It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN Report on Secret 4th Branch of Goverment

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Anybody else catch this? Supposedly there was a 2 year investigation by the Washington Post that surfaced enough credible information to get a spot on CNN, after the representative spoke, the anchor did an interview with a CIA adviser who refuted everything they had spent two years researching. Here's some of what they found out:

* Some 1,271 government organizations and 1,931 private companies work on programs related to counterterrorism, homeland security and intelligence in about 10,000 locations across the United States.

* An estimated 854,000 people, nearly 1.5 times as many people as live in Washington, D.C., hold top-secret security clearances.

* In Washington and the surrounding area, 33 building complexes for top-secret intelligence work are under construction or have been built since September 2001. Together they occupy the equivalent of almost three Pentagons or 22 U.S. Capitol buildings - about 17 million square feet of space.

* Many security and intelligence agencies do the same work, creating redundancy and waste. For example, 51 federal organizations and military commands, operating in 15 U.S. cities, track the flow of money to and from terrorist networks.

* Analysts who make sense of documents and conversations obtained by foreign and domestic spying share their judgment by publishing 50,000 intelligence reports each year - a volume so large that many are routinely ignored.

These are not academic issues; lack of focus, not lack of resources, was at the heart of the Fort Hood shooting that left 13 dead, as well as the Christmas Day bomb attempt thwarted not by the thousands of analysts employed to find lone terrorists but by an alert airline passenger who saw smoke coming from his seatmate.

[edit on 22-7-2010 by ATLien]

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 05:18 AM
link   
has it got anything to do with this?

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
has it got anything to do with this?

Yep that's the same report they're referring to..The women in that video is the women who was arguing on CNN with CIA adviser.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 05:24 AM
link   
The title "4th branch of the government" is often given to the media, like the famous immortal technique song(below), so I will call all this top secret crap the 5th branch of the government

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by ATLien

Very interesting. It is very easy to try and start connecting all the dots that has lead to this '4th government' - 9/11, home-grown terrorism, the anthrax attacks - but what would really warrant nearly a million people with top secret clearance?

To my knowledge, there isn't an equivalent system in the UK, but think the EU has a similar structure in place.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by LarryLove

I would assume the UK's secret police, KGB and so on are on the same page as us, it's monkey see monkey do.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by ATLien
reply to post by LarryLove

I would assume the UK's secret police, KGB and so on are on the same page as us, it's monkey see monkey do.

It is that and worse seeing how the 9-11 attacks occurred on the
same day they were doing the vigilant guardian exercise.

Thus why one air traffic controller asked if this was real or exercise.

Same deal for 7-7-7 in the UK, they had an exercise running with
almost a mirror scenario that same day.

Too many coincidences.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 07:45 AM
link   
I just thought I would comment if the American government is anything like the Canadian, when it comes to security clearance its not hard to get top secrete clearance, if you need it. Also it doesn't always mean you can see everything there are those with higher clearance which is still considered top secret. You can easily get that many people with top secret, since many hold a temporary clearance.

If there are any high security constriction sites, meaning embassies, government offices of high up members, and other similar buildings that are potential terrorist threats, anyone working on the project writing the reports, budgets, and even the architects need to either have a standing top secret or temporary one if the building is high threat, OR they need to have secrete clearance.

The clearance of top secret just means you are given the ability to see CERTAIN files pertaining to your scope of work. If your constructing a new government headquarters, you can only look at the files for THAT project you couldn't walk in and ask for a file on UFO's or on top secret military planes.

Xiamara

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Their just building a new pyramid of power from the top down, when they get close to the bottom they'll probably start lifting the veil on the secrecy and start enslaving us.

I know i know, saying that is like, fear mongering or something right?

well whats worth being feared is this type of info this thread was referring to proves to you they at least have the ability to do it,

now how many want to argue that they havn't the will?

edit to say - can anyone locate the interview that the OP is talking about? i'd like to watch that cia adviser shift in his seat with each question.

[edit on 22-7-2010 by pryingopen3rdeye]

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
They don't care if we know anymore. Why? Because we really can't do anything about it. You know it. I know it. They know it.

Sure they still keep a lot of secrets, but hey they don't want to lose out on the fun of tormenting us from the shadows.

new topics

top topics

join