It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Holder Floats Possibility of Racial Profiling Suit Against Arizona

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Holder Floats Possibility of Racial Profiling Suit Against Arizona, Yes that's right, RACE CASE: Holder May Slap AZ With Profiling Suit.

Of-course Holder would not even think of prosecuting The New Black Panthers for Hate Race Speech or Voter Intimidation now would he?

It would appear, my fellow U. S. of America citizens, that our Federal Government has the monies and the time, to re-sue Arizona if the lose this case.

We the Tax Payers Need This Idiot in Office Any More? Think about it, is this the Hope and Change, YOU Voted For?

From The article: Attorney General Eric Holder, just days after filing a federal lawsuit against Arizona's immigration law, on Sunday floated the possibility of filing another suit on racial profiling grounds.

The lawsuit filed Tuesday in U.S. District Court in Arizona claimed the state was infringing on federal immigration responsibilities and urged the judge to prevent the law from going into effect at the end of July. Despite some officials' claims that the law could lead to racial profiling, that concern was not cited as grounds for the suit.

However, Holder said on CBS' "Face the Nation" that the federal government was leading with its "strongest" argument in the suit filed Tuesday and would not rule out a second suit months down the road -- if the law ends up going into effect.

"It doesn't mean that if the law for whatever reason happened to go into effect, that six months from now, a year from now, we might not look at the impact the law has had ... and see whether or not there has been that racial profiling impact," Holder said. "If that was the case, we would have the tools and we would bring suit on that basis."

Holder, reacting to the firestorm of criticism from Republicans and border-state lawmakers, said the Justice Department decided to file the suit because Arizona's immigration law is "inconsistent" with federal policy and the U.S. Constitution. He said there's nothing to stop local jurisdictions and states from helping the government enforce immigration law, but described Arizona's law as contradictory to what the federal government is trying to accomplish.

The law makes illegal immigration a state crime. It requires local law enforcement to question anyone they suspect of being an illegal immigrant on their immigration status -- provided they don't stop them for that reason alone.

Sen. Jon Kyl, R-Ariz., disputed Holder's characterization. Speaking on "Fox News Sunday," he said Arizona's law is trying to help, not hinder, the federal government's immigration efforts.

Source: www.foxnews.com...

www.drudgereport.com...

OK, I'll say it again, We don't need Obama telling us how to run our state. He does not want to enforce the Constitution of The United States of America, (which I'm sure he still believes has 57 states) and keep Americans safe, then he needs to be Impeached.

OK, here comes the Drudge Report and Fox News haters I think I'll go over to the Micheal Savage web site and see if it's there too and was that as another source. That'll drive you haters Crazy.

[edit on 11-7-2010 by guohua]

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   

He said there's nothing to stop local jurisdictions and states from helping the government enforce immigration law, but described Arizona's law as contradictory to what the federal government is trying to accomplish.

So, Mr. Holder, What EXACTLY is the Federal Government trying to accomplish??? Obviously it has nothing to do with upholding or protecting the Constitution, protecting our borders or our states. This law restates what the federal law already states. Don't be such an asshat Mr. Holder and you and the President has better start doing your job!

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Bumped, Bump, Bump, Bump.

Does anyone know, if HOLDER is an American?

I know he has the state of Virginia on his a$$ now, They are begging him to sue them.

Come on Holder, we know you don't have a pair, your Obamas, little boy, bend over and gab your ankles I hear your Daddy Calling you

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

Accomplishing nothing is exactly correct and you want to know why?

Obama is going to push Amnesty through, That's why, they are doing the silent illegal sweeps, fire but do not deport, leave here so when he forces his Amnesty bill through, he and his Democrat friends and supporters have a ready made voting base. He'll tell the illegals, if it wasn't for me, your Savor Obama, you'd be back in Mexico, Now Vote For Me and I'll Be Sure Your Always Free and Taking Care Of!

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by guohua

Making this about race is intellectually dishonest. That's the long and the short of it. That race is even a factor or an identifiable characteristic is a coincidence and a fact of life they'll just have to deal with. That it makes it a bit easier to identify the millions of illegal immigrants we is moot. Gee, think of the fun we'd be having if they were white or black.

Oh, and I still think Arizona ought to fire back and sue the government for dereliction of duties in guarding the borders and enforcing the laws and for laundering funds obtained illegally (RICO).

[edit on 7/11/2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   
NYT: In private weekend meetings with White House, Dem governors voice deep anxiety about suit against AZ immigration law, worrying it could cost party in fall elections... Developing..

DEM GOVS WARN: OBAMA SUIT VS. AZ IS 'TOXIC'
Developing, story from www.drudgereport.com...

This is out already: BOSTON — In a private meeting with White House officials this weekend, Democratic governors voiced deep anxiety about the Obama administration’s suit against Arizona’s new immigration law, worrying that it could cost a vulnerable Democratic Party in the fall elections.

At the Democrats’ meeting on Saturday, some governors bemoaned the timing of the Justice Department lawsuit, according to two governors who spoke anonymously because the discussion was private.

“Universally the governors are saying, ‘We’ve got to talk about jobs,’ ” Gov. Phil Bredesen of Tennessee, a Democrat, said in an interview. “And all of a sudden we have immigration going on.”

He added, “It is such a toxic subject, such an important time for Democrats.”
Source:
www.nytimes.com...

HOT, HOT, HOT!

new topics

top topics

join