It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10:28pm Eastern, July 10th: Did anyone else see that?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I am currently writing another thread in a different section when I JUST went out for a cigarette, to think of how I want to relay the information I am setting up.

----

(I always look up when I have a smoke because I like watching for shooting stars).

I just watched what I thought was a plane, float across the sky in a perfectly line (nothing weird there) as I do live near an international airport and I know what planes look like and what they sound like.

It was as bright as a shooting star (burn magnesium and stand about 25 feet away or as bright as a far off welder I guess) But it was going much MUCH slower then a shooting star hence why I thought I was watching an airplane.

It was heading from west to east approx. and I watched it for a solid minute. At about the 40 second mark I asked someone to come outside and see what they thought, after about 10 seconds of watching it died out.

It went from bright white -> orange -> red -> brown within the last 2 seconds of its life.

It was as if someone slowly downed down a "dimmer" switch. It didnt make a sound.

Whatever it was, I was in awe(sp?).

Tied for first place with the greatest shooting star Ive ever seen (only because it lasted so long, atleast a full minute.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Could it have been a satellite that was just catching the last rays of the sun from the west?

The space station appears to be just above the great lakes now..

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I live in the country. I see satellites all the time. I think that this is what you saw. Sometimes they are very bright and look like other aircraft, but sadly they are not.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I saw that! As i went for a smoke, i looked up to see at first what i thought was a plane, but then realized it was not for it was very high, bright, and fast.

I saw it for about 45 seconds and then it disappeared, right before changing colors and dimming out.

This was no plane nor ISS (I checked)

I am in southern Ontario Canada.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   
It was probably this:

"COSMOS 1867"
www.n2yo.com...

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I know what satellites look like, often they are VERY hard to see, as they are as dim as most stars.

This thing was bright, and I mean BRIGHT. I wont deny that it could have been a satellite but the fact that it changed colours before fading away is what I thought was the strangest part and made me think shooting star.

(I live in South Eastern Ontario Niagara Region)

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I'm in New Jersey and I saw something about 1 1/2 hours ago. Everything you said minus the different colors. I also saw the same thing a few days ago.

I really think it was an Iridium flare, tbh. No UFO.

And yes - they were bright. A little brighter than Venus.

[edit on 7/10/2010 by impaired]

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I used to live 20km's from a Army base / Tank Range, I know what the flares look like also.

This was a pure white (why I related it to burning magnesium), the flares Ive seen are attached to a small parachute and are slightly yellow. The flares usually last about the same amount of time, but they dont move / loose altitude.

This thing was steady, steady height, steady speed, steady colour (until the end) there wasnt a "flicker" effect as if something like a flare was burning.

-----

Id say it was as bright as a full lit moon. It dimmed every other star in the sky (not to exaggerate, but it was at least 10x brighter then everything else)

[edit on 10-7-2010 by epitaph.one]

[edit on 10-7-2010 by epitaph.one]

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I'm thinking space junk burning up in the atmosphere. A satellite is too small to cast that much of a glow and also do the color changing bit. Space junk on the other hand can be made up of a vast array of different materials, all composed of different chemical makeups and traveling in varying orbits.

What you probably saw was just an old rocket booster or something along those lines as it burned up from a decaying orbit, thus causing the slowness of its movement.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Didn't see anything tonight because we have a huge storm moving through. But we watch the stars every chance we get.

We always see bright "somethings" moving across the sky. Sometimes east to west, sometimes north to south, etc.

We see so many of them we started calling them "movers" because that's what they do... move across the sky.

We've eliminated them as satellites. Satellites are in a stationary orbit aren't they? We don't think they are UFOs because they don't ever do any strange movements, like sharp turns.

So, we've settled on "space junk" burning up in the atmosphere.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I live in AZ and always look up also, I own a small telescope, star-map and a few other odd's and end's that assist me with a hobby. I have only seen what I assume to be venus in the north eastern sky about 30-45 degrees up from horizon about 9ish for a month now. I was looking a lot today since tomorrow is an eclipse over easter island (kinda cool) even thought I cant see it.

Today july 10th I didnt see anything and boy I was looking since a guy yesterday swore the entire world would be contacted today by something out of this world but we could not call them Et's or ufo's.

Sorry cloudy for most of the day with lots of chemtrails. This is regular for Phoenix area, not to mention its monsoon season. Just figure I would report, really want some solid proof that can explain how I feel about whats going on so I look often.

ConsciousTruth

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Dude!!! My friend and I saw it too!!! In New Jersey!!!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by epitaph.one
I used to live 20km's from a Army base / Tank Range, I know what the flares look like also.

An Iridium flare is a satellite reflecting light from the Sun. They are so bright at times they seem to light up your surroundings:
en.wikipedia.org...

I don't think this is what you saw however since the flares usually last only for a couple of seconds. Given the West to East direction I would suggest the ISS too. It can be unbelievably bright some times and can be in view for nearly three minutes.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by dainoyfb

haha yeaaaaah Im an idiot, I figured Iridium was a metal used in tactical flares. First thing that popped into my head. Sorry.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 12:10 AM
link   
If this was the view from the backyard, this is the direction the object was moving. (the best I can illustrate...in 3 minutes)

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2907139fe1e2.jpg[/atsimg]

Edit: going away, i'll be back later. Hope more people seen the object!

[edit on 11-7-2010 by epitaph.one]

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 12:17 AM
link   
I'm not sure if I saw something or not.

I wouldn't have even mentioned it, had I not seen this thread. But, tonight was clear after a few cloudy nights so I took my telescope out. I went out about 9:30 central and was looking north. Sometime between then and probably 10:15 I saw what seemed like some sort of flashing lights through my telescope.

At the same time though, across the street, someone was waving some sort of flashing string of lights. My telescope was stationary, and I didn't see the flashing lights through my scope by for one flash, and I didn't see it again any other time, but I was still sure it was related to the people waving the flashing lights.

Like I said I wouldn't have even mentioned it had I not seen this thread, so I figured I'd share.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by epitaph.one

Hey man, I'm in chicago,northern oart of the city and while I was out in my back yard looking up at the sky I thought I was looking at a plane which is very common,but the light I was seeing was very bright and moving very slow I kept watching it and what was unusual is that such a bright light just faded into the sky. weird. but I'm glad I wasnt the only one

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 02:32 AM
link   
maybe we all saw ball lightning that was obviously way up high...reaallly high haha

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

slowest recorded meteorite (shooting star) ever

International Space Station

satellite

UFO

space junk

superman

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Im leaning towards shooting star just because of the way it acted, but that could also mean maybe it was just space junk. but it traveled along distance on fire so it would had to of been a decent size piece. Anyone ever seen a video of a booster reentering the atmosphere?

I know from all the satellites ive seen it was not high enough in the sky to be one. It was definitely in the atmosphere.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 02:43 AM
link   
As mentioned in my other thread, tonight I saw 3 weird things. None of them were spacejunk or rockets or shooting stars.

I think you better pinch yourself my friend...you're not dreaming.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Perhaps it was left-over fire works from the 4th of July. I've seen and heard several in our neighborhood over the past week. I guess people buy more than they need and don't want to leave them sitting around on the property, so they just shoot them all. Don't know, just a guess

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join