It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HOMEFRONT Video Game Trailer

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   
HOMEFRONT

Lmao how do they do this kind of stuff lol i love it obviously its not a prediction nor do i think this is real i just thought this was hilarious........and well put together.

[edit on 29-6-2010 by mslag67]

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   
This game is definintely a stretch of the imagination... to think that a nation as small as N. Korea could really pose a threat like they suggest.... but it does seem like it has potential to be a pretty good video game. looks like something that will be an FPS. not too much more about it on the site but i am excited.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by knowonder
This game is definintely a stretch of the imagination... to think that a nation as small as N. Korea could really pose a threat like they suggest.... but it does seem like it has potential to be a pretty good video game. looks like something that will be an FPS. not too much more about it on the site but i am excited.

I don't think it's that much of a stretch. We already have terrorist working with drug cartels inside the USA in Arizona. All any enemy has to do is dress up like a Mexican and sneak across the border. Over a period of a few years we could have thousands of N.Korean soldiers inside the U.S. just waiting to strike from within.

In fact I want to see a video game based on that drug cartel in Arizona situation to help wake up the masses.. and besides, it would be fun to liberate and re-secure the border.

I have been watching for Homefront to come out. I think it will be a good game.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   
You would be surprised at the methods implemented.

www.nsa.gov...

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   
dont give kim jong ill's son idea's i know kims a massive film buff. i wonder what his gamer tag is ... greatleader666, death2america maybe lol. hope the game play is as well made as the trailer. im not a big gamer but i like call of duty.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Interesting game, the game they released before (Frontlines) had a story about a global energy crisis, no oil, no natural gas, which leads to a war between North America and Europe versus Russia and China.

Looks like the story of Homefront is written by John Millius, who wrote sceenplays and stories for movies as Apocalypse Now, Red Dawn, 1941, Conan the Barbarian and games like Medal of Honor: European Assault. So it should be a good story. The Trailer looks interesting.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   
*whistle* That is mighty interesting. The financial stuff will happen a lot sooner of course, but it is a very possible scenario.

The reason I say that is that North Korea actually is rather rich in resources, but hasn't had the access to technology to develop it because of the technicality that they are still at war with the rest of the UN forces and only have a cease fire agreement.

What I don't see is any reason for them to invade the US. That part is fictional. We outman (physically in height and in numbers), have more firearms, and way more advanced technology. Unless the Chinese start to support them and basically hand over top of the line gear to them for pennies on the RMB (China's currency)...I just don't buy that.

Good for a story though.

But this is very badly timed I think and it is possible that real life could render the game moot soon enough. US forces are at the Korean doorstep (the George Washington is playing nice with the JNSDF), and really could go in at any time if we weren't so focused on Iraq, Afghanistan, Iran....

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by tristar

www.nsa.gov...

OMG They are recruiting children the way the Army used the America's Army video game. Those NSA sick b*stards.

[edit on 29-6-2010 by JohnPhoenix]

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   
It's really hard to imagine N. Korea turning into a superpower and threatening the world...

I guess the game Crysis used the N. Koreans as villains, too, but at least there the threat was that super-advanced alien tech. might fall into their hands and that's how they could get powerful, if all that happened.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by LifeInDeath

It isnt NK alone. It's years of NK playing "forgive us" diplomacy to become buddies with SK then overtime forming a K-J-C economic union to protect themselves from the ruin of the West.

The part that may be far-fetched is Il and his group maintaining significant political control over the union but hell we just found 10 Russian spies over here. When your nation is chronically apologetic and willing to bend over backwards to play nice and not offend any lunatic tyrant at all can easily climb the ranks. Not to mention China would have some pretty significant pull in such a union and China isnt exactly anti-Il.

It's easy to laugh at NK and the notion it could take over the world when you box it up and hide it away from the rest of the globe but politicking and friends in high places can get you an awful lot.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by mslag67

Embedded for those who can't get there...

How many people have looked THAT far (2016) into the future to speculate how bad it might become when the SHTF?

Does anyone look that far except game programmers?

(click to open player in new window)

Chilling story line...

What changes will today's kids see in 5 years and further?

Edit to add: $20 a gallon gasoline!!! ZOMG

[edit on 6·29·10 by DrMattMaddix]

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Can't Imagine why there are so many Asian and E Indian computer/it engineers in US corporations.

This is going to be fun. However, I do believe we deserve it. Call me a terrorist..i really don't mind.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

i dont know i just dont buy that there are that many N. Korean's or Koreans in general to even begin to take over the most populas islamic country in the world or even the 3 most populas country in the world. If china did back them up then maybe they will have enough troops but isn't india one of our greatest allies?

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by knowonder

From the look of it, the Unified Korea either gets into an alliance with, or politically subdues China (highly unlikely, but the only other option). That solves the population problem in spades.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Sheer nonsensical propaganda to get people united against NK. Would be an interesting game though, if it were not so incredibly stupid.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix

www.nsa.gov...

OMG They are recruiting children the way the Army used the America's Army video game. Those NSA sick b*stards.

[edit on 29-6-2010 by JohnPhoenix]

....and thats the public accessed game

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I think its great to see all your reactions about this game on here. Why I say that is because I am a designer currently working on the game. I myself was pretty disgusted that marketing used the current situations in the Korean lands as part of our trailer. Leave it to the money makers to do stuff like that. As for the story - it used be China, but we had to change it because the Chinese government didn't like that very much.

Oh and there were some "friends" at the CIA that helped come up with the plot line of the EMP attack and total havoc. But the story as of now is that the financial collapse came first and then...the real storm started after that.

[edit on 29-6-2010 by Bonified Ween]

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Bonified Ween

Indeed, there are individuals who provide feedback as the gaming industry amounts to several billions.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Bonified Ween

thats actually really interesting.....

Could this perhaps be one of thousands of timelines possibly from project looking glass?

lol probably not but i like thinking it could be possible if there were high ranking input

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Indeed, there are individuals who provide feedback as the gaming industry amounts to several billions.

THe gaming industry is enormous. People don't realize it, but it has long dwarfed the film business in terms of revenue it creates. It's actually many times bigger. It's strange that it's perceived by some as some sort of niche market, but it's as main-stream in American (and world) culture as it gets.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join