It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Up to the Minute" BP Livefeed Discussion Thread

page: 208
<< 205  206  207    209  210  211 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by texas333

I know! I have seen more on this new cam than all the others....those lying SOBS .....they are hiding something and they WILL be exposed with all the people watching!

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
OK, just grabbed this picture from a feed which loads up for seconds, freezes, then goes black.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/eaec51cc41c4.png[/atsimg]

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by freakanature

BOP just gushed oil, then something went very bright (could have been the rov shining light on that green spray... they are sparying whatever is gushing out of the BOP.

[edit on 21-8-2010 by StealthyKat]

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

I cant see videos...........can you give some more details??

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Cloudsinthesky

morpheastruth.webs.com...

realitycheck.no-ip.info...

These are the feeds I am watching....The second one is the best.....there has been a lot going on....Either they are flushing out the BOP or something is wrong....they are supposed to flush it, then replace the BOP, but didn't say when....so maybe (hopefully) that is what is happening. It started out leaking, then gushing....after that there were big plumes coming from the base. The cap like thing with the green substance (in the pic above) is spraying the green substance all over the bop....and when they zoomed in close about 30 minutes ago....the top was gushing dark colored substance which looked like oil (but I'm not sure about that)

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   
OK....I did some checking about when they would be doing the flushing and "fishing" to get the drill out which is blocking inside the BOP....they have already finished the flushing and the ambient testing, which ended this morning....they replaced whatever was in the well with sea water....now, they just started fishing ops to get the drill....so I think that is what is all the commotion down there....Here is part of the briefing from Kent Wells about it.

Press Briefing August 19 2010

So then, what we are – here we are on the 19th of August, and what we did last night was we flushed out the BOP. And so, basically, by pumping down from the Q4000 into the choke-and-kill lines of the BOP, we flushed what was ever in the BOP and the capping stack up to the Enterprise, because we had hooked the Enterprise on top. So, we’d flushed out the hydrocarbons that were in there, some mud that was in there, any fluids that were in there, and replaced that with seawater.
And so, now what we did, at about 6:30 this morning, we started an ambient test. And, the purpose of this ambient test is to actually take it down to the point that if we were to open everything up, either by opening all the valves or actually removing the BOP, we want to have confidence that the well wouldn’t flow. And so, we’re going to do that for a 48-hour period.

And, the reason we’ve chosen 48 hours, that’s about twice as long as it would take us to actually remove the BOP if we choose to do so. So, it’s just giving us a safety margin. So, I think you can sort of see the steps we’ve taken to get us where we are today. So, the ambient test will finish up Saturday morning.

At that point, what we’ll start to do then is to see if we can remove the drill pipe that is in the Macondo BOP. And, what we’ll do with that is we’ll move the Enterprise over top, we’ll open the rams in the capping stack, so the
capping stack will remain in place, but we’ll open those rams and then go down with drill pipe and look to pick out what’s ever in the top of the BOP.
Now, the term fishing, this is a technique we use in our industry. We’ve used it for decades. We’ve fished everything from drill pipe, to tubing, to casing; you name it, we’ve done it over time. There is, once again, a real specialty; we have experts in the industry, we have all sorts of different tools that can help us pick up pieces of equipment that are in different shapes and sizes, et cetera.

And so, we will be looking to do that after Saturday morning. After the ambient test is done, we’ll start that fishing operation. And, once again, that operation could take a few days, just depending upon how things go.
Now, if we successfully remove the drill pipe, or get ourselves to where we’re confident that we think we could remove the BOP, then what we’d do is we would use the Enterprise to first remove the capping stack off; remember, it would have already been opened. And then, we would use the Q4000 to actually remove the Macondo BOP, and we’ll bring that to surface. And then, we will replace it with the BOP from the DD2, which is drilling the second relief well. And so, that would be the plan of action over the next number of days, week – however long it would take to get there.
Now, so then I have to go back and talk about the two relief wells. So, the DD2, which is on the second relief well, what we’re going to do there is we’re going to suspend the wellbore, similar to what we do when we move off for a hurricane, where we put a storm packer down in the well. And, we’ll actually move off the well and take the BOP with it, and that would be the BOP that would be put back on the Macondo well. Of course, you remember, the second relief well has got its casing set and cemented, et cetera, there’s no open hole there.
On the first relief well, the DD3, is still about three-and-a-half feet horizontally away from the Macondo well. It’s about 50 feet vertically from where we expect to intersect. And, we’re sitting there ready to intersect
whenever we decide it’s prudent to go forward with, at that point. And so, we’re well positioned there.

So, you can sort of see how we got to where we are today. Once we got the Macondo well cemented, it gave us more time to be quite thoughtful and pragmatic about how we’ve gone about – how we’re thinking about and going about how we’re actually going to ultimately kill the well, and that’s what we’ve been doing. And, the near-ambient and ambient tests have been things to help us best understand how to go forward. And, I think we’re well positioned, at this point.Link to source www.bp.com...

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
The camera I have been watching all morning (Sub C)....which was crystal clear has filled up with so much cloudiness, you cannot even see the ROV lights...also, that BOP has been swaying a lot. So I am just waiting for the "air to clear" down there so we can see.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
OK ...the camera switched views so it's clear again...I THINK THEY COULD BE REPLACING THE BOP right now. They are lowering something and at the bottom of the screen it says "replacing compati" Perhaps that is what caused all the commotion earlier....they may have moved the old BOP already.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Following a Successful Ambient Pressure Test BP Begins Open Water Fishing Operation

Release date: 21 August 2010
Saturday at 6:40am CDT, the forty-eight hour ambient pressure test was deemed successful. Under the guidance and approval of the National Incident Commander (NIC) and Unified Area Command, BP has been authorized to begin open water fishing operations from the MC252 Blow Out Preventer (BOP). The fishing operations will aim at removing drill pipe within the MC252 BOP. Operations commenced this morning.

Following successful fishing operations and authorization from the NIC, BP will proceed with replacement of the original BOP with the BOP from the Transocean Development Driller II (DDII). In anticipation of a successful operation, the DDII set a storm packer and has unlatched its BOP from the second relief well site.

In the case fishing operations are unsuccessful, BP and the federal science team are developing contingency procedures which would be carried out under the approval from the NIC. www.bp.com...

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   
boy did i get sucked into watching the feeds all morning..worse than a daytime soap oprea

are there links to maps of the area showing what ships are out there, positions AND or A.O.'s of the rov's that each ship is operating? i know..that stuff is probably a "national secruity issue"...

I've been watching the biological survey from olympic challerger rov2 (off the bp website..realitycheck lists the survey rov differently than bp....hmmm) seems to be alot of eels skirting the gulf floor..few mins ago saw one in a vertical position, mouth open and tail in a "burrow" just waiting...a while back a large crab was sitting on a ..pile of dirt.. digging up stuff and chowin' down..then it digs up a long black tube like thing with something white sticking out of it...i only assume it is a type of worm.
which leads me back to the map thing. i'm surprised to see life down there..but then again i'm not sure where this biological survey is taking place. i would have assumed that the toxic brew by the well would have killed everything or they would have left..( there i go again asssuming)
it is VERY unfortunate that ALL info is being seen first be the offenders of this incident.....hmmmmm...need i say more?!

why would they want the world to see the extent of the damage? of course they will down play risks and damage..they have to make us believe in a "good outcome" where they are overcoming all sorts of things..not just being stumped by them and skirting around it or realizing that they were 'mistaken' about things. as i sit back for a second.. i'm trying to think back to where they admitted they made mistakes or that there was an error that they admitted too...hmmm..

once again for the cheap seats...why does the 'offender' get to look at all the info first?

fascinating...

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by clearmind

Good question! It is strange that there is still life there...this morning as one of the ROVS were ascending to go back to the ship, it passed through a huge school of large fish...sooooo......

As for the ship map....I don't know much about all that, but Dragonfire or Ektar should be coming online soon and maybe they can help you with that. I'm pretty sure they are swapping the BOPS right now, or setting up to do so.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
In reference to what we talked about yesterday (the "fire rain".....I just happened to catch q4000 rov1 showing (I'm just going to use the word fire because that is exactly what it looked like) fire shooting from what was clearly something exploding or erupting just off screen....BIG chunks of red glowing matter being shot with force across the screen. You could tell something was going BOOM because the whole right side of the screen would light up red/ orange and the stuff would come flying up, then down across the screen....I have been seeing this so much and I have no idea what it could be. The only way I can describe it, is it looked the way hot coals look when they turn red...that is exactly what they look like.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
To watch a live feed of the fishing operation (which looks bizarre at the moment)....go to BP's website and click on the link that says "view live feed of fishing operation from enterprise"...They have it separate where you have to click the link for some reason.

God I feel so alone here today LOL!!!

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
with is often as the feeds go blank and what they seem to be focused on, or should i say not real focused on but just barely out of sight of the camera stuff, there is no-way that we are seeing what they are seeing. on alot of cameras, the picture that is seen can be 90-95%of what is seen thru the actual lens...ie there could be a foot or two "off screen" so-to-speak, that they can see but we can't. that could explain some of the shots that the point of interest is just off screen.

i wonder if my boss is going to think that this is a vaild excuse for being late.........

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Dont feel lonely kat......I am checking in on ya.....I usually just dont say anything...........

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cloudsinthesky

Dont feel lonely kat......I am checking in on ya.....I usually just dont say anything...........

LOL! I feel much better now...thankyou!
I have to do a few things, but I'll be back...

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   
THEY ARE CHANGING OUT BOPS RIGHT NOW.....on Sub C Rov2

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Here's a link to Live Ships Map that shows the ships current position based on their AIS transponder.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by DEEZNUTZ

Thanks Deez!

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Have you read the little chat box on reality check site. If not you should there seems to be an interesting chat about them fishing and seems that Thad Allen said that unclogging this thing could be catastrophic. Don't know how reliable that is but makes me want to keep checking it out. Read it I think it has a few interesting comments.

new topics

top topics

<< 205  206  207    209  210  211 >>

join