It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Up to the Minute" BP Livefeed Discussion Thread

page: 37
<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

I just answered you on the other thread where you asked me that.

But since you asked here too...

These are things many of us are just now realizing. Just recently many of us gained the knowledge that effects might not be limited to the gulf. On here we can all talk about it and compare stories. You can not prove anything with out knowledge and information. Can I prove that my trees, and bushes are because of the oil spill? No. I cant. But I am suspicious. Cant talk to the news because I have no proof. Dont know how to find proof, but everyone realizing that they are not alone in what they see holds a strong case. WILL the media report on it...Dont think that they will be allowed to.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I dont see white frosty buildup on anything, but there sure is a lot of white stuff floating around and comming up with the oil. What is that?

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   
According to the local news --- tar balls from the spill have officially washed ashore in Galveston,TX.....sigh

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by cb0688

Bolivar residents find oil on beach
galvestondailynews.com...

Oil in Lake Pontchartrain
www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
OK, is it just my poor vision or does Enterprise - ROV 2
have a date in the corner of 07/06/10 . Just noticed.
That would be tomorrow.

Did somebody grab the wrong tape?

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Absum!
OK, is it just my poor vision or does Enterprise - ROV 2
have a date in the corner of 07/06/10 . Just noticed.
That would be tomorrow.

Did somebody grab the wrong tape?

I think it is a 5 just pixelated

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLaPPiE
Re: Well potential pressure at the ocean floor:

I do not believe you could know this for sure without capping the well and taking a reading.

I think you could however use the 2400psi at one mile depth, or whatever the water pressure is at that depth and use that for a base or static pressure. Then take the opening size and calc. the area. Then a velocity pressure reading must be taken with some sort of pitot tube at the opening. With that info, you could calc. the volume of oil, but not the pressure holding capacity. Knowing the length of the well pipe and diameter, static pressure losses can be calculated for the depth, and potential pressure could be estimated.

I must agree that I view the oil's apparent velocity at the sea floor as low.
I would expect a longer uniform flow without dispersion, but considering the waters high viscosity, the venturi effect of fresh water rising with the oil, and the temperature differential, that the turbulence is very high.

[edit] I would assume the potential pressure is dropping as it vents over time, so it may become feasable to cap it, but it would blow off if the pressure went too high.

[edit on 5-7-2010 by SLaPPiE]

Would it be feasible to take the temperature of the pipe to get a estimate of the temperature of the oil/gas in the pipe then get the temperature of the oil/gas as it left the pipe.

Gas under pressure has stored energy. as it comes out of the pipe and pressure is released the gas gives out heat.

Could the pressure be calculated by measuring the difference in temperature and making a relation between rate of expansion, heat loss, and volume?

This would be heavy fluid dynamics and I wouldn't know where to start or if this can even be calculated

[edit on 5-7-2010 by jlafleur02]

[edit on 5-7-2010 by jlafleur02]

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions
reply to post by yarosh

Wait, you're all over the place. You say your source, an engineer, says the pressure is 80-100 thousand psi. Then you contradict yourself and say it couldn't possibly be this high. So are you the expert now or is he?

MAKE SOME SENSE, else get off this thread.

We have geothermal wells (Coso Geothermal) that are drilled just like oil wells here in Calif that are capped with standard surface BOPS They are 7000 feet deep and the pressure runs 500 thousand psi and the temperature around 2500ºF

The only change to the wells are thicker acid resistant casing.
One well can supply steam to a 75 megawatt power unit.

And yes they have had blowouts and had to shut down the BOP and Top kill the well with barite mud.

But the gulf blowout in not near that pressure as can be seen by the escaping gas and oil.
The gulf blowout is somewhere around 100 to 300 psi at the well head.

Once the pressure hits about 1,000 psi at 5000 feet deep you start having supersonic wave front formation at the leak.
There would be shock waves vibrating the water around the area for feet and everything would be blurred.

The underwater shock wave is the white ring on the water surface in this photo.
www.fi.edu...

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I assume you must mean 100-300 psi above ambient water pressure at that depth, i.e., relative value not absolute. If so, that sounds reasonable. I noticed on one camera on sea floor leak that the oil almost just floats out (hardly any pressure/force behind it at all)

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I've drunk more whiskey with my source than anybody around so my source is actually reliable... for real, hard to belive but it REALLY is. All of the above mentioned scenarios are very likely to occur... in real life, unfolding any day because IT'S ALL A LIE AND THE TRUTH WILL CATCH UP WITH US ANYWAY

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ANNED

Thank you for the information. Can you please summarize what you think is happening, then, if the experts are saying that this is ~40,000psi. If this is only 100-300psi above ambient water pressure at that depth, then why has so much oil/sediment been blown out? Why are there reports of methane and oil plumes miles in length? Is this possible from this size diameter of a leak, and the said 100-300psi? If not, does this indicate that additional wells are being blown, and perhaps what we're seeing is just a front as has been suspected by other posters?

Thanks in advance!

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I'm happy that I've stumbled upon this site!!
A lot of the information here is great since I can't watch the live feeds for very long. I can't help but laugh at some of the '911 was inside job' types here though. I will enjoy reading all the posts, learn from some and laugh at others.

Thanks

Heelex

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   
What just happened? Watching Ocean Intervention III ROV 1 when suddenly it backed up .. looked like the pipe shifted or tilted or something .. looked like it scared the ROV operator the way it backed up like that so suddenly.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   
it seems most of the rov's are working on the bop, any idea what they are doing?

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by iamfascinated

They are messing around with those yellow hydraulic things again, pressing against the well pipe, probably trying to center the BOP around it, probably to add some support to more weight to be added on the top, I don't really know. Anyhow, it was in the process of putting another one of them things in there when suddenly something happened, almost looked like something shifted, the ROV suddenly backed up, happened so fast before it had caught my full attention.

[edit on 5-7-2010 by Divinorumus]

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   
That whole mess looks like it's ready to come all apart. Something isn't going right.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 02:04 AM
link   
www.sanaracreations.fi...

Ocean Intervention III - ROV 1 (Top left)

Am I the only one watching right now? What was that lime green stuff??

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 03:13 AM
link   
the whole take on this goes like that THE FLOW OF THE OIL SEEMS INCONSISTENT WITH THE PRESSURE INSIDE THE WELL ON THAT VIDEO... the actual amount of oil that we are talking about is covering a quarter of the gulf so how the hell could it come out of the feed that we are watching? it flows like my tap water and we are talking about a reservoir the size of MOUNT EVEREST... judging the amount of oil plus the whole media blockout something is definately going on and for sure it's not that pipe in the feed

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 03:49 AM
link   
there is a big chance that the reservoir that they drilled into is much larger that was prevously expected and just might be a thing that we never have dealt with before. this thing already is officialy the biggest oil disaster and the official versions always seem to smooth things down so people don't know anything or they would ask too many questions, also do you remember that bp admitted in the first few weeks that there was another much smaller leak from another rig (don't remember the name of it) so even officially we HAVE DEALT WITH TWO SEPARATE LEAKS? Mybe the feeds are from the other leak? I don't remember anything beeing mentioned that the other leak was contained...

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 05:15 AM
link   

top topics

<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join