It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is BP's new cap is on the wrong well?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
First I had a friend send me this video:

After I watched it I did a little research. The Position of the Well Head is 28° 44′ 11.86″ N, 88° 21′ 57.59″ W (28.736628, -88.365997)

Location Source

So I went to www.marinetraffic.com... and took a screen shot.

The Black "X" is the approx. location of the well head.

The Discovery Enterprise is nowhere near the well head.

Remember this?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/78279d35a4e2.jpg[/atsimg]

The leaning BOP of BPiza?

Live ROV Feeds

Is the new cap on the well head at an angle?

I don't think so.

Why in the heck would BP and the USCG allow the cover up? It would make sense for BP as the EPA fines by the Barrel, But the USCG should tell the truth Right?

I don't have a screen shot of the new cap so if some one would be kind enough to post it or U2U the URL to me include in the OP I would appreciate it.

Any Thoughts?

[edit on 22-7-2010 by SWCCFAN]

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   
My thought: Not surprised. There's a TON of evidence now that the whole crisis resolution of this horror is a sham. The GOM and it's residents continue to be in grave danger.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   
BP are notorious liars. When BP speak, one can be certain that they are not telling the whole truth.

If they capped the wrong well, it would be because the Deepwater could not be capped not because they are idiots.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Not sure if you've seen it but in the top left of the display is the Lat/Lon of the ROV. Compare with the position of the well.

You might need a different frame - it is hard to see the latitude in the still capture you have.

[edit on 22-7-2010 by mirageofdeceit]

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by mirageofdeceit

yeah i saw it looking online for a conversion formula to convert it WGS 84

I remeber watching the new cap being put on the wellhead but it was not leaning.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   
The location of enterprise, which is indeed no where near the Deepwater Horizon is approx, in lat and lon: 28.7456N by 088.3482W. Right clicking the map and viewing the image enlarges it. The lat and lon for Deepwater (according to the X) is 28.7360N by 088.3665W.

So if nothing is leaking there, then why has there been a cap in the water all this time. Mind you this is the type of cap, or similar, that they had on Deepwater that was sucking oil to the tankers. This is NOT the cap that is currently on Deepwater.
EDIT: Did a bit more research: The Enterprise vessel is approximately 1.2 nautical miles from Skandi:

Now the question we must ask and research is: what well is near that location? If it is of any interest, I do not have a screen shot though, Viking Poseidon was surveying a well about a week or so ago. The well head said 'Kepler'. Here is a link about it:

Na Kika Oil and Gas Fields, Gulf of Mexico, USA. The Na Kika field extends over Missisipi Canyon blocks 474, 429, 657, 607, 522, 520, 383 in the Gulf of Mexico, approximately 140 miles south-east of New Orleans, Louisiana, US. It has recoverable reserves of 300 million barrels of oil equivalent and a production rate of around 110,000bpd oil and 500 million cubic feet of gas a day.

It originally consisted of five independent oil and gas fields – Kepler, Ariel, Fourier, Herschel and E Anstey.

We need to see what the location of this well is in lon and lat. If its the one I am thinking, then this is the one that MIGHT be leaking.

[edit on 22-7-2010 by DragonFire1024]

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Ive said it in 2 threads before, I'll say it again.

The day I watched them fitting the DWH cap I said to my girlfriend that it did not look like the same well. The flow of oil coming out of the well they were capping was considerably weaker & consisted of considerably less gas bubbles than all the video of the leak we had been seeing for so long.

I have faith someone here will be able to prove the coordinates are different, however for now we can add some credit to the 'theory' we were shown a different well being capped by examination of video from, eg, a week before the capping, & the video of the capping process.

Hopefully someone out there has the skills to calculate the flow rates in both videos, & there is a lot of video from the pre-capped well.

From my inexperienced eye, I noticed a significant difference in the flow coming from the well, did anyone else notice this or was it just me ?? Maybe we are seeing something different here in Aus.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by SNAFU38

Its not the same well the BOP was clearly leaning on the well with the first cap. I am sure a fellow ATS has the Screenshots to prove this.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by SWCCFAN

Literally just got this screen shot of the Deepwater well cap. BOA DEEP C 2 was just showing it. Its not the best shot, but I think you can work with it:

Also Here is a screen shot of the "sucker" as I call it (this is the type of thing that was sucking oil to tankers from the Deepwater well BEFORE it was capped. This is from Enterprise just moments ago: Keep in mind, Enterprise is 1.2 nautical miles from Skandi. I will try to get a better shot with the serial numbers or ID numbers.

Also...the Enterprise is approx. 114 Nautical Miles from the Port of New Orleans. The Kepler well, according to the post I did above, is approx 140 miles from New Orleans..so I think we are making progress

[edit on 22-7-2010 by DragonFire1024]

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I just read that they are currently capping the to relief wells due to "Bonnie" coming.... Although I think OP might be on to something!

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Position of Wel Head in every normal measurement:

Degree, Minute, Second:
Latitude: 28° 44' 11.861" N
Longitude: 88° 21' 57.589" W

Degree Decimal:
Latitude: 28.736628
Longitude: -88.365997

Universal Transverse Mercator (UTM):
Zone: 16
Easting: 366609
Northing: 3179571

Minute, Decimal:
Latitude: 28°44.19768
Longitude: -88°21.9598199999996

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/78279d35a4e2.jpg[/atsimg]

None of those numbers come close to the numbers in the screenshot.

So anyone have any Idea if their is a location method I missed cause the numbers are not adding up.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by bair1975

Yeah I Knew that was coming but all the vessels even now are still "on Station" none are presently making way.

I don't know what to make out of the Data I am by far an expert on this sorta thing but from what I see somthing is not right.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   
The ships are moving for the storm approaching. So it's important to note what time those ship position fixes were taken. With all the screen captures, I'm sure you can get positions of the ROVs at many different times. But, if they were trying to fool us, would they give us the real locations?

Just wondering, does TH on what you call the sucker maybe stand for Top Hat?

[edit on 22-7-2010 by ttatw]

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by SWCCFAN

The UTM coordinates are close to that of the Q4000's: The Q4000 31: UTM: E 366650.23 N 3179561.49

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by ttatw
The ships are moving for the storm approaching. So it's important to note what time those ship position fixes were taken. With all the screen captures, I'm sure you can get positions of the ROVs at many different times. But, if they were trying to fool us, would they give us the real locations?

Just wondering, does TH on what you call the sucker maybe stand for Top Hat?

[edit on 22-7-2010 by ttatw]

The Enterprise, according to that website on the OPs post, is Anchored...so it has not moved. especially not with an ROV still in the water. Skandi is also anchored.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ttatw

The ship's position as of 2135 CST is the same as thew were when I took the screenshot in the OP.

I am aware of them moving for the storm. As soon as I get off work I have to start packing my whole house up like I am moving. Because if we have oil innundate the low lying areas I will not be allowed back home until it is cleaned up.

BP will be getting a Claim from me as of tomorrow.

If it were not for the spill I would not be evacuating.

Thanks BP

BP: Beyond Problematic

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by SWCCFAN

What I meant was the two relief wells they are digging look relatively the same as the deepwater horizon, and they are CAPPING them as we speak so they can disconnect and head in. They had to pull most the casings and as they put it " cement the cap in"?

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   
This thread is a perfect example of why I joined ATS in the first place.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Some reported today on ATS' Live Feed thread that they saw a cap being lifted to the top.

With the storm on the way and all the lies they have told us so far, not much telling what they are doing. I would assume feeds may be discontined soon due to Tropical Storm Bonnie.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by bair1975

Yeah but those 2 rigs can ride out the storm and you would not even notice it on the rig unless you went outside and saw the wind and rain.

According to The Weather Channel they just said they will be leaving the Cap on the well.

Is the truth out there?

Everything associated with this well seems to be lies.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join