It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel to present blacklist of items forbidden to Gaza on Monday

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Israel to present blacklist of items forbidden to Gaza on Monday

www.ynetnews.com

The "blacklist" of items Israel is not allowing to enter the Gaza Strip will be presented Monday at a press conference at the Foreign Ministry, a few hours before Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu leaves for Washington.

The list, drawn up by the security establishment, may also be given to Palestinian Prime Minister Salam Fayyad during a meeting expected to take place tomorrow between him and Defense Minister Ehud Barak. (Roni Sofer)

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.foxnews.com
online.wsj.com

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I can't wait to see what ridiculous items are going to be on this list. I'm sure there will probably be a lot of things that can't even be considered a weapon, or military assets. Also any items that will feed the "military machine" in Gaza will be banned. Germany has condemned the action by Israel and called for the "complete end of the blockade".

Has anyone seen the current list of banned items?

Well here is the partial list:

www.fastforgaza.net...

www.ynetnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   
the only thing on the prohibbited list that i can personaly relate to any thing shady (that i have a link for atleast so try not to call me a zionist or anything) is i read a link a while ago and ill try to find it again just be paitent but there was this news story that was saying that some(not all) palestinains in(my opinion) are doing to protest in a nonviolent way is by planting trees in the land claimed by isrel so that if they have to bulldoze it they have to kill lots of trees and other green things and i personaly thing thats an amzeing idea by the palestinans beacause people who side with the jews on everything are often invironmentalists and the image of the idf troops buldozeing trees will offend alot of supporters for the idf and in that its ingenious and this is just the isralies attempt to get rid of the one good card they had for public relations lol sorry for bad spelling but its the 4th and im kinda drunk so spell check isnt realy working at the moment

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Why would

chocolate

be prohibited

?

edit: I simply cannot stop laughing at the chocolate,

[edit on 4-7-2010 by tristar]

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by tristar

We all know that chocolate is what fuels terrorism and the war machine?

See for yourself:

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I can't believe that size A4 paper is on the banned list. I didn't notice it the first time. Writing instruments and paper.

Wouldn't want the people in Gaza writing strongly worded letters, now would we?

I understand guns, explosives, building materials etc., but paper and spices COME ON !!!!!

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Iserail is trying to throw the dog a bone and think it will shut up.

Too late my freinds the world has caught on to you and will stop you.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by SUICIDEHK45

Just a heads up, both of your links to the docs have been taken off line.

oops..my mistake they seem to okay.

[edit on 4-7-2010 by tristar]

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 04:25 AM
link   
The chocolate & spices are banned because, otherwise, the blockade would be rather pointless. The purpose of a military blockade is to pressure the enemy into compliance through imposed discomfort and inconvenience. Israel is allowing basic food items through so as not to starve the Gazans (though sans international outcry, they'd likely carry this out as a historically traditional blockade and disallow even basic food items) but they are not going to permit anything viewed as a luxury or comfort ingredient through.

It actually makes sense from the standpoint of putting pressure on Gaza to bend to Israel's demands here.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 05:07 AM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

Sorry, that only makes sense if they want to provide the Gaza Tunneldiggers with a secure income. This list has nothing to do with preventing arms or rocket parts from being smuggled.
Its a clumsy attempt to bully the palestinian population, nothing else. The IDF bombed the city to smithereesns and now outlaws among others construction, fishing, agriculture, preparing food and writing letters. If the IDF wants peace, it should either learn to hit its targets or stop conducting war. And the civil population is not a legal target, not even by Israeli law.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Here is some updated info:

www.sfgate.com.../g/a/2010/07/04/bloomberg1376-L538XI6TZ01V01-4PILO7COQIQ9F9VUKLVBST9BMS.DTL

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Link didn't work...

Here's another Israel creates new Gaza 'blacklist'

In a statement, Israel said all items would be allowed into Gaza except "weapons, war material and dual-use items".

Sounds only slightly different to me, and in essence, they are still blockaded, and the same issues that existed about search and seizure and interception "if they believe" there are banned items on board a ship still exist. Lip service.

top topics

join