It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Emmanuel Swedenborg - a great prophet gives us full details on judgment day...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 04:21 AM
link   
Here I have some quotes on our coming apocalypse and new church from the great prophet, scientist and universal genius Emmanuel Swedenborg:

“Of that ancient Word which existed in Asia before the Israelitish Word, I am permitted to state this new thing, namely, that it is still preserved there among the people who dwell in Great Tartary.” “The angels and spirits from Great Tartary are seen in the southern quarter on its eastern side, and are separated from others by dwelling in a higher expanse, and by their not permitting anyone to come to them from the Christian world, or, if any ascend, by guarding them to prevent their return. Their possessing a different Word is the cause of this separation.”
“True Christian religion”

“I have spoken with spirits and angels who came from there, and they said that they possess a Word, and have from ancient times; and that their divine worship is performed according to this Word, which consists of pure correspondences... They said that they worship Jehovah, some as an invisible, and some as a visible God. Moreover they said that they do not permit foreigners to come among them, except the Chinese, with whom they cultivate peace, because the emperor of China is from their country... Seek for it in China, and perhaps you will find it there among the Tartars.”
”Arcana, Vol. 2, No. 1 (1995)”

“He persecuted the woman that brought forth the male, signifies that those who are meant by "the dragon" would from hatred and enmity reject and revile the church which is the New Jerusalem, because it has the doctrine of life. This is evident from the signification of "persecuting," as being, in reference to those who are meant by "the dragon," to reject and revile from hatred and enmity (of which presently); also from the signification of "the woman," as being the church that is called the New Jerusalem ; also from the signification of "the male," as being the doctrine of that church, which is the doctrine of life. From this it is clear that "the dragon persecuting the woman that brought forth the male" signifies that those who are meant by the dragon will from hatred and enmity reject and revile the church which is the New Jerusalem, because it has the doctrine of life.”
“Apocalypse Explained”

“He will not come to destroy the visible heaven and the habitable earth (ibid., n. 768 seq.); but to separate the evil from the good.”
“Invitation to the“New Church”

It is an absolute necessity that God should manifest Himself, and thereby cause Himself to be acknowledged, and after acknowledgment should inspire man with His Divine influence, and by this, received in the heart, lead him at length even to Himself in heaven; all which cannot possibly be effected except by instruction. Must not also an emperor, and a king, first cause himself to be acknowledged and crowned, before he enters on his government?

“This coming of the lord which is his second coming, is taking place in order that the evil may be separated from the good, and that those who have believed and do believe in him, may be saved, and that from them a new angelic heaven and a new church on earth may be formed; and without this, no flesh could be saved.”

“This second coming of the lord is effected by means of a man to whom the Lord has manifested himself in person, and whom he has filled with his spirit, that he may teach the doctrines of the New Church from the Lord by means of a man to whom the Lord has manifested himself in person, and whom he has filled with his spirit, that he may teach the doctrines of the New Church from the Lord by means of the word.”

To be continued..

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 04:38 AM
link   
“This second coming of the lord is effected by means of a man to whom the Lord has manifested himself in person, and whom he has filled with his spirit, that he may teach the doctrines of the New Church from the Lord by means of the word.”

“He will do this by means of a man, who is able not only to receive these doctrines in his understanding but also to publish them by the press.”

“It is in accordance with Divine order that a new heaven should be formed before a new church is established on earth, for the church is both internal and external.”

Now to some obvious clues from Swedenborg:

1) He says the second coming is originating from China.
2) Good people wil be separated from evil people
3) He sasy the Lord will be manifested in flesh by a holy man
4) This man and his disciples will be persecuted by the "Dragon" which is symbolic for an evil organization.
5) This holy man will publish the doctrines of the future mankind by means of the press.

If we look at Falun Gong today, does it not match exactly Swedenborg´s prophecy and his description of "New Church"? It does.

Falun Gong is persecuted by the evil Chinese Communist Party(the Dragon), it has a Master(Master Li) which presented the whole theory of self-cultivation, it has 100 million followers worldwide. He has published several books on his doctrines and he has enormous compassion.

Swedenborg explicitly tells all christians that going to church is not going to save you at all, how you cultivate yourself in daily life is what decides your destination after death.

In fact Swedenborg says the modern church is corrupt and Jesus wordsare completely misunderstood today. Jesus was a great man just like Master Li points out. However, after 2000 years his bible words have been utterly misunderstood and the mistakes are well defined by Swedenborg who communicated directly with Jesus on this matter.

Many christians believe they will be saved by going to church once per week and smiling and being nice to eachother when being at church. As soon as they get out of church they fight for fame and gain in society again. So those minutes at church being nice will save you?

Not at all.

In fact Swedenborg says heaven is not one level but many, many heavenly layers and the better you become the higher level you reach(in fact just like Buddhism tells) after death. Christianity on a high level is Buddhism.

That means doing a good job in everyday life, always being kind and compassionate to others, not disliking or liking different people, taking care of your family, never looking down on anyone, getting rid of all your attachments to self, lust, desires, intellect, pride, money, fame, material stuff etc.

Anyone studying Swedenborg will find his advice fascinating and after comparing with the teachings of Falun Gong all your doubts will be shattered on the matter of the coming apocalypse.

Good people will have no problems, evil people will perish. He who can enlighten in time has everything to win by cultivating himself in daily life.

[edit on 6-7-2010 by Gaussq]

[edit on 6-7-2010 by Gaussq]

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Just currious here...
Does this mean that only Christians will be considered "Good People"
or do you have another opinion?

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 04:53 AM
link   
So summarizing this it would mean all you need to do is be a good boy and Jehovah will save you? he doesn't care about anybody explicitly calling out his name for salvation? sorry but I have a hard time believing this since that would mean alot of different doctrines worshipping as many different deity's would all be aplicable for salvation as long as they behave...
Kind of funny to see gods true name appear here though

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 05:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormwind

Of course not!

Good people is anyone who is living a virtuous life and avoding doing bad deeds. If he belongs to a religion or not does not matter, his way of life makes the whole difference.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 05:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Gaussq

Thanks you very much for your post, and I like the way you explain who are Good People.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by faceoff85

Yes, whatever you believe is true is secondary since everyone will see different scenes when meditating(there are so many levels that few people see the same stuff). Your actions in daily life are everything that counts.

Everyone can say I believe in God but very few can live like God wants them to live. Some good people may not have a theoretic belief in Gods but still they will be saved if they have little karma and much virtue since they are good people doing mostly good deeds. It is said good people will jsut continue through Samsara all the same after the apocalypse. Only through self-cultivation to very high levels may they become immortals.

Of course, if you start self-cultivation belief in Gods is a necessary foundation to build on. But how high you reach is determined by how many attachments you can rid from yourself, how much karma you can eliminate etc. This is called "Xinxing" level. Xinxing includes virtue, endurance, forbearance etc. The basis of true self-cultivation in Falun Gong is Truthfulness, Compassion and Forbearance.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Gaussq

Well another viewpoint we both share is that we both have the same prospect of eternal life instead of the more common doctrines of either goin to heaven or reincarnating.. I believe the true promise Jehovah god gave us is immortality combined with a "perfect body and mind" with whatever extra abilities that comes..

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by faceoff85
reply to post by Gaussq

Well another viewpoint we both share is that we both have the same prospect of eternal life instead of the more common doctrines of either goin to heaven or reincarnating.. I believe the true promise Jehovah god gave us is immortality combined with a "perfect body and mind" with whatever extra abilities that comes..

Great news, I also find it most interesting to hear that a heavenly life only lasts for about 500 years and then you are sent down again. To get out of the loop and become an immortal you must rid yourself of each and every attachment inside you.

When Master Li says Jesus, Buddha and Lao Zi became Tathagata gods(first Buddha level) I find it extraordinarily interesting. Below that level is of course Arhat and Bodhisattva - still immortal levels. Each person has his original status and that is where he can reach to at a maximum by self-cultivation. I believe all self-cultivators are aiming at Arhat status but so few can make it, especially westerners who are loaded with desires and emotions.

IMAGINE GETTING RID OF EVERY DESIRE AND EMOTION. IS IT EASY?

IT IS VERY PAINFUL AND HARD INDEED BUT WORTHWHILE OF COURSE...

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 07:52 AM
link   
I understand getting rid of need and desire, but how can you rid yourself of a chemical reaction in the brain causing emotional reaction to a given circumstance? Its simply part of who we are as humans, our physical makup if you will. Part of our DNA.

Another note; I'd definately be willing to come back a million time just to have knowledge, feeling, the sharing of love between family and friends, and of course lovers. Is this not an emotion?

[edit on 6-7-2010 by Stormwind]

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   
the usual lie....you see this world is wearing out like a garmet....it won't last for eternity in order to accommodate souls returning every 500 years to get refined. let me say this simply....talk to God and He will talk back to you.!! how cool is that. you can ask for His help, and you will not be denied. test Him....He stands at your door and knocks....: that's correct, i said TEST.! did you know He has a plan for your life. a definite plan that may include skills you do not excell at, that way you have to rely on following His plan( as you pay close attention to His lead)

[edit on 6-7-2010 by GBP/JPY]

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by GBP/JPY

Maybe this thread will help you see the background to this subject:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I do believe this is a discussion about beliefs. I share your belief that higher beings have a detailed plan for your life. In case you self-cultivate your plan is changed from the first day you decide to self-cultivate and the high being planning your life is sidestepped and your Master takes over to make you reach higher levels beyond everyday people.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormwind

Sentimentality is the reason normal people are living. In case one wants to stay an everyday person of course one will not start doing self-cultivation. I am sure some people can break through all their emotions and desires, it depends on their inborn nature. Some people like me feel their life was a waste of time until they found Falun Gong and had the righteous tool to rise up to high levels.

Only those predestined people who want to transcend this dimension will start self-cultivation. Ie people Jesus, Lao Zi and Buddha plus the real saints, Bodhisattvas, Buddhist monks etc etc.

They are all typical examples of self-cultivators. As an everyday person I believe the only important thing is to be good and kindhearted.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Emmanuel Swedenborg is an interesting character, a former scientist turned mystic. He's the one who actually coined the term "Hypnogogic State", that twilight between waking and sleep.

He actually figured out what caused tooth decay from one of his hypnogogic visions. While pondering the problem, he fell asleep and saw the image of a decaying tooth, which then morphed into the image of curdled milk. Upon waking, he figured out that since bacteria causes milk to curdle, then bacteria must also be that causes teeth to decay.

His writings are over 200 years old, and are heavily influenced by religious doctrine. When reading them, you have to keep in mind the context of the times, and the huge influence the church had back then. All his works are available online for free with a little searching, one of my favs being "Heaven and it's Wonders and Hell", available here:
www.theisticscience.org...

What's interesting is that his description of the hell realms encountered in dream states has been echoed many times over by other people, perhaps most recently by Rosemary Ellen Guiley. I've even visited those dream based hell realms myself, which inspired one of my first bouts of lucidity, simply because I wanted to get out of there so bad.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Thanks for your reply, yes Swedenborg is considerred the highest-level Swede of all times in many circles. His virtue, genius and scope of work is surpassed by few people in history. He boldly told about evil, cunning and deceitful jesuits being lowerred into the boiling cauldrons of hell, and the good jesuits rising up to heaven. White people are inferior to black and yellow people up there in the heavens due to our interior quality being inferior.

What looks good(riches and external success) down here usually looks bad up there. Saying something good counts for nothing if your heart and mind is dirty inside. Actions count for everything. Being poor is considerred terrible down here, on the other side it is considerred a blessing since you gain alot of virtue by suffering and being poor.

The only safe way reaching the heavens today is by being a kindhearted, compassionate and good person(not following the deteriorating trends of modern society) and preferrably starting self-cultivation in an upright practice like Falun Gong.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
A very good thread, and thank you.

I was in the U of Guelph library years ago; I'd spend the odd night wandering through one of their many levels and millions of books and reading what came to interest. I picked Emmanuel Swedenborgs "Heaven and Hell" from the shelf, a thin book whose title caught me. Years later, I've handed copies of that book to several friends, and have encouraged others to read it. It remains the greatest shaping extra-biblical source I've encountered, among literary works. An understanding of correspondences within our bodies/this world and heaven or hell is a lasting process of such importance that I could not understate its importance while remaining truthful with myself. Mankind was so much closer to their Creator in ages past, and what was lost in the field of correspondences is the very art, or craft, or as I see it, devotion to being receptive to, and pleasing towards, ones Creator and all members of heavenly agency. It's what we participate in, or "what comes out of a man"*, that makes us worldly, disconnected, and resigned to our distances.

* Mark 7:15

“Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You clean the outside of the cup and dish, but inside they are full of greed and self-indulgence. Blind Pharisee! First clean the inside of the cup and dish, and then the outside also will be clean.

“Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You are like whitewashed tombs, which look beautiful on the outside but on the inside are full of dead men’s bones and everything unclean. In the same way, on the outside you appear to people as righteous but on the inside you are full of hypocrisy and wickedness.

Matthew 25-28
niv.scripturetext.com...

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Just great, all we need is another false religion.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Gaussq

Na another bag of wind.

2nd line

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
One-liners mean little to nothing.

2nd

Edit to clarify: We are still speaking about Christianity as the works of Emmanuel Swedenborg, a Christian philosopher at the broadest definition.
edit on 9-11-2010 by Northwarden because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by bputman
Just great, all we need is another false religion.

Yes, to add to all the other false religions.

The only religion needed is the one which allows our neighbors (world) to benefit from our being.
If you do it for yourself, or for your own salvation; it's pointless and sort of selfish, don'tcha think?

This means using your brain and your heart; your intellect and your spirit.
Preaching words back and forth is a feedback loop.
Reading and repeating words doesn't change the world.
Inspiration is useless if it stays bottled in a church.
It all means nothing unless you explore, discover, and be the change.
Apply yourself to your world, and your world will apply itself back.

The only false religions are those that strive to divide, conquer, and favor the devout.
Likewise, the religion practiced in heaven probably has no name.

"A man's ethical behavior should be based effectually on sympathy, education, and social ties; no religious basis is necessary. Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear of punishment and hope of reward after death." (Albert Einstein)
edit on 9-11-2010 by xiphias because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join