It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Question of the Day

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Ok ATS this is a true question thread that I would love opinions on. We all sit and talk about everything that is wrong. From Arizona to the gulf, to a government that does not care anymore. We all talk but I would say very few take any kind of action. Myself included as well as other ATS members that I know. I have tried the writing to Senators and Congress Men. I have a few nice form letters that I have received back. But I know they do not care. So here is the question that I am looking for ideas form. What can WE do to apply the intelligence that ATS has, and I know there is a lot of it here. So lets get some ideas and see if we can not truly help our Country. I know this site has visitors from all over the world. And I pose to you the same question from an outsider looking in do you have any ideas to help this planet as a whole come back to a better place.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by crashbehr

What can WE do to apply the intelligence that ATS has, and I know there is a lot of it here.

Nothing because the intelligence isn't just on ATS, and the intelligence needs to be willingly accepted by people.

If you haven't noticed yet, people have a problem with accepting reality.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by SpectreDC

This is very true that is why I am hoping to get ideas.
Because I do run into that with a lot of people. That just would rather keep there eyes closed then to try and find the truth.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
i would like to see more transparency.
transparency in politics, working life, military, decisions making etc.
with the now ongoing and developing revolution of information through the internet, the world will become smaller and more briefed.
so progress is going on in an accelerating way, what makes me optimistic towards the future.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Give them what they want, but with a twist.

They want one word government, so give it to them, created by the people for the people, it would be a major undertaking and a lot of work, but if you could get 1/4 to 1/2 the world population to lobby, vote and decide on what countries did, and if they ignored it, flood them with emails,text, phone calls,

sounds kind of stupid, but in time i bet it could work..
the net links about everyone, why cant we use it to our advantage. Its our world, we should have the power not a select few of criminals.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   

I think we need to teach people how to be more flexible and how to compromise. We all have different opinions, different beliefs, and different priorities. That's the problem/blessing with having a pluralistic society. But if the word "compromise" has a negative connotation for you then I think you're part of the problem.

Take any hot button issue and determine what your compromise would be. Immigration. Religion. Gay rights. Identify what the opposition wants and offer a middle ground.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by severdsoul

Every interesting thought. I wonder if that is why they keep talking about an Internet Kill Switch. If we took what we had an used it. Might need to think about that one a little bit.

Crash

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
well if you get any great ideas, i have webspace. It says unlimited band width but we all know there is no such thing as that.. i'm sure there is a catch some where, but it would be a place to start. Just need a domain name, i use go-daddy, full control and easy to use.

It has merit, although would be a very uphill battle to get going and get to catch on, but if even in the U.S. you got 1/4 the people to vote a certain way, (which is whats best for us, not big corporation or politicians) They would have to take notice.

we all know violence will never work, we cant physically force them to do anything, but if we play their game, get the people in that are actually for the people, and pay attention to what the people want, it could eventually change things.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by severdsoul

I think you may be on to something here. Use our technology to beat them at there own game. So I pose a second question in this thread. If anyone has any other ideas I would love to hear them. But I know that most of us here on ATS have read and researched the MKUltra program. We have documents and it can not be debunked. I also know a lot of people how had never heard of it before. Does anyone else have any other topics that we can "prove" that can be used to our advantage?

Crash

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   
The best thing is to keep people you know informed - tell them what is going to happen in the future, and when it does - they will give more respect to your views.

The other thing to do is don't use banks - don't pay up, default on CCards, pirate stuff - boycott all corporations. Just stop complying.

For myself I switched my investments to precious metals only, 2 years ago - and told people it would be going up - they thought I was crazy for buying 'so high'. Not anymore.

[edit on 24-6-2010 by Amagnon]

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I agree keeping people informed helps a lot, as well as not use banks.

But not paying what you rightfully owe can only lead to bigger problems.
If its enough and goes on for long enough you stand to have it taken from you whether you like it or not. And in the end its only hurting other people, not the corporations, they just do lay offs, or cut backs, to make up for it, or raise prices.

I think that tactic would only add to the problems instead of get beyond them.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Here on ATS, we discuss the major problems of our times. They do not all have one cause, though some very powerful people cause multiple problems.
There are multiple groups fighting the good fights on many fronts. But, you are David fighting Goliath, and Goliath has the army of idiots on his side.
So what can we do?
The INDIVIDUAL, that is you and me, have to simply draw a line in the sand on what WE will accept, and what we will NOT accept. KNOW yourself first, and what YOU are willing to sacrifice in your own small way, and DO it. Be prepared to stand up when the time comes, and you may be alone with no one to cheer you for doing the right thing. But that is what it is going to take, millions of times over.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Yes in formation is the key, violence will not work as long as there are still people that believe in politicians. Violence only works when things are so messed up that all people can see the truth.

But if you really manage to do anything that can change the point of view of your followers you should expect being labeled terrorist and sharing a cell with some other dangerous terrorists like 10 year of girls etc.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Truthfully? I think we need a total reset. And no, I'm not joking nor am I being sensational. Unfortunately, the only real way to obtain a total reset is to go through a total collapse and that's where people begin to feel the pain of going without for awhile and start saying things like: "Oh, it wasn't that bad...."

The problem is, it is that bad.

Things are too out of whack across the board. There are way too many people in bed with other people and there aren't enough elections fast enough to get them all out at the same time. Even leaving 1/3 of our current politicians in office doesn't work. The newbies learn the ropes from the ones that are there. Things are so tangled together there is no way to even try to sift through it all and have it still make sense.

Anyone foolish enough to think that voting out a handful of congressmen and a handful of state representatives does anything deserves what we are currently paying for. Republicans, Democrats....they are all the same at this point and only looking for one thing: survival as a politician no matter what it takes or what they have to say to accomplish it.

Entitlement programs can not be saved. There are not enough payers and way too many takers to maintain status quo. It is riddled with fraud and we don't even have enough money or resources to use to clean it all up. We would literally need to stop paying and have everybody reapply in order to flush out the fraud. In absence of that, things will continue to spiral downward.

Continuing as it is now, we will end up with two classes in about 50 years or so: poverty level and rich. The rich will then determine yearly how much money the poverty-stricken get [formally known as entitlement program receivers + middle class that has been wiped out] to live and it will escalate from there. That is certainly not the future I want for my children. It will be the modern day version of slavery. Now, they try to hide it at least -- imagine when they no longer will even bother.

Transparency is a joke. There is no way to have a transparent government at this juncture because there are so many back room deals, questionable military maneuvers, missing trillions of dollars, campaign backers and financiers -- hell, 9/11 alone will prevent us from EVER having a transparent government without a total reset. There is no way to say: "From here forward...." because it is all based on what happened in the past and they certainly don't want us to know all of that! You can not justify our current military / defense budget without having to look back -- never gonna happen.

We've got the government owning businesses -- banks, cars, houses, etc. -- that alone should be a huge red flag that we went the wrong direction. The government should over see, make recommendations, keep companies on the up and up -- but never have a financial stake in anything nor should the government ever stand to gain anything from a disaster, bankruptcy, etc. -- it's a total conflict of interest and leads citizens to question the motives of every decision -- something that should be prevented at all costs since that is where the erosion begins. Losing faith in the government is now a habit and it's not a good one.

It's kind of like a game of Ker Plunk at this point. There are no more sticks to be pulled without everything coming crashing down. All we are doing is propping up the sticks that are there and hoping they hold for one more day; trying very hard not to shake the foundation one little bit.

Eventually they will give way and those that want to fight for what this country should have remained, will fight. Those that are happy with the status quo and could care less what the big picture looks like as long as they turn on their TV and see American Idol and pull-up to McDonald's to get their Big Mac fix will go another.

Just my 2 cents which is probably about what it's worth.

Edit to add:
So I'm not misunderstood, this is not an Obama problem. This is a problem that has been building for decades. Obama has escalated it in my opinion, but it certainly does not all fall on his shoulders alone nor am I saying it should.

[edit on 24-6-2010 by lpowell0627]

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blender Ace

I think we need to teach people how to be more flexible and how to compromise. We all have different opinions, different beliefs, and different priorities. That's the problem/blessing with having a pluralistic society. But if the word "compromise" has a negative connotation for you then I think you're part of the problem.

Take any hot button issue and determine what your compromise would be. Immigration. Religion. Gay rights. Identify what the opposition wants and offer a middle ground.

Back in my younger days, I never tried to compromise with someone who was trying to kill me. Call me naive.

[edit on 24-6-2010 by Nite_wing]

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by lpowell0627

I fully agree, a total reset is whats needed, but we all know that will never happen, because tptb will never allow it.
If total failure happened, then they would lose power.
They will throw everything at it they can, and put us deeper in debt and our children deeper in debt to avoid it.
I for see more bail outs in the future, both publicly known behind closed doors.
Kind of limits our options as people of the world to make things better.

Sure people will disagree about many things, but in general i think the population of the world can decide for its self what is best better than a hand full of idiots. Just like here, you get a lot of great input and its only but a micro fraction of the world population.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blender Ace

In some cases I agree that compromise should be reached more often than it is currently.

However, compromise is not always possible. And frankly, I think the politicians have compromised too much really. To our detriment and only for their immediate benefit.

For example, marriage is marriage. Either you allow gay persons to marry or you don't. There is no "well, you're kind of married as long as we don't have to call it that nor can you easily have children nor can you have the same benefits....", etc. That boils down to nothing more than one segment telling another how to live and what is and is not acceptable. We need to completely get passed telling others how they should live. It leads nowhere beneficial whatsoever.

Some issues are black and white.

Illegal immigration. There's not much of a halfway. Saying [as Obama has done] that "illegal immigrants that do not have a criminal record will not get deported" is completely an oxymoron. As soon as they crossed the border, they broke a law and are now criminals.

If you start getting into questioning -- "what laws are OK to break and which ones 'really count'" you open yourself up to all kinds of discrimination, profiling, targeting, etc. It has to be "this is the law" or it's not. Some things can't have a middle ground. Laws have to be laws -- no matter what color, race, religion, etc.

Anything less is unacceptable in my opinion. You have to walk on firm ground in order to best get where you want to go. If everything you step on is mushy, wobbly, and nearly giving way -- you never get there at the time or in the condition you want to.

The bottom line is, not everybody is going to be happy all of the time.

However, I certainly think that we should strive to have more than 38% of the population happy, which is where we are currently at.

new topics

top topics

join