It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Atheists Nightmare

page: 63
<< 60  61  62    64  65  66 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by MCAinSTL
In 1670, Blaise Pascal wrote the Pensees, where he wrote what's known as Pascal's Wager.

Simply put, he says it's better to believe in God, and live a righteous life. That way, if God exists, you will receive salvation. If there is no God, well, no harm no foul, you will be worm meal. If you don't believe and there is a God, you are kind of screwed.

That has all been covered in this very thread.

One thing about atheists, they are more annoying about their religion of non-belief that the most evangelical Christians.

Really? Did ya read the OP by any chance? Did you read any of his insults, assaults, lies, and just plain nasty little posts attacking anyone not agreeing with him? You know, the CHRISTIAN OP? Seeing as how you did not even read the thread, it seems doubtful you read anything past the title.

They scream "Seperate church and state" yet they have are doing whatever they can to make their religion of atheism the state religion.

That was really well thought out, insightful and intelligent. Oh, wait no. It is an ignorant sentence with no real meaning to it that would not have been posted by anyone reading this thread all the way through.

What are you drinking tonight?

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by No King but Jesus

So all those that god told to go out and kill in his name were not rewarded with eternal life? But if they didn't do it they would be punished. That's the ultimate catch-22, because god has ordered you to kill people in his COMMANDMENTS.

"Next we headed for the land of Bashan, where King Og and his army attacked us at Edrei. but the LORD told me, 'Do not be afraid of him, for I have given you victory over Og and his army, giving you his entire land.

Treat him just as you treated King Sihon of the Amorites, who ruled in Heshbon.' So the LORD our God handed King Og and all his people over to us, and we killed them all.

We conquered all sixty of his towns, the entire Argob region in his kingdom of Bashan. These were all fortified cities with high walls and barred gates. We also took many unwalled villages at the same time. We completely destroyed the kingdom of Bashan, just as we had destroyed King Sihon of Heshbon. We destroyed all the people in every town we conquered – men, women, and children alike. But we kept all the livestock for ourselves and took plunder from all the towns." -- Deuteronomy 3:1-7

So Joshua and his warriors traveled to the water near Merom and attacked suddenly. And the LORD gave them victory over their enemies. The Israelites chased them as far as Great Sidon and Misrephoth-maim, and eastward into the valley of Mizpah, until not one enemy warrior was left alive. Then Joshua crippled the horses and burned all the chariots, as the LORD had instructed. Joshua then turned back and captured Hazor and killed its king. The Israelites completely destroyed every living thing in the city. Not a single person was spared. And then Joshua burned the city. Joshua slaughtered all the other kings and their people, completely destroying them, just as Moses, the servant of the LORD, had commanded. However, Joshua did not burn any of the cities built on mounds except Hazor.

And the Israelites took all the captured goods and cattle of the ravaged cities for themselves, but they killed all the people. As the LORD had commanded his servant Moses, so Moses commanded Joshua. And Joshua did as he was told, carefully obeying all of the LORD's instructions to Moses.
-- Joshua 11:7-15

The LORD then gave these further instructions to Moses: 'Tell the people of Israel to keep my Sabbath day, for the Sabbath is a sign of the covenant between me and you forever. It helps you to remember that I am the LORD, who makes you holy. Yes, keep the Sabbath day, for it is holy.

Anyone who desecrates it must die;

anyone who works on that day will be cut off from the community. Work six days only, but the seventh day must be a day of total rest. ' -- Exodus 31:12-15

So don't give me any humbug about God not allowing you kill. The rule of law is You shall not murder, not "You shall not kill."

So, now that we are clarified in the biblical teachings, we can readdress the question:

Since if God asks you to kill somebody it is not MURDER, but divine duty, and thus not a sin:

If God spoke to you again and told you that you needed to kill a man, for all humans salvation as well as your own, would you do it. YES OR NO?

[edit on 7-14-2010 by WolfofWar]

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by K J Gunderson

They scream "Seperate church and state" yet they have are doing whatever they can to make their religion of atheism the state religion.

That was really well thought out, insightful and intelligent. Oh, wait no. It is an ignorant sentence with no real meaning to it that would not have been posted by anyone reading this thread all the way through.

For the record, I only read the OP + last few pages. To be fair, I have had enough of "these" conversations to already know what is up.

As for that quote you responded to KJ. I would feel gratified in the fact that, even if the Athiests do that junk, they don't make gross mass generalizations about one type of people like Christians do!

/discordianism

For the broken record, I be Discordian

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost

It kind of depends on what you believe god is. My wife is a Christian, so I've hitched my horse to that wagon, although I more tend to believe in the little green man theory of God. We are too complex of machines to just be here naturally, and I find if I read between the lines of the bible, that God is plural in Genesis, and in Genesis 6, before the flood story, they speak of the sons of God screwing the daughters of man, that gives credence to the stories from the Greek Gods, there seems to be something to it. I tend to give merit to all the ancient texts.

As Thomas Jefferson said, "Fix reason firmly in her seat, and call to her tribunal every fact, every opinion. Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there is one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blindfolded fear."

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by K J Gunderson

the scriptures answer best I would only be rewriting the answer now would'nt I and seeing how you are addicted to accusation to attempt to feel better for the life I thought you said you loved I refuse to help you in your addiction and I know that hurts but sometimes tuff love is the best Way, so play some Elton and relax we got plenty of time right?

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 01:42 AM
link   

You know, ad hominem attacks just show someone lacks the facts and ability to make a rational argument.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by No King but Jesus

Enough. Just yes or no. It's a simple question you seem to be afraid to answer.

If you don't answer this, after one more post, I'm just going to assume tacit compliance that yes -- you would kill a person for the voice you hear which you believe to be God.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Nightmares keeping you up?

Clearly the two of you have a drinking problem

One drink is not a drinking problem though you may be so intimately acquainted with such a folly, you imagine it is universal.

Nice try though.
It would make it so much more believable, and easier for you to discredit people speaking of things you know nothing about.
In your own ignorance you try to discount them, sway them. You mock and jeer, as if you are the first. As if anyone enlightened would heed one rotting, decaying, lie that crawls out of your mouth.

These well intentioned hope to save "your immortal soul" although I can't imagine why anyone would try. You do not allow for a soul, not to say it isn't laying dormant in there somewhere, like a shriveled nut.
Your sad "how religion burned me" tale is common and so understandable. Christians in particular can be/have been, reprehensible but you are tiring with your intolerance as well. Reading from the Bible to dis-prove an essence that can never be found in a book.. is futile.
And from your tone and temperament, I think you are wasting valuable people skills here, when you could better fulfill your clear intentions, and get some fresh air, by going out and haunting a house...
...like a nice poltergeist.

[edit on 14-7-2010 by rusethorcain]

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by adigregorio
For the record, I only read the OP + last few pages. To be fair, I have had enough of "these" conversations to already know what is up.

You also did not wast my time with a post explaining things that have been discussed at length.

As for that quote you responded to KJ. I would feel gratified in the fact that, even if the Athiests do that junk, they don't make gross mass generalizations about one type of people like Christians do!

You mean something like starting a thread to tell all atheists they are wrong and going to suffer for it?
They also do not seem to be too worried about making laws about things like whether or not gay people can marry each other or other such "nunya" issues. Christians seem to think that their rules should be everyone's rules, whether they are also Christian or not. Sounds awfully Sharia to me.

/discordianism

For the broken record, I be Discordian

Funny, I was going to take Discordian lessons but the instructor and I could never agree when to meet.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by No King but Jesus

the scriptures answer best I would only be rewriting the answer now would'nt I and seeing how you are addicted to accusation to attempt to feel better for the life I thought you said you loved I refuse to help you in your addiction and I know that hurts but sometimes tuff love is the best Way, so play some Elton and relax we got plenty of time right?

The truth is you cannot answer. You cannot answer me and you cannot answer wolf. If you understood any of the text you were quoting, you could explain and apply it. You have failed to do that at every turn and even cower from any attempt here and now.

If you cannot explain the answers you THINK are in the quotes you provide, stop providing them.

Think about it. If I do not see any answers in there, what good are you doing quoting them? Do you want to keep tossing empty words at me or convey a message? Responding to us leads me to believe you want to engage with us and yet, here you say that if we do not understand the answers that is just too bad.

I call your bluff. You do not understand what you quote. You could not explain any of it and how it answers anything if your everlasting soul depended on it. I can match you empty quote for quote for eternity if that is what you want to do. It is a big book. I would rather talk to someone who understands the words they post.

Make up your mind so I can just ignore you. Wolf already trapped you in your own words and anything short of explaining a real answer will simply prove you the phone bible quote generator that you are.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Let's see.....athiests who have achieved power in the world. Hitler, Stalin, Pol Pot. We know how all those have worked out.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by WolfofWar

if you would again have taken the time to read the scripts a few posts back you would see that there is a NEW TESTAMENT and an old one for a reason

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 01:56 AM
link   

You know, ad hominem attacks just show someone lacks the facts and ability to make a rational argument.

You mean like this -

One thing about atheists, they are more annoying about their religion of non-belief that the most evangelical Christians.

Maybe you have a point.

I was simply pointing out what a waste it is to post ignorantly in a thread such as this. The knowledge you wanted to impart has been imparted as well as dashed to bits. I can sum it up for you. If your omnipotent god accepts feigned love that exists for the simple fact of better safe than sorry, then everything else about that god no longer makes sense. If that god is anything like the god people keep talking about, he aint gonna give you no special love because you kept him around, just in case.

As long as you are getting all bunched up over me reacting to YOUR AD HOM, keep in mind -

They scream "Seperate church and state" yet they are doing whatever they can to make their religion of atheism the state religion
is also insulting just in the nature of how untrue and unfounded it is.

So...as they say on the playground

You started it.

[edit on 14-7-2010 by K J Gunderson]

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Let's see.....athiests who have achieved power in the world. Hitler, Stalin, Pol Pot. We know how all those have worked out.

Starting your list off with a Christian does little to make your point.

How many great leader that claim to be Christians do you think will hold up to No King but Jesus plethora of bible quotes if we take a look?

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 01:59 AM
link   

if you would again have taken the time to read the scripts a few posts back you would see that there is a NEW TESTAMENT and an old one for a reason

What is that reason? If you resort to Christ "fulfilling" the law you are going to have to show where it says that means to do away with.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 02:00 AM
link   

So then, just to be clear, you wouldn't kill somebody if god told you to?

I don't care about what your scriptures say, I just want to hear a yes or no from you. One word post. That's all I want. yes or no.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 02:00 AM
link   

As you don't seem to be a thinker, let me enlighten you on who is suing to keep religion out of schools and the public areas.

Actually I was wrong, athesim isn't the religion of non-belivers, Nazism and Communism are.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 02:01 AM
link   

reply to post by rusethorcain

here's a drink on The House-

For John the Baptist came neither eating bread nor drinking wine, and they say, 'He has a demon.' The Son of Man came eating and drinking, and they say, 'Here is a glutton and a drunkard, a friend of publicans and "sinners." '-Luke7.34

Don't go there Jesus. I'd hate to have to eviscerate you too.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 02:02 AM
link   

If you paid attention in history class, you would know that Hitler said that being religious was a sign of weakness. Hitler was a Norse Pagan.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 02:05 AM
link   
[mor

[edit on 14-7-2010 by MCAinSTL]

new topics

top topics

<< 60  61  62    64  65  66 >>

join