It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Up to the Minute" BP Livefeed Discussion Thread

page: 39
<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Has anyone been watching the rope being cut.. something Major was going wrong. they launched boa deep c rov 2 especial to zoom down and slice the rope? I don't know what the rope is or what ir was for.. here are some pics.

www.4shared.com...

prior to this there was falling debris

[edit on 6-7-2010 by thawker]

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by StarTraveller

From what I understand, there is a possibility that the sea floor is rising from the gas ?, I think. Anyway, if the sea floor rises & then crashes down, you would have a tsunami that could be 100 - 200 ft. high - depending on the amnt. of energy released. It would travel at about 600 mph & pretty much wipe FL & the southern coast of the US off the map - maybe as far as 200 miles inland.

If the riser just tipped over because the sea floor is fractured, that would allow all the oil & gas to flow out unchecked. This could allow a giant gas bubble that could explode and/or also cause a tsunami.

None of the scenarios that I have heard are comforting. The only thing we can hope for is they fix the leak one way or another before the worst happens. It is a race against time, that is for sure.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   
speculate about OMG its gonna blow etc, in a threat not in here.
the feeds now give a verry NOTHING IS GONNA BLOW.
what we see now, is inspecting the hardware, after the little shake.
it seems that nothing bad happened.
riser undamaged, bop working as it should.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by StarTraveller

I forgot to reply re: a New Madrid earthquake. This scares the crap out of me because my hometown is very close to New Madrid. I do believe that if there was a volcanic like explosion and/or substantial shift down there that it very well could cause an event on that fault line. It worries me because that area has been having a lot of activity recently. Who knows if they are connected or not but the thought of it happening is terrifying.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   
There is no doubt about it, the BOP is moving. You can actually conclude that its the BOP moving and not just the ROV (s) because the oscillation is the same from both ROV views. The well might be ready to let out a big BURP!

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by telfyr
speculate about OMG its gonna blow etc, in a threat not in here.
the feeds now give a verry NOTHING IS GONNA BLOW.
what we see now, is inspecting the hardware, after the little shake.
it seems that nothing bad happened.
riser undamaged, bop working as it should.

I wasn't specualting buddy, just raising the question with a little light reading attached.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaganTool
There is no doubt about it, the BOP is moving. You can actually conclude that its the BOP moving and not just the ROV (s) because the oscillation is the same from both ROV views. The well might be ready to let out a big BURP!

when the bop starts moving, then it will be gone in no time.
so stop panicking, about the bop.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Skandi Neptune - ROV 2
is working on the quake "damage now,.
its not that bad , it didnt do anything really.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Skiandi Rov 1 showed the sea bed - they were spraying dispersants heavily there, looks pretty cracked up to me. Also things just don't look right on Enterprise ROV 2, can anyone confirm what I am seeing.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Perhaps we should expect aftershocks?

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

God, they sure do Love that damn dispersant don't they? Why would they being spraying down there though? I haven't seen that before.

I have only been watching Skandi since Enterprise seems to move around too much & it freaks me out. It is definitely very turbulent down there & the BOP does seem to be moving - hoping this is an optical illusion.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by GATruthseeker

Well it may not have been dispersants. could have been something else - buts there was a lot of it being sprayed.

I am hoping what I see is an optical illusion as well. Thanks for your reply.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   
It would be my guess that since there is gas and oil coming outta that hole, there would be allot of vibration. Kinda like when your spraying a garden hose you just turn on , the air in the line cause it to shake.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Can anyone tell me what skandi ROV 2 is doing and why? It seems to be concerned with uncovering some sort of cord that is covered in debris.

Busy work?

Edit: Hmmmm, now it seems to be back o the view of open water...

[edit on 6-7-2010 by justadood]

Edited 2: Or is it disturbing the sea floor so that it can observe the debris float in the water, as it appears to be doing now?

Or is it just bored?

[edit on 6-7-2010 by justadood]

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by justadood

Okay, i think i get it now... its trying to moce that wire/line but keeps losing vision from the debris (what is that crap, anyway?--thick layer), so it pans up while the dust settles and then tries again.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   
So, I see the BOP is still rocking a lot. You folks reference a lot of it a few posts ago.

Anyone know what is causing the rocking? I see reference to a 'quake'??

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Yes there is a lot of debris and it seems they are trying to do something and it kicks up the dust so to speak. Not sure if there was a quake or what really - I tried to find news about a possible quake but didn't come up with anything. Hope whatever is wrong they can fix it.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   
does the rocking of the bop have anything to do with not being able to access the us region of the ptwc website due to "security reasons"?
www.weather.gov...

'Not Accessible
You have requested an area on the National Weather Service website that is not accessible for security reasons. If you have questions, please see our feedback page. '

Thank you.

sorry, I am new and do not know how to imbed a link.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   

I am not positive but I think that "dust" is frozen methane crystals. It is everywhere down there. That is also what causes the snow effect that you can see at times.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
How come I never see any feeds from the viking rov's? I watch the sanaracreations link.

new topics

top topics

<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join