It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Far Left Creating Fake Religious Sites.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I was surprised when I went to a supposed site for people of Faith, expecting faith meant it was a Religious site. What I found was a Far Left, Political site designed to trick the readers into thinking it was something else.

Faithful America.org

Our goal: to counter the fear and the lies the Tea Party and extreme pundits are spewing this summer...

...Since the historic vote on health care reform Sunday night, an outbreak of hateful speech and threats of violence directed at Members of Congress who stood up for health care reform has spread across the country.

As I read through the site, it became clear it contains nothing but the same messages given in Talking Points issued by the White House to its operatives and the words mirror their messages exactly.

Is this representative of the depths to which they will sink in their attack on real People of Faith. Do they really think people will fall for a site containing nothing but messages directly from the Obama Administration and think it is linked to Religion?

This transparent attempt to silence the Tea Party, which contrary to the lies has never shown any sign of being a violent group, is almost beyond belief. That people could not see that this is nothing but a trick to fool people into believing this is not a product of the DNC or the Administrations handiwork is astounding to me.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion

I've always taken this to mean that the Government and Religion must remain seperate and distinct and yet here we see how little that means to the Progressives and Obama's people. There is not a doubt in my mind that Obama and the DNC are directly behind this site and I wonder how many more of these we will see.

They are clearly using the word faith in an entirely different context to cover themselves. It is a form of deception everyone should find repugnant and sickening.

What is even more strange is that Kristin Williams trained under John Green of the Pew Forum and everything on the Faithful America site runs contrary to Green's stated beliefs.

Kristin Williams also is on staff at Faith in Public Life, yet another Far Left Political site pretending to be Faith based.

As you can plainly see from their news page, their agenda is very transparent.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e22e60a58c8b.jpg[/atsimg]

I also think in her description on that site there is a bit of a Freudian Slip.

Kristin Williams, Press Secretary
Kristin says Faith in Public Life is the perfect blend of things she cares about: politics, religion, and a wide range of issues.

In her own description, she places politics ahead of Religion.

I think we are going to see many more of these transparently political sites being passed off as Faith sites. I suppose they soothe their consciences by telling themselves that the word "Faith" has many meanings.

I expect to see a lot of this over the next couple of years. The video below should make anyone who views it sick as Pelosi pretends to be something she is not.

This shows just how far these people will go. A woman who strongly supports Late Term Abortion as does Obama; a practice so abhorrent there are only a tiny group of about 5 MD's in the whole country who will do it. A woman who is so Far Left she tilts when she walks and who's beliefs run contrary to almost all religious beliefs. She has the nerve to try and campaign as and pretend to be a Christian.

We have seen this before in History where false People of Faith use a religion they do not believe in or practice to justify their sick actions as they lord over us.

Edited to save time in responses -
I am equally opposed to either side using religion as a political propaganda tool. Please do take this thread as an indication I'm any more or less critical of the Democratic or Republican Party's. This is however the group who currently has nearly complete control of all of Government and is the topic of the moment.

[edit on 7/19/2010 by Blaine91555]

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
and Harry Reid's people put up a fake site supposedly about his opponent (Karen Angle?) to get info from her supporters (supposedly)

ironic they talk about 'hateful speech' from the Tea Partiers. where were they when Code Pink was screaming 'Bush is Hitler'? how about Democrats calling him 'General Betray-us'? how'd they like the Family Guy epi wi the Palin's Down-Syndrome child?
I consider the American left to be extremely hateful.

for a lot of people on the left, politics has replaced religion, and is the cause and outlet for much of their zeal and energy.

[edit on 19-7-2010 by works4dhs]

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Why is it that when we see religion paired with Conservatism many people don't think twice, but if the far left starts up a religious site uh-oh look out.

The fact is that religion and politics shouldn't mix on either side of the aisle but they do unfortunately end up mixing, there are liberal people of faith and conservative people of faith. The issue is when the politicians themselves use this to get elected and sway the gullible masses. After all if people are willing to believe the world was made in six days they will likely believe any words from a politicians mouth if that politician professes the same faith.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

I don't think any Political Party should ever mix Religion and Politics. I'm in agreement with you that for the Right to do it is also wrong. I should have stated that clearly in my OP. I'm just as opposed to the Far Rights use of Religion in Politics. I agree fully.

Religion may and does influence our votes, but for Political Party's to use Religion is clearly wrong. It just so happens that in this time in history its mainly rearing its ugly head with the Progressives in an in your face way.

I am myself a Christian and I would publicly speak out against any Religion becoming politically active.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by works4dhs

Politics is crossing lines it simply should not cross. I'm so angry at both the Democrats and the Republicans I cant imagine how anyone could align with either Party. I can only explain peoples support of them by believing most people are illiterate voters.

It's time for "Change" but not the "Change" Obama promised. It's time our leadership was purged and replaced with good people on both sides and in the middle.

One thing I know for sure, is I won't be voting for any incumbents for some time.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Its just one more sign that the Progressives are gettng desparate. You see it over and over how they are tryng to hijack religion to further the Progressive cause. The first one I saw try ths was that giant lardass Michael Moore on an interview.

It always comes accross comimcal, because none of them have even gone to church long enough to even sound like they know about the religion they are trying to use as a weapon.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   
'Fake' religious site. Hmmm, lol.

Much like noted by Titen (and yourself, Blaine), religion should be nowhere near politics.

Funny to see the criticism of some on the 'left' for mixing the two, though. This has been a US conservative problem for over 20 years (can even go back to the 60s, no?). And now a couple of websites associated with the 'far(?)' left appears to have you spitting venom, lol. I would think this is a push-back against the conservatives attempting to 'own' faith in politics - the notion that only they really stand for christian values. And some of this perspective actually seems to seep through in your post...

Do you really have the right to determine who and who is not a christian? Pelosi is a catholic, has met the pope, and while she disagrees on certain issues that doesn't make her a non-christian or a 'pretend'-christian. Many christians hold pro-choice positions (I know a few).

Secondly, fake site? How so? Both sites are associated with 'faith in public life' group, and in the About section for FIPL the board is clearly populated by people of a range of faiths (Christian, Jewish, Unitarian and even Islamic).

Thirdly, how do you know Kristin Williams puts politics before religion? You determine that from the order of the words on a website? lol. Perhaps it was just done alphabetically? It says little.

Finally, 'far' left? You've gotta be pretty far right to think any of the politicians in the US can even be considered left wingers in the traditional sense. Nothing like it. Obama is not much different from our right-wing tories here in the UK.

ABE: and it took me a few minutes to find one of the comparable conservative religious group promoting the tea party protests - concerned women for america. I'm sure I could find more if I cared enough. This is the typical conservative game. I'm not surprised to see that religious non-conservatives are trying to push back, and it makes sense to conflate the republicans and the tea party movement - lipstick on a pig and all that.

ABE2: and a second conservative christian group supporting the tea party: american family association.

(I'll have a bath later, makes me feel dirty even defending this crap).

[edit on 19-7-2010 by melatonin]

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Tee Hee. I signed their petition and if a human ever sees it they're going to get quite a surprise.

Example of some of the things I filled out-

Email - [email protected]

Street - Man Made Global Warming isn't real st.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Tee Hee. I signed their petition and if a human ever sees it they're going to get quite a surprise.

Example of some of the things I filled out-

Email - [email protected]

Street - Man Made Global Warming isn't real st.

First Name - You

Last Name - Lie

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ZuluChaka

Bear in mind I find it just as objectionable when the extremists on the Religious Right mix religion and politics. No good ever comes of that in our worlds history.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by melatonin

You are completely misrepresenting me here. Had you read my other posts you would have noted my venom extends to those on the Right using Religion in the same manner. Right or Left it is wrong.

Religion in government divides nations and government in religion divides religion.

Please don't place words in my mouth or thoughts in my head.

Even though I do subscribe to the Christian Faith you will find its membership is as diverse as America in its beliefs. These travesty's are the product of politics and false links to Religion for the purposes of propaganda to gain votes.

These people are fakes and phonies and it matters not which side it comes from. Anytime anyone, Left, Right or in between uses Religion as a political tool, my opinion will be the same.

"Render to Caesar the things that are Caesar's, and to God the things that are God's."

I believe this mixes quite nicely with what our Constitution says.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Nosred

Forgive me, but I find that to be a childish response to this. That is not the kind of thing that leads to fixing problems or bringing us together in spite of the corruption we see in our leaders.

Not all Democrats are involved in this kind of nonsense just as not all Republicans are part of the Radical Right agenda. Most of us are just another passenger on the bus trying to make sense of all of this. Most people on the Left would not be involved with this. I just thought I should add this to be clear.

[edit on 7/19/2010 by Blaine91555]

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
Please don't place words in my mouth or thoughts in my head.

Much of what you just posted I agreed with, I noted that anyway - mixing faith and politics is in no way appropriate.

However, the only part of my post which could even be conceived as 'putting words in your mouth' is the 'spitting venom' part. I don't read much in here, perhaps I was wrong - my bad: but that's one completely negligible part of my post.

The rest of the post holds. Your post does actually exhibit much of what I think these people see as the issue.

[edit on 19-7-2010 by melatonin]

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
I don't think any Political Party should ever mix Religion and Politics.

Yet, that goes against everything that is American.

Freedom of Religion is not a government-regulated right, only to be exercised on Sunday morning. Faith is the foundation of a man's entire life, it should be the underpinning of his every decision, 24/7/365. You cannot tell Americans when they can and can't exercise their freedom to worship or speak freely about religion.

This includes politicians speaking to religious issues and even getting elected based on their religious positions.

The government should have NO say in the matter, which is what the Founders intended. The Founders fully expected men to be guided by their Faith FIRST, and they expected government officials to rely on their Faith and their moral compass in administering government.

THAT was the basis for the separation of church and state — to keep government out of religion, but to keep religion IN the government.

You see, separation of church and state is NOT about establishing a secular state. Just the opposite. We can fill up our halls of government with religious figures if we want. But, once in power, they cannot pass laws that specifically favor or oppose religion and religious movements.

THAT is how it should be.

If we were to strike religion completely out of the halls of government, then only secularists would hold forth there. And, as we well know, secularist government, answering to no higher authority than itself, is a consistent failure.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Those aren't "fake" religious sites.

They are real religious sites from a leftist point of view.

Did you think it was impossible for liberals to be religious? Or do you believe that having a leftist point of view somehow nullifies the integrity of their religious views?

I'm sorry but I don't really understand the point you are trying to make here. If you are claiming that they are 'phonies' because they have a transparent liberal agenda, then I think you may have a terrible misconception of what it means to have faith in a higher power, and are confusing the political and the ideological.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by melatonin

I think most of us agree in principle on what is going wrong with politics in this country. If I read to much into your words I'm guilty as well.

I think no matter which way we all lean it is important we hold all politicians feet to the fire when they resort to deception and use emotional things like our Faith to control us and to divide us.

One problem I face in these discussions is my personal disgust at the extremists on both sides, Right or Left. When I discuss one its automatically assumed I'm siding with the other; when in fact I'm not in line with either. It's hard being a real moderate with beliefs that mirror elements from both sides. I do think people like me are becoming the majority as people wake up to just out of control both Parties are right now.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   

oh..you mean like fake names for republican laws passed...like the clear skys inititive, or the clean water act, that didn't do either...you mean like those??

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
jesus would have been thought of as a commie leftist pinko, if he were alive today...kicking over the tables of the money changers, feeding the poor, comforting the afflicted

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
jesus would have been thought of as a commie leftist pinko, if he were alive today...kicking over the tables of the money changers, feeding the poor, comforting the afflicted

LOL, nice try.

Jesus never once uttered anythng about government helping anyone. He preached about how we treat each other one on one.

Do you really think that liberals are the only people that feed the poor or comfort the afflicted?

Do you realise most pantries and clinics are partially supported by and staffed by those crazy right wing loons you hate.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by drwizardphd

Fair enough.

The reason I state it that way is they are primarily political sites that pretend to be primarily religious sites.

Even our tax code separates the two for a reason. If they would disclose, we would find they are registered as a political organization.

I find it wrong to use peoples religious beliefs as a tool to propagandize the Progressive agenda. Its a blatant attempt to use peoples deepest held beliefs to influence their vote in a way that is anything but genuine.

If you know Pelosi for instance, her demonstrated beliefs and the legislation she pushes, you know how fake that transparent speech really was.

Also that site attacks the Tea Party Movement. I'm not a part of that, but I know people who are. What is currently being said by these phonies is simply not true. They are not a hate group, nor are they Racists in nature. Look at how they try an make everyone afraid of them? We never see acts of violence by them and yet we constantly see people from the extreme Left engaging in violence. The amount of propaganda coming from these people in regards to them is sickening and constant. Ordinary Citizens finally get upset enough to go out and engage in their right of Free Speech and what do the Progressives do? They make it clear that they believe Free Speech only applies to them and then resort to lying about anyone who does not agree with them.

I think when I included the quote on the Tea Party from that site, it should have made it clear as a bell that is a political site with a radical agenda.

I know for a fact that some of my friends who are Democrats themselves are upset about the Progressives usurping their Party and acting as if they represent them. We can see from the news of late that elements of the Left are starting to wake up about this.

<<   2  3 >>

join