It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do Blind People believe in Aliens and UFOs?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I tend to think we see what we wanna see. I have seen UFO's before but I'm not entirely convinced that aliens were controlling these things or that they came from outer space. In fact these things seem to occur more and more just for showing an interest in them and indeed they became more frequent. IMO UFOs want/need an audience otherwise they wouldn't occur. Which brings me to my question for this thread. Do blind people believe in aliens and ufos? Since they can't see, and seeing is believing, I wonder what they think about it all. Instead of telling me to google it or ask a blind person, I would like to hear people's opinions on ATS.

Does a house haunt if there is no one around to experience the haunting?

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   
What?
you dont need to see to believe..... Go ask the religious nuts. Have they seen the big bearded guy in the sky?

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
There are plenty of people who haven't seen a UFO personally, yet still believe in them.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Master Shen long

I see your attempt at being funny, but I laughed more at your avatar, all that aside, so you think that beliefs in aliens and ufos can come from within?

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   
S&F

I have quite an obsession with blindness, and have thought about tons of these kinds of situations looking at them from a "blindness" point of view, as well as with the absence of other senses. A blind person can make the argument that color doesn't exist because they've never experienced it, but that doesn't change the fact that it does. As for blind people believing in aliens, I'd imagine some do. But I'd imagine it being harder for them to grasp UFOs. Hypothetically if a blind person received his sight back, things we consider normal would probably be alien to that person, which would include our everyday aircrafts. In essence these would be UFOs to that person.

Yes, things will continue to happen whether or not there's a witness. =P

P.S. Marth is my favorite character on Brawl. lol

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   
My boyfriend is blind and he believes in the possibility of aliens and UFO's. Just for the record, not much more I can add to that. He is very sensitive to things happening around him in a way I can't explain.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by The Endtime Warrior

Hey thats my wife your laughing at....

Its like women who believe in fairies.... They swear theay are real but have never seen 1 (unless on some strong '___'). Why cant blind people believe? But yea the belief comes from the inside, same as wacky religion.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazydaisy
My boyfriend is blind and he believes in the possibility of aliens and UFO's. Just for the record, not much more I can add to that. He is very sensitive to things happening around him in a way I can't explain.

which is why i think senses could be limiting in someway. I often felt that if you lose a sense, such as sight, it could even make you more aware of your "being" (existence)
does that make sense(!)?

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Master Shen long

well thanks for the clarification master, I see what you were talking about now. As for your wife, does she have a sister? Surely the looks run in that family!

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by cLOUDDEAD
P.S. Marth is my favorite character on Brawl. lol

That right there makes me agree with everything you said

You do bring up some brilliant points about sight and losing it, things would indeed be alien when after receiving sight again. Perhaps this should be in the philosophy forum instead? Seems like I could have taken more things into consideration besides just aliens

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Haha

But yeah, you can apply the loss of sense to anything and it gets you thinking about a lot of things. I'm near sighted and remember the first time I got glasses as a kid; how amazed I was on the drive home at how clear all the street lights and stars looked. Before that, they looked totally different to me (more blob-ish), and I never even realized that's not how they were supposed to look. lol

If I saw a UFO in the sky without my glasses, I would probably assume it was just a plane or something. lol

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 02:59 AM
link   
funny thread, I've never wondered if blind people believe in UFOs/aleins

You just know the next time I see a blind person I will feel compelled to ask them, lol

edit to add: I've never seen anything mysterious in the sky that might be some kind of alien craft but I'm still open to the possibility they exist.

[edit on 11-7-2010 by lifecitizen]

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 03:07 AM
link   

I've heard blind people only believe in stuff they can see.

Line2

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Mumbotron

Thanks for the humor! I am in a somber mood currently with all these doomsday threads around here. I needed a laugh!

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by lifecitizen

Well sometimes I wonder about the strangest stuff. Would you believe I did a search before I made this thread? Hey at least I did a little bit of homework, eh?

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 03:31 AM
link   

The Endtime Warrior.....

Do Blind People believe in Aliens and UFOs?

As in "blind" drunk?

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

That truly put a smile on your face. Must be that time of the night....I know it is for me. Cheers

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 03:35 AM
link   
I wonder strange stuff too believe me but I haven't thought too much on what being blind would be like coz it freaks me out- that would be the worst.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Endtime Warrior
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

That truly put a smile on your face. Must be that time of the night....I know it is for me. Cheers

The Endtime Warrior.....

I've been waiting to use that little guy for months!

Cheers
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by lifecitizen

I love music. Often I would try going to sleep listening to music on headphones. I would close my eyes and just focus on music. The sound becomes a catalyst to drift me away from my perception of sight.. Soon I am able actually "see" sound, it becomes right there in front of my face. Trying to erase all manifestation of music becoming tangible shapes and ideas, I soon imagine a world in which my only existence is a constant musical sequence. Am I being watched? The sensation begins to creep in that I am being observed. By a million pairs of eyes, cutting through me aiming to disrupt my twilight musical interlude....

You'll have to forgive me, but it is that time of the night, so, you know....

<<   2 >>

join