power is inherent, together with the right to alter, modify or reform government whenever required by the public good.

ANYONE, anyone understand the above quote, directly from the Minnesota State Constitution? Anyone?

" the people, in whom all political power is inherent," The people have the power not the government.

"together with the right to alter, modify or reform government whenever required by the public good."

From the Declaration of Independence:

"That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. That whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shown that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such government, and to provide new guards for their future security."

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
This will never happen: Slavery is illegal. The government cannot restrist our liberty and place us in involuntary servitude just because we happen to be born here. My 18 year old son would rather lay in a jail cell for 2 years rather than work in the hot sun for nothing, guaranteed.

I would predict that is this horrible thing actually happened, there would be such an outcry that it would be done away with soon. The rich people, the ones whose kids never go to war, will not allow their kids to be swept away into slavery, and most middle class people will revolt also.

The poor? Haha!! Let the scummy Feds go into the inner city and try and collect warm bodies for ' service" ! They would find themselves shot dead fast. Ghetto areas are full og gangsters who would rathe die than submit to some friggin program...its a laugh!!

Can you imagine trying to find prison space for all the millions of people who refuse to be made a slave? Masses of people will reject the service demands and instead choose the penalties, and to enforce it all would cost billions of dollars...all a bad idea.

This a communistic, horrid and illegal idea...taking people and enslaving them against their will to laor for nothing...it deserves a riot every time and whoever came up with the idea needs to be shaken so hard his teeth fall out.

Shame on anyone who supports slavery!!

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
now I see why they got so work’t up about not being about to pay the unemployed.
“what do we do with them all? draft them!”

and now a draft? dont they do that just after it starts or before a WAR!
god help america, god help us all.
but no one will.
we will just Die...

[edit on 27-7-2010 by buddha]

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I am pretty sure my husband and I BOTH would die fighting something like this.

I've already wrote my congressman. Always try to use the right process, but to me, this is a moral injustice that I will not have my children think that I bow down to willingly.

I don't think it will come to that because I don't think the US will stand for it. EVER.

BUT - here's the big BUT

WHy was this even introduced? WHAT AMERICAN would even have the nerve to introduce some crap like this?

Israel might do it, but that doesn't mean it's ok for it to happen here. No one's got time for this crap.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by daddio

freedom IS NOT free. your rights come to you because somebody somewhere picked up a gun and killed another man so that you could be "free". your rights and freedoms dont come from god. they come from the muzzle of a gun, and from the men and women willing to fight and die for them. your freedoms and rights come from the constitution, for which many people have fought and died to defend.

this country was founded on something called the "social contract". in order to have the peace, freedom, and security from others, we come together and voluntarily form and submit to the gov for these things. if you dont like the government, or the idea of a government, look to somalia which has no government to see your alternative.

now, our form of government may be imperfect, not because of the idea but because of the people involved. dont like the way the gov is going, get involved and vote them out.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Seriously do you people even bother look into anything before you begin your crazy time rants about slavery, working in the sun, drafts and all the other ranting and crying I see here. Does anyone even know the history of this bill or why the same guy trots it out every few years and then even he does not vote for it? Every so often I see a voice of reason and then it is quickly drown by massive amounts of stuf like: its time to rebel, I have a plan and we will never stand for this crap. First of all the bill was first put forward in 2003. So ever single person that mentioned Obama and whatever crazy scheme you think this links him can feel a little foolish. The poiint of this bill and many other bills that are put forward are not be passed. They are crafted to do two things grab attention and create debate on an issue. This thread and the people in are clear indication that such bills work. Its ironic that the people who claim to not fall for the Goverments agenda are in fact the first people to react exactly as they were intended to. Thats right you are doing what they want you to. Oh, thats has got to hurt.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by hadriana
I am pretty sure my husband and I BOTH would die fighting something like this.

I've already wrote my congressman. Always try to use the right process, but to me, this is a moral injustice that I will not have my children think that I bow down to willingly.

I don't think it will come to that because I don't think the US will stand for it. EVER.

BUT - here's the big BUT

WHy was this even introduced? WHAT AMERICAN would even have the nerve to introduce some crap like this?

Israel might do it, but that doesn't mean it's ok for it to happen here. No one's got time for this crap.

it was introduced by a democrat that thinks he owns your kids.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by stormson

Our rights do come from god or from simply being human if you prefer. They are only defended and taken at the muzzle of a gun. The constitution does not give us our rights, it simply provide a map of our rights so that the Government knows where it is and isn't safe to trod.

ANYONE who would impose mandatory service on anyone is an enemy of the rights of humans and is talking about slavery.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I see a lot of posts on this talking about how this is like the Nazi youth program and other Hitler-ish references.

The only problem with those is that Obama has no nationalistic pride/ambition.

He is trying to reduce our nationalism and reduce our ambition. He wants to par us to the world.

So i think we're seeing a new breed of animal here... not sure what the end goal really is right now other than control.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by SWCCFAN

this doesn't surprise me. they must be scraping the barrel to find some powers that aren't already covered by previous executive orders - seems to me that the us admin already have all laws in place to remove every right the common man has, and to to take full control of every aspect of everything that matters. freedom?? f*%k off, don't make me laugh.. actually, it ain't funny....

THE NEW WORLD ORDER IS HERE, NOW....

f%$k the government, f£*k the politicians, f_*k the police, f%!k the rulers, the haters, the killers, f^^k the f@&kin lot of them.

PLUR for ever

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Rangel proposed this in 2003. When it was voted on, only two members voted for it, and 402 members voted against it.

In 2006 Rangel proposed it again, and Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi rejected the proposal.

Honestly. This isn't going ANYWHERE. The Democrats don't want anything to do with it either.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by eNumbra
reply to post by stormson

Our rights do come from god or from simply being human if you prefer. They are only defended and taken at the muzzle of a gun. The constitution does not give us our rights, it simply provide a map of our rights so that the Government knows where it is and isn't safe to trod.

ANYONE who would impose mandatory service on anyone is an enemy of the rights of humans and is talking about slavery.

your rights come from god? which god? please show me where your god came down and gave them to you. if your rights are god based, then why can they be taken from you? i dont think that the north koreans, or those that follow shiria law, share your view that god has your back. your rights didnt even exist until they were written down, and then voted on, in the constitution. by the way, the constitution is based more on pagan greece and roman, which had many gods, not one of which granted humanity any rights. even then man knew that if he wanted freedom, he had to take it, form a government to protect it, and die to defend it.

therefore, your rights comes from the guns of the military.

[edit on 27-7-2010 by stormson]

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
This is similar to the civil service law in Mexico.
In Mexico, university education is free to all (who have someone to feed them during their education) with ONE caveat... that the graduate agrees to work for the Mexican government civil service for 2 years.

[edit on 27-7-2010 by seataka]

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I truely agree with all of you. If anybody has seen the obama deception then you know its true about H.R. 5741. Rahm Emanual said himself in the obama deception that anyone ages 18 to 42 will have do 6 months of military training and serve as a civilian police force. I myself will not be going nor will my son. I,will fight to the end.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by stormson
your rights come from god? which god? please show me where your god came down and gave them to you. if your rights are god based, then why can they be taken from you? i dont think that the north koreans, or those that follow shiria law, share your view that god has your back. your rights didnt even exist until they were written down, and then voted on, in the constitution. by the way, the constitution is based more on pagan greece and roman, which had many gods, not one of which granted humanity any rights. even then man knew that if he wanted freedom, he had to take it, form a government to protect it, and die to defend it.

therefore, your rights comes from the guns of the military.

My rights come from being Human. Living on this earth and simply existing.

I.e. from being created.

In other words god or being human. The right to liberty is inborn in every man woman and child on this earth. Don't simply dismiss the idea because of the word god and your programmed reaction to the word. The rights have always existed, before the founding fathers waged war against King George. Before the first democracies. We could certainly argue whether or not something exists if no one knows about it, but your military's guns have never protected anyone whose rights were trampled by bully cops. The military's guns didn't help us when the government outlawed alcohol and they didn't repeal the prohibition.

And even now, as the federal reserve and banking cartel destroys America, the guns of the military act at THEIR behest, destroying nations that were propped up by the American government in the first place.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join