It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Up to the Minute" BP Livefeed Discussion Thread

page: 209
<< 206  207  208    210  211  212 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Here is just a little vid from earlier. They seem to stop and check out a few things.
I had a few more but having trouble getting them up right now I will post them if I get them worked out.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by tsurfer2000h

Yes I did....scary! I had heard that somewhere else too. There is something on Q4000 right now....something just off camera to the left is exploding with those red and yellow chunks raining down...when it first started, it was in color, and they quickly changed it to black and white so you can't see the colors of what it is throwing out.

[edit on 21-8-2010 by StealthyKat]

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Well it looks like they are not going to show the BOP replacement on the cams....it was crystal clear most of today, then suddenly, it's just a black screen that says "replacing compati". Sure hope it comes back on....we have a right to see what they are doing down there.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Well....I'm off to work! Hope the "night crew" can catch some good stuff tonight....it should be active! Goodnight everyone....

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

Did you happen to see earlier that the OC UHD 30 ROV was looking around and it seemed to look at a certain hole. I had it recorded but for some reason I cannot get it up. It just seemed odd that they would sit there and zoom in to see a hole. Not sure how big it was since they zoomed in on it. I have noticed a few more things they have look at and quickly either change the focus or just pan away.

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Looking pretty foggy on Ocean Intervention ROV 2, at least when it's not freezing all the time. Fog looks like its light brown. So is oil definitely gushing from the BOP? I have been asleep all day as I work overnights so missed a lot today.

EDIT: Now Ocean Intervention 2 isn't working at all...what a coincidence.

[edit on 21-8-2010 by DragonFire1024]

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by tsurfer2000h

Have you read the little chat box on reality check site. If not you should there seems to be an interesting chat about them fishing and seems that Thad Allen said that unclogging this thing could be catastrophic.

Hi tsurfer and the rest of ATS!

Newbie alert! LOL

Could you post a link to the site please?? Many thanks hun.

And by the way, I've been reading this thread for awhile now...yes, I was lurking but I swear I'm harmless lol, and just wanted to tell you all what a great job you're doing regarding all the gulf spill info and videos. I highly doubt it goes unnoticed.

AZsunshine

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by AZsunshine

Here is a couple links you can choose whichever is best for you.

www.sanaracreations.fi...

realitycheck.no-ip.info...

Either one is good, but reality check the better for me.

There are a few more but these are what I use. Hope this helps. enjoy

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I was looking around and came across a good site that has some good info about the oilspill and whats going on. I will put the link up because of it also has a lot of different articles from different sources. They are reliable sources so check it out for some good reading and info.

www.lifeaftertheoilcrash.net...

Enjoy the reading and if you have seen it already great, but if not you will enjoy it. This may help in trying to figure out what we are seeing and what they are doing down there.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 05:43 AM
link   
So I wonder if they Opened the cap and now cannot get it closed again...at least all the way. It has been 'leaking' like it has been on Ocean Intervention ROV 2 like it was right after all that oil was gushing from it yesterday morning.

[edit on 22-8-2010 by DragonFire1024]

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 05:57 AM
link   
A slow and steady leak from the well cap on Ocean Intervention ROV 2. Caught this video minutes ago:

At least it is better than what it was gushing 24 hours ago:

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by DragonFire1024

Good morning Dragon....yes it seems like it is not bad now....but yesterday after you left it was like a geyser.....of course that was the last I saw of it close up for the rest of the day LOL. They were really busy yesterday "fishing" for that drill. Supposedly, as soon as that is successful, they will immediately go into swapping out the BOPs. I think they started yesterday on that because the rovs were working on it a lot, and moving things around. I hear ya about working nights....I do too. I'm lucky if I get 3 hours of sleep a day LOL!!

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by tsurfer2000h

Yes....I saw them looking at several holes throughout the day....some of them were leaking. They did spend a lot of time on them. I forgot to mention....at one point yesterday, the camera that was doing "biological sweep" (or something like that) came across dead fish and what looked like dead crabs....as they were looking at some kind of wreckage. I don't know if it was wreckage from the rig or a ship....but there were these dead fish just floating by...

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 07:01 AM
link   
7am central time....They are attaching lots of cables to the BOP now.... must be preparing to remove it. At the bottom of the screen, it says "debris removal" and "picking up debris"

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 07:05 AM
link   

What feed are you watching that it says that?

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Where the heck did these new ROVs and feeds come from on reality Check website? Never saw these until just now. That would be the 'Sub C' ROVs.

realitycheck.no-ip.info...

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by StealthyKat
7am central time....They are attaching lots of cables to the BOP now.... must be preparing to remove it. At the bottom of the screen, it says "debris removal" and "picking up debris"

Yeah...It would suck if the whole thing toppled over when all the cables are detached and flotation devices are gone.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 07:44 AM
link   
BP now removing “drill pipe and OTHER EQUIPMENT” from wellhead; Experts believe it’s the CASING (VIDEOS)

AFP reports, “BP said Saturday it began removing drill pipe and other equipment from a damaged wellhead under the Gulf of Mexico.”

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 07:44 AM
link   

I'm watching on realitycheck,,,,on the SUB C cams...they are showing it VERY clear and close up.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 07:47 AM
link   

They just came on yesterday. That's where I was seeing all that action. What happened was, at a press conference, a reporter asked the BP guy why they were not showing the SUB C cams! He stuttered nervously...."uh...I was not aware of that"...the NEXT day....they magically appeared! These are the cams that show close ups of the BOP.

new topics

top topics

<< 206  207  208    210  211  212 >>

join