It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you know what's inside your Coca Cola?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 11:28 PM
link   
I just came across this great article from stumble upon. This is truly shocking to read what you're actually drinking in your Coca Cola. Please share your thoughts on this article.
arch1design.com...

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Good find OP! I'm glad I gave up soda a long time ago.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   
The health benefits from drinking juice/water/other good drinks for you over pop is astounding.

I still have the occasional soda...maybe on average 3-5 cans a week?

Better than what I used to do...that in a day.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Coke is nasty stuff. I don't know exactly why but i have noticed in the past if i drink coke i would get welts or boils on my face and neck, within hours , of drinking it. I don't drink soda at all for the most part, maybe a sip if my wife gets one @ T-Bell. Instead of drinking soda, rockstar, red bull, I get water in gallon jugs. I drink on average about a gallon a day. I have acually noticed an increase of energy and I feel cleaner, like when i sweat when I excercise i dont feel as nasty and gross like i did when i was drinking carbonated beverages.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   
After 1904, instead of using fresh leaves, Coca-Cola started using "spent" leaves — the leftovers of the coc aine-extraction process with coc aine trace levels left over at a molecular level.[31] To this day, Coca-Cola uses as an ingredient a coc aine-free coca leaf extract prepared at a Stepan Company plant in Maywood, New Jersey.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 12:10 AM
link   
I remember back in High school or maybe it was my freshman year in college [I should remember this I'm not that old yet
]. There was a slogan that went by "Coca-Cola can't hide their crimes in [insert latin american country] I believe it was either Mexico or South America that they stated.

I think High school because back in High School my school would do two trips down to Mexico. One to help the poor and the second was to protest.

Either way I don't drink as much coke occasionally I would in the past when eating a pizza or a sub from Subway. Now I'm onto Sprite, Mountain Dew and some an energy drink if it isn't to late. I still feel like I never went from one bad drink to a good, but rather a bad to another that could quite possibly be equally as bad.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

I love my coca cola, I am glad I buy it in US production, but to be honest if it said causes cancer on the bottle I would probably still drink it, with my cigarette.

I have cut down though, I used to drink coke all day long, now only once a day if even that.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by space cadet

Well I cut out all Sodas about two months ago.
I drink more water and juices. I feel better and have lost a few pounds. I refuse to drink diet drinks

Win Win situation

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

I backed WAAAAAY off of cokes after a few weeks back I got a kidney stone.

Ladies, if child birth were up to men, there wouldnt be any funny business EVER AGAIN!

I'm kinda like some of the other posters. My sweat does feel "cleaner".

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by coldfiremx
Coke is nasty stuff. I don't know exactly why but i have noticed in the past if i drink coke i would get welts or boils on my face and neck, within hours , of drinking it. I don't drink soda at all for the most part, maybe a sip if my wife gets one @ T-Bell. Instead of drinking soda, rockstar, red bull, I get water in gallon jugs. I drink on average about a gallon a day. I have acually noticed an increase of energy and I feel cleaner, like when i sweat when I excercise i dont feel as nasty and gross like i did when i was drinking carbonated beverages.

I wish I could kick the habit. I've done it a few times but always relapse, and I always feel better after I've been off it for a while. I also agree with the feeling cleaner. Cutting out high-fat foods will do that, too. I've heard that vegetarians don't have the BO issues that meat-eaters do.

Did you know vegetarian farts smell like freshly-mown grass? You do now.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 07:39 AM
link   
i kicked the habit a few years back,when i saw what it did to a dirty penny.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by choprider
i kicked the habit a few years back,when i saw what it did to a dirty penny.

Put that dirty penny in a glass of juice and it will do the same. That said, I do need to quit drinking that garbage.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I already know all this and I'm never gonna stop drinking it until I want to

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   
I stopped drinking soda a week ago and will never touch that garbage in my life again.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   
so except for humans and some domesticated animals every single creature on the planet drinks only water........doesn't that speak volumes?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   
So the Coke syrup was added to contaminated water in India.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   
I'll stick with my coffee.

Coffee: The New Health Food?

Want a drug that could lower your risk of diabetes, Parkinson's disease, and colon cancer? That could lift your mood and treat headaches? That could lower your risk of cavities?

If it sounds too good to be true, think again.

Coffee, the much maligned but undoubtedly beloved beverage, just made headlines for possibly cutting the risk of the latest disease epidemic, type 2 diabetes. And the real news seems to be that the more you drink, the better.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I was a shift supervisor for a licensed bottler of Coca Cola, which was owned by a the family of a famous Canadian sports figure.

The telling Image that is burned into my brain was after moving a pallet of
product with a fork truck, I looked down to see a mouse caught in a small spill of syrup which is added to the carbonated water to make the Coke.

The mouse was half dissolved to the point of being an upper torso only and was still trying to detach itself from the little puddle it was trapped in.

I put it out of its misery and have never touched a drop of cola since.

[edit on 24-7-2010 by Danbones]

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   
yea it tells me that the other animals havent found a way to get coke yet lol.
my god people did any one even read the article?
they were finding parts per billion acording to them theres much much worse in freash fruit .
Experts said the levels found were LOW under the maximum residue levels allowed for FRUIT, but they were ‘very high’ and ‘up to 300 times’ the figure permitted for bottled water.
read slowlyyyyyyyyyyy i know its hard but try fruit has MUCH MUCH MUCH more then coke better never eat another apple again .

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
I was a shift supervisor for a licensed bottler of Coca Cola, which was owned by a the family of a famous Canadian sports figure.

The telling Image that is burned into my brain was after moving a pallet of
product with a fork truck, I looked down to see a mouse caught in a small spill of syrup which is added to the carbonated water to make the Coke.

The mouse was half dissolved to the point of being an upper torso only and was still trying to detach itself from the little puddle it was trapped in.

I put it out of its misery and have never touched a drop of cola since.

[edit on 24-7-2010 by Danbones]

theres no way that happened that quick

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join