It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Atheists Nightmare

page: 42
<< 39  40  41    43  44  45 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

You're presenting a simple yes it is, no it isn't, arguement guy. It really dosn't rate a response. Israel became a nation in one day. The Bible called it and you can't handle it so don't disrupt this thread with your flac.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by No King but Jesus
reply to post by Hitotsumami

reply to post by Hitotsumami

sorry to interject (and meant to do so earlier but got caught on the phone- about the daily evidence question)but I cannot resist, so here is a few points to ponder-

"Whoever welcomes one of these little children in my name welcomes me; and whoever welcomes me does not welcome me but the one who sent me."-Mark9.37

By oppression and judgment he was taken away.
And who can speak of his descendants?-Is53.8

She gave birth to a son-Rev12.5

We really don't need your interjection of biblical verses like you always do in any thread that even remotely talks about religion, it really won't convince anyone.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by hippomchippo

Originally posted by Conclusion
reply to post by hippomchippo

I know that they have done it for a plant over 30 generations. So they have not done it for humans yet? Okay. I guess it would take some time.

Humans are quite a bit more complex than plants mate.

Yes they are.
Thank God.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   

I know that they have done it for a plant over 30 generations. So they have not done it for humans yet? Okay. I guess it would take some time.

Humans are quite a bit more complex than plants mate.

Yes they are.
Thank God.

I'll thank evolution

But I would really like to have a bit more defense on our naked bodies, maybe a stinger or two, that would have been nice.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Conclusion

Thanks for the reply!

Forgive my knowledge of those numbers. Is there anyway you could tell me how much that is? Like 1000, or 20 billion?

Sure!

~3×10−6 or ~2.7×10−5 is .00003 - .00027

and

~2.5×10−8 is .00000025

Kind regards

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by No King but Jesus

Posting bible quotes without offering your own interpretation is kinda pointless. Either way, it's not as if the bible is proof of anything...even if it's got some decent sections (just like Buddhist/Muslim scriptures) that can be applied to modern life. Plenty of others though that are so far from modern society, they can't be taken seriously...

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Thank you for the reply!

I am not sure I understand what you are trying to get across in your post. Could you possibly explain it further to me? I am very sorry!

Kind regards

[edit on 11-7-2010 by Hitotsumami]

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   

yes you do you just don't realize yet and first lesson of manners for you today *boy(meaning the truth) is don't speak for others unless asked what kind of freedom are you interested in anyway?

*boy-one who is inmature

the head of every man is Christ-1Cor11.3

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   

yes you do you just don't realize yet and first lesson of manners for you today *boy(meaning the truth) is don't speak for others unless asked what kind of freedom are you interested in anyway?

*boy-one who is inmature

the head of every man is Christ-1Cor11.3

Don't speak to others unless asked?
No thank you.
I don't follow the bible, it may have some good rules, but you certainly aren't going to convince me Jesus was the son of a god when you're posting the exact same bible verses I disgarded as a teen.
Perhaps I'm a little sick of you not saying anything besides quoting bible verses in every thread you've posted in? This isn't a church, it's a forum.

[edit on 11-7-2010 by hippomchippo]

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by MrXYZ

You're presenting a simple yes it is, no it isn't, arguement guy. It really dosn't rate a response. Israel became a nation in one day. The Bible called it and you can't handle it so don't disrupt this thread with your flac.

When is a nation a nation? When the constitution is signed. How long does that take? How long did it take in the past? How long does it take to sign a constitution and call it "official"? LESS THAN A DAY! If only 3 people sign it, it probably takes less than a minute, and not a day as your glorious "prophecy" claims.

Not my problem if you can't deal with reality and the fact that most prophecies are so weak and vague that they HAVE to come true.

I think it's kinda sad that you come here and make random statements, and when people criticize you, all you do is say "that doesn't even warrant a reply" just because you can't come up with a good answer. It makes you look very weak.

Apologies if you consider criticism and discussions a "disturbance" just because it doesn't fit your world view. Again, it makes you look incredibly weak.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   
anyone who believes that this entity lives in the sky and created all of this needs to seriously free their mind.

Why would anything so powerful either create the mess we live in, or allow the mess we live in to happen. we weren't created by a force of good anyway.

i find it scary that some people actually truely believe this #.

i dont know how many people know this, but when a psychiatrist is examining you they usually ask you if you are religious. hint hint

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

He who speaks on his own does so to gain honor for himself-John7.18

that very word which I spoke-John12.48

For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear.-2Tim4.3

[edit on by No King but Jesus]

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Please post what's on your mind. Don't words and sentences from the bible. I can start using the quran.

link   

We really don't need your interjection of biblical verses like you always do in any thread that even remotely talks about religion, it really won't convince anyone.

How does it feel to be a nobody who can't even decide that much?
Who do you think you are?

Blue

Please post what's on your mind. Don't words and sentences from the bible. I can start using the quran.

Why? Who said you can't ? I say you you damn well can.

[edit on 11-7-2010 by randyvs]

link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ

Here we go again

Again, proof isn't in the eye of the beholder!! If you can prove something, others can test it and verify it. You can TEST evolution because we have fossils, carbon dating, and a ton of other evidence. Of course no one has ever witnessed one species changing into another, if you think that happens in a time scale you can "observe" yourself, your understanding of evolution is very poor. But we have fossil proof and plenty of evidence to support evolution.

The same can't be said about religions

Then surely scientist must know just how many base pair of DNA change over a generation. Do you know?

Typical rates of mutation are between 10-10 and 10-12 mutations per base pair of DNA per generation.
Source is www.talkorigins.org...
I'm sure you'll find an excuse to ignore this information though.

So how much DNA is in the Body? Just the normal amount.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

How does it feel to be a nobody who can't even decide that much?
Who do you think you are?

Ah blind insults, I'm sure your god would love you.
I don't think someone should post ONLY bible verses, I'm sure you see it differently, but usually, most others don't see it your way.
People should think for themselves, don't you agree?

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Atheist and Christians stop fighting!You're all wrong and you'll never accomplish anything. You're making children cry.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue_Mage

please post the scriptures you base your thoughts on or at least the other mens writings where they come from- go see testimony page 26 first post on reference to scriptures accuracy on Spiritual matters

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   

reply to post by MrXYZ

He who speaks on his own does so to gain honor for himself-John7.18

that very word which I spoke-John12.48

For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear.-2Tim4.3

[edit on by No King but Jesus]

If you want I can post a random Haiku in return for your incredibly useless post. Do you speak regular English and think for yourself...or are you a robot that randomly spits out bible verses? I mean...comon' dude, seriously!

I'm happy you wanna participate in the discussion...but those random bible verses are beyond useless, especially since you seem to be unable to offer your interpretation of them, or how they fit into the discussion. You might just as well post a video of a cat playing the piano.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ

Here we go again

Again, proof isn't in the eye of the beholder!! If you can prove something, others can test it and verify it. You can TEST evolution because we have fossils, carbon dating, and a ton of other evidence. Of course no one has ever witnessed one species changing into another, if you think that happens in a time scale you can "observe" yourself, your understanding of evolution is very poor. But we have fossil proof and plenty of evidence to support evolution.

The same can't be said about religions

Then surely scientist must know just how many base pair of DNA change over a generation. Do you know?

Typical rates of mutation are between 10-10 and 10-12 mutations per base pair of DNA per generation.
Source is www.talkorigins.org...
I'm sure you'll find an excuse to ignore this information though.

So how much DNA is in the Body? Just the normal amount.

Take how many cells you have in your body times 6,000,000,000 'rungs' of DNA.
Source is www.yourgenome.org...
Perhaps you should study some aspects of biology before you decide anything on evolution.

<< 39  40  41    43  44  45 >>

join