It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Censored Gulf news: People bleeding internally, millions poisoned says 'EPA whistleblower'

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   
The EPA is doing the same thing it did on 9/11 when the buildings came down, saying that the air quality is okay in order to get business and the stock market up and running and making it look like everything is normal. The crabs fighting to get out of the water on the dock is what disturbed me, even the wildlife knows that the water is poison. The dispersed oil along with the corexit is so spread out that it's making the water look tinged like the rainbow. The oil may not be there in big clumps, but poisons and the minute oil droplets are still in the water and on the bottom of the ocean killing the wildlife. We have people working in it, swimming and playing in it, and also if you could believe this being allowed to fish in it after the govt. opened up 1/3 of the closed fishing areas because oil is getting harder to find (so it must be safe).

We are going to have tens of thousands if not a millions of people getting illnesses and cancers because of what they have been allowed to do because the govt. said the air quality and the water quality was okay. And to think that fish and crabs and other wildlife would be safe to eat because you can't see that much oil is naive to the point of them knowing it's can kill people. Those fish and wildlife that will be caught would have swimmed in the toxic soup. And so they would have ingested it and also had it absorbed into their tissues. The fish are either going to smell funny and/or taste funny.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sri Oracle

A sobering report circulating in the Kremlin today from President Medvedev’s meeting with other World leaders at the G8 summit in Muskoka, Ontario states that President Obama has warned his counterparts that the Gulf of Mexico oil disaster “will most likely kill millions, perhaps tens of millions” of people during the coming year.

Hasn't this statement been attributed to:

SORCHA FAAL

ATS HOAX FORUM:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Are there legitimate elements of the OP intermixed with FAUX news?

It seems to me that the OP needs to be either restated without reference to the unsubstantiated SORCHA FAAL claims or the OP in its entirety becomes tainted.

It seems to me the "examiner" article is bonafide.

Sri Oracle

[edit on 23-7-2010 by Sri Oracle]

Agreed.

I was under the impression ATS had better moderation than this.

This article is nonsense, and the OP coming back and claiming they are merely re-posting info is nonsense. This is yet another thread with a sensational headline that once proven nonsensical, is not retracted.

Sensational fear mongering for the sake of the Ego, not truth.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   
These type of health related concerns are going to be magnified when a hurricane comes into the gulf.

This is a current video link about how the incoming hurricane could push oil and deadly gases ashore during a hurricane surge.

Various hurricanes have been modeled by various weather agencies to simulate inland affects from storm surge. This video link is a good example of how various types of hurricanes could affect how the oil and deadly gases are carried inland.

It shows some areas of note that should be of importance to those that live in areas modeled to be impacted by such an oil and gas surge inland.

A study of these hurricane simulations should be viewed a few times to get the true level of impact that could be done to the coast line of those along the gulf should a hurricane make land in a number of geographically different locations.

Take a look it's a decent video with enough technical data to allow anyone to see just what is coming our way. How it will impact the health of many will be no doubt magnified by any storm surge. Take a look. It runs only a small amount of time. It was posted 07/22/10 so it is current.

Thanks for the posting.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   
All I can say is what I said already, if the weather channel people took the time today to talk about concerns of what the oil mix with dispersant could do once in the coast or beaches, then somebody is very concern and nobody can truly say that the substance is safe, but just the ones that are using it and the ones that makes it.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
All I can say is what I said already, if the weather channel people took the time today to talk about concerns of what the oil mix with dispersant could do once in the coast or beaches, then somebody is very concern and nobody can truly say that the substance is safe, but just the ones that are using it and the ones that makes it.

Actually, the manufacturers are pretty clear about the levels of toxicity of their product. It's on the label after all.

who has claimed corexitt is 'safe'? i have yet to see that anywhere. Unless something is being taken out of context??

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Aristophrenia

Not sure where you get your information, but the last big report I heard was that Obama was made aware that the situations were not safe and that they wanted to stop drilling temporarially to beef up precautions and safety equipment to keep this type of thing from happening. Obama admin over ruled the situation and said everything needed to continue. Did not want a break in the $$. Not to say that Bush was an innocent man, but this on is on Obama.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Thanks very much for the stats - I too wonder what an update would produce.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by justadood

I would like to see the warning label on Corexitt.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   

It is amazing that the comments being made to help aid in the denial of any potential health risks are being starred, and then the GREAT posts by some very intelligent people are going unanswered.

I am with Family tonight but will check out the much appreciated links either later tonight or tomorrow after my chores.

I am so concerned about the people of this Country and of South America as well as China as we are all in the same confounded mess.

Thankyou all for your shared interest in this thread and of it's obvious energy patterns.

People are not interested in the truth and that is why tptb choose to treat us all with this level of disrespect, they think we are all idiots and cannot handle the truth.

Truth, what a shame.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Unfortunately Antar those stats are not only incorrect due to being well past June but they are completely inaccurate due to BP workers must report to BP controlled health clinics. This was mentioned in the July 15th Dispersant Hearing……………

I did start a thread on this which just got lost in the BP maze here on ATS………..But I do suggest everyone listening to the 37 minute segment that I am posting here……..

www.c-spanarchives.org...

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazydaisy
reply to post by justadood

I would like to see the warning label on Corexitt.

it is posted on one of the 'ZOMG! Corexitt is bad for you!' threads.

i'll take a look for it if you will too

edit: here ya go:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6a3416afa2d3.jpg[/atsimg]

www.abovetopsecret.com...

So, again, can someone provide me the people who are saying corexitt is totally benign? I have yet to see that claim here, or anywhere else.

but have fun with those straw men!

[edit on 23-7-2010 by justadood]

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar

It is amazing that the comments being made to help aid in the denial of any potential health risks are being starred, and then the GREAT posts by some very intelligent people are going unanswered.

And it is amazing to me that you think people who use logic and careful, reasoned skepticism are denying there are health risks and that you and others seem determined to claim anyone who doesnt agree with everything you post are somehow your enemy.

Not everyone here is looking for an echo chamber. The posts that call out the sensationalism get stars, because a lot of intelligent people lurk and read and contemplate and cross-check, while the drama queens post fallacious headlines.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

I fly back to my home in Florida on Tuesday. I live 25 mins from the Gulf. If I see or hear anything regarding this I'll let everyone here know.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starbug3MY
I have not trusted the CDC for several years now and the FDA will do what the feds tell them to do. Also, don't trust the web-site called WEB MD because they assume that you are stupid and spoon-feed you only what they want you to know. As far as I know, the Mayo Clinic and several universities have research papers that you can get information from.

Couldn't agree more. Any pharma or AMA sponsored website is the devil. I stopped trusting the CDC and FDA a couple years ago, and it was cemented by their questionable practices during the swine flu hoax. And it truly surprises me that the WHO have not chimed in on this. It's a sad state of affairs. God help us all.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by marsvoltafan74
reply to post by antar

I fly back to my home in Florida on Tuesday. I live 25 mins from the Gulf. If I see or hear anything regarding this I'll let everyone here know.

My brother and his kids live just north of Tampa, and a few days ago he told me they've found oil at Denton Beach and Crystal River. If it gets bad at crystal river, they may have to shut down the nuke plant which will kill power to over a million homes. Can't run a cooling pool in a reactor if it has combustibles or oil in it.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Good post. It's truly saddening that these things are happening to innocent people. Unfortunately Obama knows the deal, and won't tell US but he'll tell other countries. He's probably right that it will kill a million people this year (only 6 months left), and tens of million more within ten years from short/long term illness from the exposure. That CorExit is nasty stuff. It has been dissolving lubricants and paint, and boat hulls already and it is known to cause really bad health problems including damage to the immune system.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by DrJay1975

I find it extremely funny that these folks choose to ignore those of us who live down here. We've been to the beaches along the gulf coast. I guess the truth isn't what they want to hear.

The truth doesn't sell papers. What a shame.

Ridin

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ridin2live

Well wasn't it DrJay if my memory is correct the poster from N.O. that rebutted the fact that a media blackout which is now nothing new for CNN to report now days was occuring down in Grand Isle.........saying that the press had free access to the oil spill???

So I am to assume by your post that the beaches all up and down the gulf are good to go???

Just curious...

[edit on 23-7-2010 by Cloudsinthesky]

[edit on 23-7-2010 by Cloudsinthesky]

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   
So I wonder if China is using Corexit for their spill too. (I'm not saying it is, but...) What if this might be about depopulation tactics? Obama says that "millions may die" due to the spill and its subsequent cleanup and in truth, the particulate levels of the mix of oil and dispersant are toxic. Now China has a hardcore spill and, most likely, use a dispersant as well. Will we be seeing a rapid outbreak of spill-related illnesses there?

Just speculating here.

One thing that really makes me wonder, though, is: Are any of these harmful particulates from the oil/dispersants going to blow North from the Gulf onto our corn/grain belt as Bonnies winds push into land?

Again, just speculating.

I'm only kinda worried about the future...

Cuhail

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Cloudsinthesky

I can't speak for all the beaches along the gulf coast, but I have been from the Florabama to Grand Bay (from the east end of Alabama, on the beach, to the west end) in search of ecological damage and found none.
I'm not the only local posting the same findings here.

I'm just saying that I beleive the mainstream media is blowing this thing waaay out of proportion because it gets ratings. Let's face it the news has been slow lately. There's only so much political mud slinging people will watch.

God knows I hope I don't live to eat these words because this is my home.

Ridin

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join