It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oil cap is closed no Oil leaking as of now

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Well fantastic news to report they pressure test are complete and the leak was closed off.

Live ROV Feeds

I don't think it will hold but lets all keep our fingers crossed.

Time will tell.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
BP: No oil leaking into Gulf from busted well

I was just about to post this. You beat me to it.

[edit on 15-7-2010 by insideNSA]

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I hate to be a pessimist... but it hasn't really been long enough to claim success. For all we know oil could be spewing out 10x as much somewhere else down the line. True, right now its not coming out of the well head. But... ahh well I'll just shut up for now and keep my fingers crossed.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by insideNSA

Atleast its posted lol

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by DerekJR321
I hate to be a pessimist... but it hasn't really been long enough to claim success. For all we know oil could be spewing out 10x as much somewhere else down the line. True, right now its not coming out of the well head. But... ahh well I'll just shut up for now and keep my fingers crossed.

They aren't claiming success. The title says "as of now". Let's hope it holds. It's about time that this friggin mess was brought to a halt.

link   
Hooray. Now everybody can clap and pat BP on the back for a job well done. Pop the bubbly, it's party time. It only took how long again to close this thing off? Three months was it?

Better late than never, I suppose.

Great news. Now the executions can begin. Line 'em up!

[edit on 15-7-2010 by moonwilson]

link   
reply to post by DerekJR321

Well I also dont think it will work I know the seafloor is cracked and leaking. So we shall see if it blows tyhe methane bubble out and sink all the ships.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Yes I heard from multiple sources that there are leaks all around the well up to 10 miles away in some cases. I don't know how true those reports are but if they are this probably just means the oil has been redirected to those leaks. I hope I"m wrong.

BP will say 'see we capped the well'. They'll be off the hook, meanwhile the disaster continues.

Lets keep our fingers crossed though.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   

I was thinking that myself...the oil has been cut off where the cameras are, but that doesnt mean that oil still isnt leaking in one of the many cracks in the sea bed or the one that was reported here a mile away.....
BTW, they say the oil is stopped, what about the methane? Is that still coming out? It isnt colored like the oil is so how do we know???

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Not we need someone that can read sonar. Anyone know what the yellow blobs are on the sonar (BP Live Feed). They appear to be growing.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by moonwilson

They have to open it back up and continue to drill the releif wells and actually kill the well.

This gives them a chance to get things ready to capture all of the oil when they open it back up.

That is if the sea floor don't blow out next.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by 1curious1

Well they are echos they could be the ROV's

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
So is it just me, or is anyone else wondering why we wasted 6 weeks talking about and drilling relief wells.

I mean, seriously. Why didn't they put a new "cap" on it when it became obvious that the original "top hat" was less than effective?

Like everyone else, I'll keep my fingers crossed, but my outlook "as of now" is pretty far from optimistic. Something tells me that the well bore is a ticking time bomb, and this latest solution just sped up the clock.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Matt Simmons (I believe that's who it was) was just on the Dylan Ratigan show basically claiming that this did not matter as he truly (and many other scientists) believes there is a much bigger hole much farther away from the BOP spewing oil (as most of us believe, already).

More importantly he claimed that BP is covering it up AND there is the possibility of the U.S. Govt being part of it even if it's just by shear ignorance. ALSO he was worried about the methane and was worried about the deaths it will cause humans... saying something along the lines of "this is not an oil spill anymore, this is a death..." (can't remember exactly what he said).

Found a video on YouTube of this conversation between DR and MS.

www.youtube.com...

Can't get it to embed so if someone could please do so and save to their computer as I imagine it will be taken down.

Edit: to add methane point and to add source/embed attempt

[edit on 15-7-2010 by changetheworld]

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by SWCCFAN

Well I also dont think it will work I know the seafloor is cracked and leaking. So we shall see if it blows tyhe methane bubble out and sink all the ships.

I am not saying there are no cracks, but do we really have any real evidence that there are cracks other than rumors?

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by SWCCFAN

Oh, I know. I'm just steeling my stomach for the inevitable "mission accomplished!" press conference, where everyone smiles and congratulates BP for all of their dedication and hard work. I don't think I can look at some BP exec's smug face when he solemnly vows to "focus all efforts on cleanup now". Which they'll halfheartedly dabble at for a couple news cycles, while they get down to the serious business of hooking up production rigs to the wells and making vast riches off of it, while the Gulf continues to choke to death on their mess.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by changetheworld

It would make the whole press blackout make sense. As much as I hope it is really capped, I hope that it doesn't let BP off the hook.

What I mean is, lets say this well is capped and no longer leaking, but 10 miles away there is a gigantic fissure spewing oil out. Obviously it would have some correlation with the DWH drilling. BP should be on the hook for that problem too (even though if it were the case, nothing could be done).

If this is in fact "it" and there is no more oil going into the gulf, then the next step better be BP cleaning up the mess. As it stands now I read the gulf stream is all out of whack, and oil has reached down to Mexico. Its still a big big problem.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Yeah until the pressure builds up. I cant for the life of me understand how the pressures of the oil leaking carried on increasing. I am right in thinking the psi didnt drop? Therefore sealing the well can only mean one thing, it`ll find new ways out until whatever is causing the pressure is stopped or solved,?

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I hope the leak is over, so we can focus on the environmental damage: where all that subsurface oil went, pollutants in the rain, beach cleanup (marshes can't be cleaned effectively). Let's see live video feeds of that stuff!

But it seems strange that they had us all waiting 2 months on relief wells (which are now almost complete) when all they need to do was drop a new cap on it. I feel used/abused!

I'm not particularly concerned about a methane bubble, but maybe small leaks - I've already seen video of one that looked like a limestone vent in the freshwater springs in Florida puffing wisps of oil.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by jazz10

Take a garden hose, cut a few holes into it. Now turn it on full blast. Stick your hand over the main outlet. The holes still leak, and have increased pressure on them. Eventually they will get bigger and break. That is in a sense, the same thing going on here.

It's already been said, I believe by BP directly, that there are more leaks than just the well head.

[edit on 15-7-2010 by DerekJR321]

<<   2 >>

join