It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

By no means am I calling for violence... but worst case scenario regarding riots/police state...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   
But we see all these videos and pictures from g20s and other political events that turn into protests, which the police and idiot 'anarchists' escalate into riots.

There are always rows and rows of these thugs marching through the streets, corralling people into progressively smaller areas, assaulting and arresting whomever the wish.
It's reminiscent not just of horrible police states around the world over in recent history, but also of the large military formations we've all seen in text books from wars hundreds of years ago.

You know, rows and rows of soldiers forming a wall, and consequently a wall of swords, shields, or bullets volleying at the enemy...
Nowadays it's an impenetrable wall of brute force, body armor, and 'less than lethal weapons,' all meant to keep us in line while they terrorize the citizenry...

Look around 3:00

Now what if WE took a page from the old war text books, and at the front of OUR lines rolled a row of large civil war-style cannons?
www.planetware.com...
www.legendsofamerica.com...
www.old-picture.com...

They're intimidating enough on their own, they probably wouldn't need to be loaded, and even if they were the people around them would probably be machine gunned in an instant, but if things came to that, can you imagine a more simplistic, more effective weapon against a wall of an enemy? I can't.

You wouldn't need cannonballs, in fact something much cheaper and easier to find would be much more effective against such a formation... chains.

I can just imagine the line of paramilitary stormtrooper thugs marching towards the crowd of soon-to-be victims, when a line of big iron cannons comes to the front. Would the thugs turn heel and run? Would they open fire?

Am I going to have my door kicked in for even mentioning this?

[edit on 27-6-2010 by alaskan]

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I just realized the title of the mythbusters video is kind of a double entendre paired with the rest of the thread.

This thread is a hypothetical supposition, and nothing more.

And of course I posted in the wrong forum. Sorry, thought I was in the weaponry section.

[edit on 27-6-2010 by alaskan]

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   
The last image linked returns an unauthorized to view error. The canons are a good idea. Though I'm fairly sure blood would soon be spilled. The problem with a lot of the anarchists/protestors is that there is a definite lack of coordination and supervison. They lack direction. Instead of focusing all the violence and vandalism on various store fronts, why not channel all that hatred and rage on the riot police, why not focus all that energy into getting in to where they wanna be, face to face with ____ (fill in whatever group name). They should bring along shields and form their own phalanx. Bring some flame throwers, they're not really that hard to improvise. Bring along their paintball guns if nothing else. If your enemy can't see you, he can't put his hands on you. If he takes his face shield/mask off use pepper spray. Bring tasers, stun guns etc.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Cannons are a good idea, but not very mobile.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I really can't see it working tbh. If the pigs got even a whiff of this level of preperation then those involved wouldn't even make it to the field. Then even if they did, the pigs have more toys up their sleeves and the 'legal' right to use them if needed.

They play nice because we play nice, if we up the game so will they.

Don't get me wrong, I would love to think that the guy who had golf balls in his bag was planning to cover the floor with them, home alone style.. haha

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   
i was thinking calvary charge. on motorcycles. with cheap gas masks for tear gas, and cattle prods. riot cops would soil themselves.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   
And then you guys would all cry when people trying to do any of these ideas were gunned down.

I'll never understand this thinking.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   
My honest opinion is you would not need any of it. Usually it seems as if the protesters out number the cops. I say draw your line in the sand and fight like men. Yeah they have shields and water cannons, but much like a terrorist on a plane with a box cutter, you cant cut us all down.

The real issue lies in the fact that while maybe 2 people will fight back, the rest will cower and move back. Then the police advance. Until a time comes when everyone collectively decides to hold their ground and fight for it, nothing will ever change.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I was there during the g20 in pittsburgh and it was just as bad as you think it was. You have no rights at that point and can be arrested or beaten for not walking fast enough. It's unreal and the cops that enforce it cant be human beings.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   
I've thought about this, what if the protesters shot back? The problem is that there are snipers on the roofs watching for just that...pull a gun or something an BAM! dead before you knew what hit ya.

Now if someone took out the snipers first...

new topics

top topics

join