It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BP - 128 workers sick, not allowed to report to state health clinics

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 04:27 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by xstealth

www.cnn.com...
this was on cnn tonight. what people had been sayin here for months.
which explains why its more than likley true
i used to work on 3 combustion furnaces in which 2 hat 6 quench oil presses and that # smoked like cheech and chong but we also had a coolant tank and one guy told me that the only 2 people he had ever seen clean it developed cancer and died hopefully its not the same case

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Hah, this is proof the Americans are just talk. Keep drinking and smashing eachothers brains in over football matches but when your fellow countrymen are dying at the hands of corporate interests just sit and go: "I can't believe it, oh my gosh!".

Patriotic Americans dwell in Hollywood scripts only it appears.

What a twisted and deceiving nation, not only the government but the people as well, all talk. What a shame. Your freedoms are passing away. What a shame.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 04:43 AM
link   
reply to post by StarTraveller

The problem here (regarding the ladies video), is because there are two factors that lead to a clash.....

Firstly, had the lady been walking about in her everyday neighbourhood, and saw an ambulance and fire crew, she would not film it, or intrude, because she would think that rude and intrusive, which is exactly what her video was - IF this was an ordinary everyday event, which it's not! The point is, as hence the second factor, is that she was loaded with concern and fear regarding the running nightmare that is the Gulf oil leak.

So, she filmed and intruded because of the current situation, and the total lack of truth that is given to the public. Maybe this guy on the stretcher fell over, or had a heart attack... we don't know and it's not our business to know... However, when such a massive event is unfolding before our eyes and we know the powers that be are covering up the truth, our normal respectfulness and decency become blurred, as we search for answers and the truth.

As with the way the guys in the video behave over guardedly and secretive, and the government and BP shroud everything, so we are forced to act in a manner that isn't our normal behaviour... I say good for her for filming what she did, and lets hope people like her continue to dig for the truth, so we can hopefully be better informed about the true enormity of this terrible situation....

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zamini
Hah, this is proof the Americans are just talk. Keep drinking and smashing eachothers brains in over football matches but when your fellow countrymen are dying at the hands of corporate interests just sit and go: "I can't believe it, oh my gosh!".

What a twisted and deceiving nation, not only the government but the people as well, all talk. What a shame. Your freedoms are passing away. What a shame.

A shame really that a foreigner knows more about us than we know ourselves. Sometimes the truth hurts. Sometimes the truth can wake a person up. So don't flame this guy because you felt insulted by his remarks. It just means he hit close to home.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by boomadatigger

A shame really that a foreigner knows more about us than we know ourselves. Sometimes the truth hurts. Sometimes the truth can wake a person up. So don't flame this guy because you felt insulted by his remarks. It just means he hit close to home.

That's a bunch of crap. There's a ton of people trying to get the word out and trying to make things right. It's a struggle and time consuming.

Just because one group of people have slyly and methodically applied pressure and power of the public doesn't mean we're all stupid Americans for not wanting develop powers over other of the public.

Silly foreigners, the entire world doesn't equal the amount of monetary donations of our one silly country. Go ahead and sit behind your keyboard spouting out phrases of insult. It has some base but you apply it to the whole which is not even close to the truth.

b

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by ziggyproductions05

in response to ziggy YOU SAID
im almost losing the 'oh my gosh' factor from these BP threads. none of it suprises me anymore. BP could come out with a press conference held by satan saying "we are going to kill all of you, isnt it obvious" and i wouldnt have an ounce of shock in my body

ISAID never a truer word said in jest !!!! but it wont be BP that says it it will be OBAMAnation and i wish they werent called british petroleum anymore its a long time since theyve been a state owned and run company the BRITISH have nothing to do with them anymore but anyway by the time this is all over we shall all know just how deep the rabbit hole goes

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 05:57 AM
link   

I don't see you doing anything either, smart guy. It sounds like the pot is calling the kettle black. It must be real easy to sit there in judgment of other people like some kind of keyboard deity, now that you've personally gotten off your butt and fixed every single problem ever faced by whatever country you live in.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by xstealth

Where's the video gone??!?!?

Its been removed by user....arrrggghhh...I really wanted to watch that...

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 06:11 AM
link   
THis seems like a real dodgey thread.

The video from the OP is now gone?

If anyone is sick they can go to their own doctor or to a hospital.

No one can stop you going to your own doctor or to another hospital.

This is more fearmongering.

This whole website has turned into fearmongering. Its all a bunch of crap.

THis is now getting worse the swine flu fearmongering we has to listen to last year.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh we're all gonnnnna die !!! OMG

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by OptimusPrimate

Try this.............

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Zamini

Let me remind you that it was a mere 3.5-5% of the "Subjects" of the British Colonies of North America who actually took up arms against the King and British Crown during the American Revolutionary War. We are slow to anger here in the States, I'm not sure what nation you are from but have been to the "united states of America"?

ETA:Mods, I am not advocating or calling for anyone to take up arms. Yet

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 07:02 AM
link   
About the "dissapearing video"- Utube has a policy, of "removing", any material that MIGHT offend TPTB. AND saying that the user did it!! LOLPIP!! Adding insult to injury, so to speak.
As far as a NEW, THIRD American revolution- sign me-up. I'm already on REDLIST, how many times can they kill me? I just want to take a large "honor guard"!!

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by ckitch

The womans behaviour in that video is ridiculous. She is like paparazzi.

She has no business taking video footage of somebody been put into an ambulance. She has no idea what is wrong with that person.

The cop was just trying to keep her outta the way and give the injured party some privacy. He walked away in the end because he was fed up listening to her. He would have made her day if he had of arrested her. She could have went national with the storyand would have been a hero. Wow. I feel sorry for the cop having to listen to people like that constantly melting his head. Fair play to him for walking away instead of rising to her baiting.

Shameful behaviour.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Patriotgal
About the "dissapearing video"- Utube has a policy, of "removing", any material that MIGHT offend TPTB. AND saying that the user did it!! LOLPIP!! Adding insult to injury, so to speak.
As far as a NEW, THIRD American revolution- sign me-up. I'm already on REDLIST, how many times can they kill me? I just want to take a large "honor guard"!!

How can the thread keep going when there is no video and just some statement that no one can stop BP?

The thread needs to be closed by MODS.

You guys with your comments on revolution make me laugh

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnySeagull

If you read what I posted, you will see why she reacted like she did. It wasn't right how she behaved, but it was understandable, given the current events. She is clearly afraid, as are countless thousands in that area..... Rational behaviour is not an easy thing to maintain when fear takes over.

So you are right, but it's not that straight forward.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 07:10 AM
link   
1st video has been removed.

Nice work big mouth lady !

Can get a second opinion or better care !!!? Pfffffffff bad america, go to your room !

I'm furious and wordless.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by StarTraveller

Originally posted by crazydaisy
reply to post by StarTraveller

I watched the vid of the lady with the camera and the cop keeping her back WITHOUT SOUND. Not once did she approach the ambulance! Keep the sound off you might get another perspective. There sure was some other guys at the ambulance door tho - badges turned backwards.

I understand your point buddy and will try as suggested but the fact that someone is pointing a video camera at the ambulance would be enough for me to tell them to walk on. We all know the zoom some of these bad boys have. I take note on the points mentioned about the cop being off duty as well. I just wanted to give my perspective on the video but as always am willing to listen and take in others

You and BP have the same perspective.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by ckitch

I don't think she was scared, she was their with her mate. She was pumped full of Adrenalin.

To try and say the cop scared her because he was a big guy is bull.

Look at me, poor little person, look at the big scary bad cop.....

video stinks and damages videos by people not looking to sensationalise everything.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Fox News reported almost a month ago on BP's control of the clean-up workers' health care.

BP would not allow county health officials onto their campus. They finally allowed one nurse. They told workers that if they became sick, the nurse could only give them band-aid or an aspirin, and if they really felt sick they had to go to the BP doctors, so BP has complete control over the healthcare of those workers and what's happening.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join